PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on DG stuff

12gofast
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
I would like to get everyones honest opinion about DG products.
Bumpers, Nerfs, Skids, etc.

I want to hear everything....good or bad

What do you like or dislike....are they durable, how are the welds.

Lets hear what you guys think.

Corey Wiltzen
09-29-2003, 10:16 AM
I have DG nerf bars on my 400 and I love them!!! They give your quad that "racey" look and I find them to pretty durable. I've rolled my quad a couple times since I got them and they still hold up. If you were to get nerf bars I would look at getting DG or AC. I heard AC are supposed to be pretty good too. Hope I helped.

lil400exman
09-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Dg's are horrible IMO. I had a old bumper from them and i was putting my ol 300 on the trailer and it rolled down to the front of the trailer and hit the railing around it and cracked right where the mounting tabs meet the bumper.:mad: there nerf bars are made out of straws they are extrmely weak i have seen many bend and stuff and the only good thing DG has is the Baja skid plates. for anything else AC is the way to go.....and if ya have a quad Ac pro-pegs are awesome cause they replace your whole footpeg and have great traction and make me feel really confident on my bike!:devil:

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-29-2003, 10:40 AM
i ran their skid before on my old blaster....it ended up cracking on me, and i ride mx :o

OhioRed
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
i have not had any problems with my DG nerfs. this is with getting scraped along trees pretty regularly too. no rolls though.

brian400ex
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
A DG bumper saved my frame when i hit a tree. Smashed the hell out of the bumper, but it did its job.

Brian

4TraxRider
09-29-2003, 11:56 AM
IMO, they are worth what you pay. They aren't great high end stuff, but they get the job done if your not a hardcore racer. Another thing I like about DG, is that they always fit. I've had to send back AC stuff several times before they even came close to fitting.

Rip_Tear
09-29-2003, 11:59 AM
I haven't heard too much good about old DG stuff but not a lot of people have tried their new stuff, or so it seems....

12gofast
09-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys...keep it coming

slosh13
09-29-2003, 01:09 PM
it seems to be tough stuff. a couple of my friends have the DG nerfs and so far they have held up well. But in my opinion i would save a little more $$ and buy some AC stuff. But DG is an all around good product.

sickmojave
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
I had a real hard time getting the DG swinger skid on my mojave.:(

sweet300ex
09-29-2003, 01:19 PM
junk

Roostin400
09-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Brian,i never had anything but the nerfs...and they were junk,i hit a tree up at Zack Jones' house one night and they bent so bad...i couldnt even get them off!they suck... R.I.P Zack Jones

nismo
09-29-2003, 01:53 PM
i have DG nerfs, light protector, and grab bar they seem like very good products for non racer type riding plus they are at a good price compared to other companys

R-Crazy
09-29-2003, 01:54 PM
i put one on my 300 rite b4 i sold it cuz my AC bent when i hit a tree after goin off a 5 ft drop off 3rd pinned, the AC got bent up, but rightfuully so. i like AC stuff, my friend swears by DG, but im not crazy about them. i like PRM, or graydon, or really any of the smaller companies, they usually make good stuff, cuz they want to make more money and get more customers. DG is just too big.

dave

kabd69667
09-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
junk

considering you don't own any DG products on your little 300ex??:rolleyes:

There are nothing wrong with DG parts. It's all rumors. I had DG nerfs and a bumper on my old 400ex and never had any problems. DG alloy nerfs are deffinetly more stable than regular AC nerfs.

Don't talk crap about a brand unless you have first hand experience with a bad product.

Teufel
09-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Their swingarm skids aren't strong enough for riding in the sand..
:D

ridesa02400EX
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
DG sucks i have a full chassis skid plate and it doesnt even fit right all of my AC stuff fits fine. AC nerfs have held up to about 6 rolls and have not bent yet

sweet300ex
09-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
considering you don't own any DG products on your little 300ex??:rolleyes:

There are nothing wrong with DG parts. It's all rumors. I had DG nerfs and a bumper on my old 400ex and never had any problems. DG alloy nerfs are deffinetly more stable than regular AC nerfs.

Don't talk crap about a brand unless you have first hand experience with a bad product.
one of my best friends bought all DG stuff (exhuast system, bumper, nerfs) the pipe and silencer rusted and didnt give it power, the bumper is a krome lite, that cost $120, and it rust and the chrome came off, and the nerfs bent and the webs ips and tore, so i do have good experienc,e if you dont belive me, ask jarred15801

and dont be dissing my 300, its fine for me and i wasnt saying **** about your quad

jarred15801
09-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
one of my best friends bought all DG stuff (exhuast system, bumper, nerfs) the pipe and silencer rusted and didnt give it power, the bumper is a krome lite, that cost $120, and it rust and the chrome came off, and the nerfs bent and the webs ips and tore, so i do have good experienc,e if you dont belive me, ask jarred15801

and dont be dissing my 300, its fine for me and i wasnt saying **** about your quad

