PDA

View Full Version : MotoX vs. QuadFMX

JLanphear
09-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Just curious...

What do you guys think of the two?

Things like...What do you like better? Why? Which riders of today have more skill? What about the future?

Thought it would be a good discussion...

-Josh

sweet300ex
09-29-2003, 06:22 PM
i think quad FMX will skyrocket in a few months, and Motox is growing nicely and some crazy **** is being pulled off!

MILF_HUNTER
09-29-2003, 07:34 PM
i dunno if it will skyrocket in a few months but by the end of next season it will definatly be alot bigger. things dont happen over night. it takes time. if something blows up to fast then its just gonna be a fad and only the diehards will be left to carry on. dont get my wrong i want quadfmx to get big but not in such a hurry.

bluebaron
09-29-2003, 08:02 PM
^^^ i like the way you think

Narly R
09-29-2003, 10:30 PM
I like to watch QFMX more, but MFMX is swete too, and a LOT more popular... and they have the 360 and bf on the bikes.....:ermm:

09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
i like em all

kxrider
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
i like moto better, just becuase they go bigger, and it is harder becuase you only have 2 wheels, and only pegs to land on, no safty nerf bars or nothin, but the fact that a quad is just so much bigger, and heavier, is wat makes it tight:D

CAMPRO
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
I think it will take something huge, like a back flip, to move the quad fmx up with the dirtbikes. However, I don't think it will ever be as big as the dirtbikes. I personally enjoy watching the quads more because it's impressive seeing a 375lbs+ machine fly through the air.

nacs400ex
09-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
i like moto better, just becuase they go bigger, and it is harder becuase you only have 2 wheels, and only pegs to land on, no safty nerf bars or nothin, but the fact that a quad is just so much bigger, and heavier, is wat makes it tight:D

how does that make it harder. I find freestyle easier on dirtbikes, for the fact that you get more hangtime, easier bailing. I find it boring to watch dirtbikes do fmx, its the same old thing over again. It is different on a quad, and I just love it when I see a quad soaring across an 80ft gap doing a no footed can. :blah:

Glow Plug
09-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Personally I like fmx better than qfmx why? Because in all realitaly qfmx is pretty pitiful when you put it up against fmx. Like our "pro's" are like 3 or 4 years back when comparied to the fmx crowd and were not inventiving any new tricks were just copying the fmx guys. Like sure its nice for a 370 pound machine to go jump a 60 foot gap or whatever and somebody busting out a no foot can. But really I find it alot more intresting watching some body jump 200 feet plus and busting out a ssg.

kxrider
09-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
how does that make it harder. I find freestyle easier on dirtbikes, for the fact that you get more hangtime, easier bailing. I find it boring to watch dirtbikes do fmx, its the same old thing over again. It is different on a quad, and I just love it when I see a quad soaring across an 80ft gap doing a no footed can. :blah:

i was waiting for someone to say this and i am guessing you dont even own a bike??? proly strickly quads, i have done both, and when you miss a peg on a bike you get racked, and get a nice scare on your calf if your lucky, on a quad u just hit the nerf bars nets and they catch you, you cant go wrong as long as u land straight

nacs400ex
10-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Nope, I had a yz80 a few years ago. I ride my friends rm125, and I also help teach at a dirtbike camp for MX. I know how to ride fairly good on a dirtbike, I just aint rich to have both. I have one nice quad, instead of a stock dirtbike and a stock quad. Not too many dirtbikes do 200feet ssg.

With a quad when your jumping big you have to make sure it is level ( not on uneven ground) cause if its uneven you gotta work hard. Dirtbike is only one tire. wide.. Its harder to maneuver in the air so if you screw up you have to be quite skilled to fix it. A dirtbike is extremely easy to whip around in the air.

I personally laugh at dirtbikers who thinks quad are easier to ride than a dirtbike, cause obviously you arent pushing them to the limits. Quad is a lot harder to rider when you get in the higher experience.

westcoastmxer
10-02-2003, 07:44 PM
quads are the bomb!!!and dirt bikes are boring.quads have more compatision in racing and alot funner to watch.its really hard to bail off a quad.i think also that they need to do a back flip,but if the quad lands on u u mite be dead.i think we need quads on tv!!!!!!!!

spud400ex
10-02-2003, 08:44 PM
i think motoX is boring becuase ive been watching them freestyle for a while and it gets really boring. quads will get big sometime or another.

yzf_rider
10-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by spud400ex
i think motoX is boring becuase ive been watching them freestyle for a while and it gets really boring.

spud's right...

its nice to see something new, and bailing on a quad is a hell of a lot harder, i like kicking the @ss end out around corners on a quad, the jumps, so soft.. i broke 2 lower vertibre on two wheels from landing too hard...

the only 2 wheels i like to see these days are stuntin street bikes or street tires on a dirt bike and hittin the oval track, that can be fun.:D

Quad18star
10-16-2003, 03:47 PM
I like Quad FMX better than MotoX . I used to enjoy watching Motox FMX but now its all about who can do the backflip the best . The old school tricks like Nac Nacs are out and you need to know the backflip . Even with the Quads , I watch my old vids like Quatros Locos and see the guys busting out small tricks and it's awesome cuz those are the guys that started it all . Don't get me wrong , the tricks the guys on quads these days bust out are insane but I think a lot of credit is deserved for the guys who started it all out .