PDA

View Full Version : Combustion chamber mod

mustangman
09-29-2003, 09:19 PM
I was looking on Trinitys website and I saw something about a combustion chamber mod. I was wondering if anyone on here knows what that is?

airheadedduner
09-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Are you talking 2 stroke or 4?
I know on a 2 stroke they rechamber the head and alter the squish band by closing it down a lot more. From the factory the squish is set to high and you lose a lot of fuel charge that won't get burned till after TDC making it useless. Having the squish band set right will also cause it to act more like a heat sink and pull heat away from the hottest part of the combustion chamber preventing preignition.

I know right now you are probly thinking "squish band??, that sounds like he is full of chit." I have read a lot on 2 strokes. If you are interested in porting and other mods actully involve doing to a motor I highly recomend you read A. Graham Bells, Two Stroke:Performance Tuning handbook. It is full of info on ring dings. About $30 to your front door from amazon.com

PHIL_B54
09-30-2003, 08:39 AM
there's also one for the xr400/400ex their website is messed up right now, or id link the page to here. ive also wondered about it its like $80

mustangman
10-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Anyone else know anything about this mod for the 400ex??