yeah man hes right the pipe and silencer didnt do sh*t for power and the paint peeled and rusted within 3 months, the nerfs were basicly trash the webbing ripped the bolts snapped, the nerfs bent, the net holders broke off too and it rusted and peeled in about 2 months, and the bumper was sweet when new but within 4 months the chrome was peeling off and starteing to rust

and i dont see why your dissing his fourwheeler the dg parts dont mater what quad there on there still nerfs and a bumper and also everyone knows there pipes suck also

ohh and the kid with all this dg things on it well hes sellin it all becasue it was trash and goin with ac and a hetrick pipe

hondarider2006
09-29-2003, 06:50 PM
the only DG part I have ever owned is a silencer that came on my snowmachine. Its louder than the same snowmachine with a straight pipe:devil:

oldsandman
09-29-2003, 07:13 PM
DG stuff in my exprierance is mediocre at best. Almost every piece I have bought from them has required fitting. I think they remove the parts from the jigs before they cool after welding so they almost always don't fit right. I have not tried the new chrome light stuff fwiw. I will not use their parts unless their is no choice or someone really wants me to use it on their quad.

Juggalo
09-29-2003, 08:09 PM
DG is the worst of the worst. anybody who says any of their stuff is worth a crap obviousley has not had experience with any other brand. DG= Don't Get

foxhonda_400ex
09-29-2003, 09:19 PM
my friend has dg nerfs on his quad, and they are nice, except for the mounting hardware, all of them i've seen tend to rust. AC is all aluminum so no rust. the DG will polish out nice, and are just as strong as my AC's in my opinion. DG are good for your weekend warrior riders.

300exQuadracer
09-30-2003, 11:28 AM
i had dg steel nerfs on my 300ex and i broke them off 3 times at the back mounting spot so i put a piece of pipe inside them and welded nice triple beads on em and they never broke after that i also wedgen em between 2 treea and bent the one bad enough if i bent it back it probably woulda snapped

vroom
09-30-2003, 05:06 PM
I personally only liek their bumpers... im very happy with it and it gives a 400 a nice look... for nerfs and skids i go with graydon they are by far the strongest in my opinion.. my freind and i both went to his upstate house and its really rocky there.. we came back and his skid plate was busted beyond recognition, my graydon proline just had some scratchs in her :D ...in my sig it says i have baja skids, but i just recently found out after i got back from my freinds upstate house that the sticker said graydon and not baja, haha:blah:

EvilJester400EX
10-02-2003, 03:02 PM
I have a set of nerfs that I got one year ago around this time when I picked up the 400. A few races ago, me, another 400ex, and a z400 all got tangled up in the holeshot and my bike got it the worst, my DG nerf was bent up to the engine. :eek: Good thing my friend stood on it and bent it back down so I could race again (we had to restart, I got the holeshot:cool: ). But for those short on cash, there is nothing wrong with DG, i was in 4th gear when that happened and someone slammed into my nerf bar. The fit on my nerf bars was perfect when I put them on my 400 a year ago.

coryatver
10-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I don't use DG parts. I figure I spent all this money on a nice quad, why put cheap parts on it?

DEAL
10-02-2003, 10:42 PM
The alloy nerfs are the only decent product if your NOT racing.
Otherwise they are junk....

300EXrider02
10-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I have their chrome lite nerfs, they are awesome, much better than their alloy or steel nerfs, the fit was a pain, but didnt bother me

they have take a beating and my friends jump and stand on them, they are still shiny and not bent or dented, very glad I bought these over AC's

DG's chrome lite nerfs are actual nerf bars!! they have a lot of webbing, unlike AC crapola for the 300ex its more metal then netting

AC= broken ankle when you slip off because too much metal and too small

DG= tight fit, but strong as heck and ver large netting space, catfches your foot very well (chrome lite stuff)

dont diss DG chrom lite stuff when you havent ever had it

DEAL
10-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
I have their chrome lite nerfs, they are awesome, much better than their alloy or steel nerfs, the fit was a pain, but didnt bother me

they have take a beating and my friends jump and stand on them, they are still shiny and not bent or dented, very glad I bought these over AC's

DG's chrome lite nerfs are actual nerf bars!! they have a lot of webbing, unlike AC crapola for the 300ex its more metal then netting

AC= broken ankle when you slip off because too much metal and too small

DG= tight fit, but strong as heck and ver large netting space, catfches your foot very well (chrome lite stuff)

dont diss DG chrom lite stuff when you havent ever had it

Dg chrome lite stuff is just the steel stuff but chromed ....
Which makes it junk.

muff
10-04-2003, 01:41 PM
I have not had any problems with the baja skids on my 300ex, other than the fact that the a-arm skids didnt seem to mount up that good, the bumper seemed pretty tough, has takin a few crashes with no problems

