View Full Version : Blisters

REC
09-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Do any of you have a problem getting blisters on your hands when you ride? If so have you found any gloves that help prevent them?

I run renthal race bars w/medium grips.

is there a different grip that I should try?

Any help is appreciated

spincr4hire
09-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by REC
Do any of you have a problem getting blisters on your hands when you ride? If so have you found any gloves that help prevent them?

I run renthal race bars w/medium grips.

is there a different grip that I should try?

Any help is appreciated

its just a part of riding.

those Aury grips are pretty sweet.

Guy400
09-29-2003, 07:18 AM
If you're getting blisters while wearing gloves the problem is that you're a sissy:D You need to go outside and dig a downspout trench by hand without wearing any gloves. Those blisters will soon turn to callouses and you won't need gloves anymore! When I was younger (the phrase "strong back, weak mind" comes to mind) I worked for a roofer one summer and then a mason another summer. When we weren't on site and the delivery truck would show up they'd just drop the shingles off at the end of the driveway and my happy *** would have to walk the bundles onto the roof. I decided to get out of manual labor jobs when a truck with 2500 cement blocks dropped them off about 200' from the basement we were building. By myself I carried all of them by hand while 2 masons laid block. I was behind the entire day...

Moral of the story is that I don't get blisters anymore:D

09-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Those renthal grips are the problem not your gloves. The grips are sweet, i ran them for 2 years. I recently switched to spyder grips that Jeff started carrying. Well i've got a 2 hour gncc race and 9 hours of riding at hatfield McCoy and not 1 blister. Switch out your grips and you'll be fine..

ScreaminZ400
09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
If you're getting blisters while wearing gloves the problem is that you're a sissy:D You need to go outside and dig a downspout trench by hand without wearing any gloves. Those blisters will soon turn to callouses and you won't need gloves anymore! When I was younger (the phrase "strong back, weak mind" comes to mind) I worked for a roofer one summer and then a mason another summer. When we weren't on site and the delivery truck would show up they'd just drop the shingles off at the end of the driveway and my happy *** would have to walk the bundles onto the roof. I decided to get out of manual labor jobs when a truck with 2500 cement blocks dropped them off about 200' from the basement we were building. By myself I carried all of them by hand while 2 masons laid block. I was behind the entire day...

Moral of the story is that I don't get blisters anymore:D
what are u talkin bout i get calysts over calysts and then blood blister under them whil still wearing gloves and yea i have the rethals too :rolleyes:

REC
09-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Rico

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try.

Guy400

I think you still have a weak mind, hope you did not hurt yourself beating your chest.

Later

Guy400
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by REC
Guy400

I think you still have a weak mind, hope you did not hurt yourself beating your chest.

Later Apparently your blisters come from having thin skin because I see you can't take a joke. See the smilies I put throughout my reply? Those signal humorous intent.

REC
09-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Hey Guy no thin skin here, just given back a little.

I know its all good!

True dat!:D

gump
09-29-2003, 11:28 AM
try moose underware.. you wear em under yer gloves.. helped mine and i got the oury grips too there great!!!