PDA

View Full Version : Mike Walsh wins Montreal Supercross

thomas
09-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Sat Sept 27. at Montreal Olympic Stadium.
Mike Walsh, Dana Creech and Harold Goodman made the trip up to Montreal to ride against the best in Canada.
In the main event Jasmin Plante got the holeshot and led the first part of the race. Walsh was working him the whole time and about 3/4 through the race made the move to pass Plante. Creech was running in 3rd and Goodman 4th until Creech made a mistake off the tripple, and killed his bike. Goodman took advantage and moved into 3rd and Creech rejoined in 4th. #1 Richard Pelchat had to go to the LCQ and fiinished 5th. James Bank #3, god a bad start and got spun and was dead last making it up to 10th.
In the "Dash for Cash" , which is Les Mans start, Goodman on his stock YFZ got the holeshot, Bank got his HOuser YZF started on the first kick and was in second. Good man went start to finish for the win. Bank held second until he bent his swingarm over the big tripple and next lap did only the double, when Jasmin and Walsh tippled by him. Creech couldn't get his bike started fast enough and ended up in 6th.
There were 40 entries and 20 went to the main. I qualified 8th in my heat and the first 6 of every heat wnet to the final plus 2 from the LCQ.
I had a lot of fun.
We than drove all night to make a Provincial in Ont. at Gopher Dunes, and I got double 4.

nacs400ex
09-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Thomas, Do you have differnt graphics for your quad now, or was their two KTM's ? I watched it on TV, I wish I could have went. But I couldnt get a ride.

coryatver
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Nice report. Thanks. I hope you keep us up to date. Quad races are on tv in canada eh. Its gotta be better than only getting dirtbike fmx.

660bigdaddy
09-29-2003, 05:42 PM
nice report. heard there is some fast cunucks up there. was there a lot of yfz's. also is it a dead engine start?

nacs400ex
09-29-2003, 08:15 PM
I believe there was only one yfz but I aint sure. It was harold goodmans. Actually it was a pay per view event on TV, Thomas raced it.

Canidule250r
09-30-2003, 07:27 AM
dead engines starts are such a joke....they only wanna make fun of quads.....well yeah i was there....i was there friday to watch freestyle practice(dont ask me how i got in haha there was like 4 ppl in the whole stadium) and also saturday all day long and still i couldnt get any pit pass the security was amazing....richmond motorsport owner was supposed to get us a pass but he couldnt.....so i took a gatorade bottle sticker and rolled it around my wrist and showed it to the security real fast and i luckily got thru all the security guards lol.....but anyway.....i dont quite remember the qualification cuz i was sitting so low i couldnt even figure out who was first....anyway wes miller was there too walking around and taking pics............and that other ktm was jeff dufour's ktm 520.....nice bike too...prp frame, leager front end, etc etc......but yeah still it was just amazing seeing all these canadian pros wwwayy behind dana, harold, mike and jasmin...well most bikes were soo pretty there oh and ppl seemed to think mike jones was cool when he jumped the 80 and 45 footer without any helmet

Ex_Rider43
10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
I have it all on tape!!! that was the best atv race I ever got to see. the battle in the final was really nice.

yes there was only 1 yfz

400exBro
10-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Thomas- nice report...
i deffently need some more power, stock ex ain't cutting it anymore... ya Thomas you were super fast on sunday at Gopher, you really held of Chris on his z440, i got it all on tape...
i am thinking about going to Piasley sometime soon with a couple of buddies, you want to meet up there sometime??