PDA

View Full Version : That's gonna leave a mark

08-14-2001, 02:18 PM
I guess if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at...One of the way's I was able to convince my wife I needed my new 400ex was that I didn't have anything to play with other than my 98 Toyota 4x4. I reasoned that if I tore up the Toyota I would really be in trouble since it was my daily driver. After a little more groveling I was able to get my quad. I believe it was my 3rd ride, one of my riding buddies has 320 acres with good trails we went out and spent the day on. Good time had by all, we come rippin back into camp doing donuts, wheelies, and the usual when it happens. I'm in the middle of a good donut when my quad hooks up, pitches me off the side and you guessed it slams right into the driver side door of my 4x4. All I could do was shake my head and laugh. We took off the door panel & knocked it out best we could. I can still see the mark in the door where it dinged the paint. I haven't fixed it yet it still makes me laugh when I look at it. I do try to get my donuts out of the way before camp now though.

FoxRacing400EX
08-14-2001, 05:17 PM
that sucks, i bet your wife had a field day with it too:D

inacoma91
08-14-2001, 06:15 PM
Damn that sucks man.......I hate to hear a Tacoma getting hit by its own driver!!!! Oh well.......You dont happen to be in TTORA (Tacoma Territory Off Road Association) do you?? If you are then i am too. Here is a pic of my truck.

08-16-2001, 01:59 PM
No I didn't even know of the TTORA. As many miles as I put on mine I oughta join the TTFDA (Toyota Tacoma Freeway Drivers Association) I haven't been off road with it in over a year. It's a 98 with 112,000 miles on it. No, pics of it or the quad yet. As for the wife, she was actually pretty cool about it.

inacoma91
08-16-2001, 02:18 PM
Thats cool..........Yeah you should join TTORA. Its also free. All you have to do is find wich state chapter you are in and sign up the stuff on the page and they will send you a confirmation letter in the mail and maybe a sticker. They have a message board just like this and its very informative!!

www.tacomaterritory.com

see ya
andrew

4punksdad
08-16-2001, 08:11 PM
thats a funny story......... :)

one of my kids dented a 98 GMC dually I used to have. The truck was pretty much brand new when my 3yr old son ran into it with a plastic (electric powered) chevy z-71 pickup & dented the cab right behind the door........LOL

I wonder why the auto makers don't build all their vehicles out of that hard plastic :o