PDA

View Full Version : Is this the real deal, or is another in the making?

YZROOSTINYA
09-29-2003, 11:49 AM
JUST HEAR SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy at local cycle place says.....

The 450r that we are seeing now is not what is to come.
This was a quad to make those happy that were wanting more than the 400ex. A racier version but not the raciest.

Honda wanted something out there to capture sales but there is more to come.

POSSIBLY in the next 1-2 years Honda will be making a TRUE High Performance racer. Ful tilt, aluminum frame and all else that goes with the real deal.

We shall see.

theTman
09-29-2003, 02:06 PM
bs..

jdt
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
YZ roostinya

I'm a dealer and we've heard some good RUMORS. I don't know if Honda would go to all that trouble, but I do think that there will be some small changes to the original before it starts production. I think Farr is still doing some testing.
(like maybe linkage)
Just my opinion.

howboutchaw
10-02-2003, 08:20 PM
I talked to Baldwin motor sports today. I asked if they thought pep shocks for a 400ex could be set up for the new 450r. I said from the pics the rear looks like a close match. The person laughed and said don't worry about all the pics in the magazines, the new 450 is going to be a lot different then what we have seen so far, and they claim they have no ideal if any of the suspension parts will interchange with the 400ex. This person said that the bike in all the mags is just the show bike not the real production bike.

Made me think wtf is going on!!

Woody_YFZ
10-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Of course they're going to make improvements over the years, if they don't in a couple years they'll have a 400EX again.

As far as they bike we've been seeing isn't the real thing.. Just like the sketch wasn't what the bike was going to look like. Why would Honda put it on their web site if that's not what it's going to look like. They have drawings and everything else years before they go into production, of course that's what the bike is going to look like at the dealer in January.

zfire_28
10-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Dealers around here are so full of chit. I don't beleive nothing they tell me. :mad:

not flaming you jdt. :cool:

jdt
10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
That's okay z-fire, I understand that alot dealers have no clue on what they are talking about, especially if they don't ride. I think the changes (if they do) will be small improvements that you won't be able to tell by just looking at the atv. Different style linkage or something like that.

Tommy 17
10-05-2003, 07:36 AM
a crf450f style rear linkage would be the only thing the honda needs... o and a FCR carb...

KandK952
10-05-2003, 08:29 PM
I think they should change the linkage, and the front fenders.

That is probably true about that not being the exact model they are releasing... I am sure those are old pictures (most of them that are around.)