I had DG nerf bars on my 300ex as well, kromelite, those were a piece, bent like nothin, and a few of my friends have had the DG alloys and they seem to bend to easily as well

the AC heavy duty skid is quite tough and would be what i'd purchase again for a rear skid, I haven't had any problems with the AC full skid on my 400ex, and the AC bumper has also held up well so for a bumper i'd go by the looks of it, which i really like the new style AC. I also have the older style propeg nerfs on my 400ex and they are very durable, i've slid into a few trees now with no problems, I like the heelguards on them but I just wish the pegs didnt wear down as fast

as for everyone talkin about you get what you pay for, last time i checked practically all of ACs products were cheaper than DGs, expect for the propeg nerfs

dbsbl1
10-04-2003, 03:17 PM
I've owned my 300 for two years and it had a DG exhaust, nerfs, and bumper when I bought it used. I'm not too excited about the exhaust as it's too damn loud. The nerfs look kind of cheap, but they haven't failed yet. I'm 235 lbs. and I can stand on one side or the other and they don't break or bend. The nets did break loose but that was easily fixed by pop rivets. The bumper has taken a few tree shots and held up pretty well.

300EXrider02
10-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Which makes it junk.

I guess that is why I owned the steels before and they were horrible, and bent, but the chromes for some reason havent?:huh

i have owned them before, yes they are steel, no they are not the same, better welds, better mounting harware, much more sturdy

i still would pick DG over AC for a 300ex, no one can argue that AC nerfs for a 300ex are more metal then netting, defeating the whole purpose of getting nerf bars....just for show

we all know looks wins the races, not the skill or the quad:eek:

300EXrider02
10-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Which makes it junk.

I guess that is why I owned the steels before and they were horrible, and bent, but the chromes for some reason havent?:huh

i have owned them before, yes they are steel, no they are not the same, better welds, better mounting harware, much more sturdy

i still would pick DG over AC for a 300ex, no one can argue that AC nerfs for a 300ex are more metal then netting, defeating the whole purpose of getting nerf bars....just for show

we all know looks wins the races, not the skill or the quad:eek:

the chrome lite nerfs are built much better, aand are much better quaility then the DG steel nerfs, the 70 or 80$ cost difference is not just for chroming

Sportrax10
10-04-2003, 08:21 PM
I have the bumper and I regret not getting the AC,:mad:

secret sauc002
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
i have the krome lite exhaust and it is suposedly glasspacked and it has no baffle at all and it shoots fire which is cool but other than that its just loud and backfires and crackles and is stupid and dosent add that much power so my opinion on DG stuff i crap.

nky400
10-09-2003, 09:19 PM
I have a DG alloy bumper. I like it and it looks good. The only complaint I have is that I sent it back THREE times before I got one that was half-way straight. The first three were too crooked to do anything with. On the 4th one I still had to drill the holes out bigger so I could adjust it to make it straight.

maxamillion
10-11-2003, 10:58 PM
my dg alloy nerfs bent. and the part what connects to the frame rusted within a couple of weeks. i have had no problems with the front bumper though

KILLER EX
10-15-2003, 05:36 AM
I HAVE 4 QUADS WITH EVERYTHING THAT DG MAKES FOR THEM ON THEM !! MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE FRONT BUMPERS THEY BEND VERY EASY COMPARED TO OTHERS.BUT I GUESS IT IS BETTER TO BENT A $50.00 BUMPER THAN A FRAME. I LIVE IN MASS AND THE ROCKS ARE TERRIBLE THE SKID PLATES TAKE SOME SEVERE ABUSE AND COME BACK FOR MORE.JUST MY 2 CENTS

K_Fulk
10-15-2003, 07:47 AM
I stay away from there stuff, pretty much ruined a dg swingarm skid and bumper the first few months i owned them. To me is seems PRM's stuff holds up good and fits right. And ac's might not mount up right but will last.

Duner21
10-16-2003, 06:57 PM
check out PRM...... you'll like their stuff

Live2Ride300
10-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I'd never buy a DG swingarm skid, just because of people I know who have completely trashed them within a month or so, so I stay away from those, but I had one of their chassis skids on my 300ex, it was pretty nice, I like the way it mounted, and it did alright, I did bend it pretty bad once, it was sitting up against my drain bolt and it was vibrating like heck, I took it off, banged it out and it was fine, it was a big rock that I hit going pretty fast. I had their bumper on my 300ex as well, I never slammed into nething, so I dont know how it would hold up in a crash, but it looked pretty nice, lol. Im going to get an AC bumper, grab bar, chassis skid and nerfs for my R. I have a PRM skid for it, that thing is pretty heavy duty, it looks like it should hold up pretty well!

bigbadbrad
10-18-2003, 10:49 AM
i own the dg alloy nerfs for my 300ex. the only problem i have had with them is the mounts had slight surface ruston them when i bought my 300. The nerfs came with my 300 when i gouth it used. I just painted the mounts and imo it looks beter with them painted. I like how they o behind the foot peg. My nets have never torn. And i stand on them and on the nerfs also. I can put all my wieght on them(225lbs) and they dont bend or anything. If i were to buy new nerfs i would probaly get dg or graydon. The nerfs are junk though. go alloy or no nerfs.