PDA

View Full Version : going to build a freestyle ramp!!!!!!

quader400
09-28-2003, 08:16 PM
well im going to be building a freestyle ramp this weeked out of wood. my dad is a carpenter so i know he wood will do just fine so dont tell me not to build it out of wood or what ever. but i want it to be about 8 feet wide, 8 feet tall, and 15 feet long or so. how much wood (for those of you who have built ramps out of wood before) do you think i should get. im going to build the frame out of 2x4's and then plywood on top. any help would be appriciated and ill get pics of it when im done.

EXrider03
09-28-2003, 08:22 PM
I have no experience with ramps. But, I would consider just estimating how much you think you need. Then go get your wood, and if you need more, go get some more!:blah:

quader400
09-28-2003, 08:23 PM
hahaha thanks

DVS_Freestyler
09-28-2003, 08:59 PM
all these wooden ramps make me nervous! i'd stay away from that idea if i was you. dirt is even better then a wooden ramp.

Juggalo
09-28-2003, 09:16 PM
i don't care if yoru ramp is built by jesus ( he was a carpenter too ya know) wood ramps suck and are weak. especially ones that big. derek is right dirt is much better than wood. stick to dirt or do it right. if mine and caseys quads weren't broken we'd steal our rev 3 back and let you come out and hit that

Dan_Guetter
09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i don't care if yoru ramp is built by jesus ( he was a carpenter too ya know) wood ramps suck and are weak. especially ones that big. derek is right dirt is much better than wood. stick to dirt or do it right. if mine and caseys quads weren't broken we'd steal our rev 3 back and let you come out and hit that

did i just read that wrong?? your ramp was stolen?

Glow Plug
09-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo

for sure I don't trust wooden ramps even though I've never hit a ramp lol, but what happened to your rev? :confused:

Juggalo
09-29-2003, 07:01 PM
well technically its not stolen but we don't own it anymore. its rotting away not getting used at my friends land and me and casey wanna steal it back and put it on caseys land

quader400
09-29-2003, 07:18 PM
hey if you wanna bring it to my house you could be assured it was beingwell used. lol.