PDA

View Full Version : 450r In Nov. Dirt Wheels!!

ELANSS
09-29-2003, 02:03 PM
They have a review of the 450r which does not list much new info.But if you look at the Duncan Racing Adds in the front they show pics of a 450r with a FatBoy4 pipe,a duncan racing front bumper(which the part # is dif. from 400ex),brake line kits,IMS 4.0 gallon tank and then its listed under roll's suspension parts.So hopefully we won't have to wait long for accessories!! My dealer says mine will be in the end of Nov.!! I called Roll last week and they told me they were 99% sure the a-arms from a 400ex will not fit.:(

airtime
09-30-2003, 09:02 AM
i hope the magazines get a 450r soo and compare it to the yzf450. i'm tired of all this bench racing. maybe since honda and yamaha are about the same size (at least in advertising) they will recieve and honest unbiased evaluation. i guess there is always a first for everybody. lol also heard suzuki is coming out with a new 450 motox bike. totally new motor (not based off of the current drz400 motor), maybe it will find it's way to the z400 also.:D

Bretmd94
09-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by airtime
i hope the magazines get a 450r soo and compare it to the yzf450. i'm tired of all this bench racing. maybe since honda and yamaha are about the same size (at least in advertising) they will recieve and honest unbiased evaluation. i guess there is always a first for everybody. lol also heard suzuki is coming out with a new 450 motox bike. totally new motor (not based off of the current drz400 motor), maybe it will find it's way to the z400 also.:D

yeah.... because the magazines have always done a great job at comparing bikes in the past.....:o

Punk'd
10-03-2003, 04:15 PM
guys its all about money everything is these days *sigh*

Woody_YFZ
10-10-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by airtime

That would be nice. It will be even better when we can go buy one and do comparisons ourselves.

hsr
10-10-2003, 09:30 AM
as much as i hate to say it , it almost seems as if dirtwheels is more on yamaha's side than on hondas. they thought the yfz was the best thing since sliced bread , and all they do is complain about how long it took for the honda to come out. dirt wheels can
f*st themselves.

Bretmd94
10-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Dirt wheels also hyped up the z400. I would rather have a 400ex. I think the magazine is paid off. :rolleyes:

trueblue450
10-10-2003, 03:22 PM
but they said the 250EX is better than the Z250.. so now whos paying who off..

The Z400 is a nice machine and it was new and more powerfull than a stock 400.

THE YFZ 450 is better than sliced bread.. ride one and then tell me its not!

dirtriderex
10-11-2003, 06:06 AM
my buddy had a z and it had more power but as for handling, I would never trust my life on that POS

Bretmd94
10-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
my buddy had a z and it had more power but as for handling, I would never trust my life on that POS

I totally agree, They seem top heavy like a raptor, and they sit up taller. They cant corner nearly as well as a 400ex, and they have a weak frame on stock frame standards. So they have 2 hp more than a 400ex... yippy. I rode a 400z with exhaust all weekend at the dunes once, i would much rather have my stock 400ex.

dirtriderex
10-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Amen to that:D

Got Huevos?
10-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by trueblue450
THE YFZ 450 is better than sliced bread.. ride one and then tell me its not!

they're not. now go back to buetraxx moron. :rolleyes:

ATC83
10-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Got Huevos?
they're not. now go back to buetraxx moron. :rolleyes:

You obviously have never ridden a YFZ450. That bike is the fastest and most sweetest handleing quad I have ever had the privlage to throw a leg over. The machine flat out rips. I'm saying this as a life long Honda man. I get sick of you close minded people who can't even admit that Yamaha has made one sweet bike. Instead of ripping on Yamaha we should be all happy that both Yamaha and Honda are making real high performance bikes again. I was going to put a deposit down on a TRX450 but after I saw the specs I decided not to. At least Yamaha had the guts to build a true high performance machine with an FCR carb and throttle position sensor unlike Honda. I'm sure that Suzuki will be building a high performance ATV based on there new 450 motocross bike engine. Lets just hope that they don't hold back on the performance goodies like Honda. It really pisses me off that Honda didn't put the FCR pumper carb on the TRX450. I really wanted to get one of these bikes but I don't want to have to spend the additonal money to get it up to YFZ450 specs. It costs $600 for an FCr carb not to mention what it would cost for the high compression piston and new cam.

Out_Sider
10-13-2003, 08:19 PM
the 450r has a 42mm carb, which is better than a 39mm..drr, and woopty doo, maybe it will need a few mods such as high comp piston and cam..i am a true honda fan and would own nothing else..but i dont have any idea what your talking about having to buy an FCR when the honda comes with a 42mm??? wtf

rtyfz450
10-13-2003, 09:16 PM
OMG will you people ever learn. it is not that the trx has a bigger carb it is the type of carb that it has. It is not an FCR and that makes a big difference!!!!! don't go talking about stuff you can't comprehend and yes you will need to buy a fcr to get the bike up to spec and it is like 344 from service honda. then add the hcr kit (299)and a high compression piston (?? 120-160??) with new rings and new head gasket and better tires (110) and then you will have a kick *** bike but at a price of 7499 that is more than a yfz without tax and you can get a piped yfz with air filter and extra goods for that. I would say that both will probably rip and I can't wait to see them both in a shoot out with the new kawisuki 450 face it we are on a roll now that these bikes have come out.
anyway lets not try to argue until the trx comes out they both have advantages on paper but I can tell you the yfz is the best bike I have ridden period.

EvilEwok
10-19-2003, 05:51 PM
um dude....its 6499 :p you lame ***, go throw yourself off a cliff now with your yamaha and burn unhappily. Btw, it looks even more sexy in the mag than it does online :eek:

markk
11-07-2003, 11:11 AM
STAY RED

STAY RED

STAY RED

STAY RED

400grl
11-08-2003, 07:11 AM
I'm thinking there is a reason why Honda didn't use the FCR carb - and it's probably a good one, knowing Honda. They don't do anything without fully researching and testing it. And the number of 450's I've heard sputtering or popping around the track has been growing lately. Could be no one can jet one properly, but it still leaves me to think Honda had something in mind with the carb they chose. I am not bashing on the 450 - I rode one and it's amazing. But I still have all the faith in Honda.

TCracin440ex
11-08-2003, 08:34 AM
damn....couldnt agree more....i think she hit the nail right on the head.....RIDE RED.........IF YOU DONT HAVE THE WINGS YOU DONT HAVE A PRAYER

TGW_400ex
11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
umm wow noone ever points out that the 450r is a true 450 and the YFZ has a 439cc engine

the more mods the LESS reliable thats what honda was thinkin go get the HRC kit and it will be as much as the YFZ and probably beat it

stop praisin the YFZ and bashin the 450r IT ISNT OUT YET!!!!