PDA

View Full Version : 440 kit

volume3512003
09-29-2003, 09:54 PM
i need to know if i will have to bore out my motor with a 440 kit dont want to do that i want to be able to slap it on with out my dad knowing thats how i did it with every thing else but my race cut fenderrs were well yea i got yelled at. if i do have to bore is there another way i can go? if i do get the 440 will i have to put a bigger carb on to give it more fuel? can you give me prices?

cals400ex
09-29-2003, 10:25 PM
a 440 will require boring of the cylinder/resleeving. this is how you get the extra cubic centimeters. when puttin a piston in, you should always hone it out no matter what. if you dont want to pay for the boring, you could just put in a factory size high compression piston, but you will still need to hone the cylinder. a 440 is 4mm bigger than stock on the piston. the boring will probally not be overly expensive. i payed $90 to go 1mm bigger on the piston and i also had them install and gap my rings. that is probally overpriced so you may be able to find it cheaper. however, 4mm is a lot more than my 1mm so it may be a little more than $100. you won't need a bigger carb, just some biggers jet which is only a few bucks each. i recommend going smaller than a 440 if you are worried about money because you will have to put a bigger sleeve in if you go any bigger than 3mm over stock. this will add to the cost. i put in a 1mm bigger piston (406) with a stage 2 hotcam and the bike runs great. most people go with the 416's (2mm bigger than stock). good luck