PDA

View Full Version : Z-400 unimpressed

Martin Blair
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Well last time we went to little sahara i met some people with a banshee and a rancher, well they bought a z400 so all 3 of them could go riding, we met up at chadwick this weekend.

The Z had a ct sonic pipe and a k&n and i was very unimpressed wiht it. I rode it around and its got alot of power but its way to overated, I noticed its power in smooth and it revs out good. But my 400ex had more power then it all i got is a cut lrd, k&n and a igniton advance we both chagned gear mine it 14?39 for tight wodds. But that bike seemed like it was a little underpowered, my firend said it was great but when i rode it it wasnt.

I did notice that the z has a really steady exceleration and smotth power but to get over some rocks and hill you had to give it more and more until it would go, maybe some people liek it liek that. But on my 400 its perfect for me as soon as you hit the throttle its off it has **** lodas opf low end and midrange and the lrd headpipe give it good top end. He rode my bike and said it had to much power but i didnt thinm so.

I was just wodnering ifd anyone else thinks the Z is a little overated?

Flip)(stick
09-28-2003, 08:09 PM
i road both a stock ex and z, and a piped/jet/filterd z, and piped/jet/filterd ex, id still got for the z, I think the 400ex is over rated..

09-28-2003, 08:13 PM
i rode a z 400 with a ct pipe, it was fast, faster than mine by a tad

the ex has everything you could ever want on a quad cept motor, it handles great and its super comfy

the z was a lil un comfortable and felt like a tecate 4, hard to move a round on and awkward and poor quality but there fast , i like em

cool 300ex
09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
I am happy with my z i rode 400exs befor all i think about them is they have a better feel to them for driving.LIke the seat is lower and i like that.

ridesa02400EX
09-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Flip)(stick
i road both a stock ex and z, and a piped/jet/filterd z, and piped/jet/filterd ex, id still got for the z, I think the 400ex is over rated.. whaaat!? 400ex overrated? riiiiiight i think its way underrated if you ask me

09-28-2003, 08:44 PM
the 400ex is underated to and extent, they make them out to be less competitive than they are but on a tight sx track your at a major disadvantage, on a wide open track you dont lack if you have it setup decent

Dan_Guetter
09-28-2003, 09:37 PM
i like them both, so lets quit arguing which quad is better:rolleyes:

Martin Blair
09-29-2003, 03:47 PM
there both grate bikes i didnt mean toa rgue i just think its over rated and the 400 is underated, I know my bike is a exception to alot of things, I dunno why all i can guess is it was built on a friday but it flys, i can beat z,s, piped raptors, and a few shees, and lt250rs in the drags at the dunes.

MOFO
09-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
i like them both, so lets quit arguing which quad is better:rolleyes:

ditto!

If you aint buying the quad, dont worry about it being "over" or "under" rated.

09-29-2003, 07:02 PM
hey WHO EVEN GIVES A **** BOUT OTHER QUADS?!!??!?!~YOU GET THE QUAD YOU WANT AND YOU HAVE THE QUAD YOU HAVE AND CARE ABOUT YOURS! DONT TALK **** BOUT OTHER QUADS CUASE YOU DONT LIKE AND START A FLAMSE WAR im just sayin you dont like then dont buy it like then buy it

AlaskaSpeed
09-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by [X]Z4000[X]
hey WHO EVEN GIVES A **** BOUT OTHER QUADS?!!??!?!~YOU GET THE QUAD YOU WANT AND YOU HAVE THE QUAD YOU HAVE AND CARE ABOUT YOURS! DONT TALK **** BOUT OTHER QUADS CUASE YOU DONT LIKE AND START A FLAMSE WAR im just sayin you dont like then dont buy it like then buy it

Z400 sucks...now chill, bro.......;)

ridesa02400EX
09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
hey WHO EVEN GIVES A **** BOUT OTHER QUADS?!!??!?!~YOU GET THE QUAD YOU WANT AND YOU HAVE THE QUAD YOU HAVE AND CARE ABOUT YOURS! DONT TALK **** BOUT OTHER QUADS CUASE YOU DONT LIKE AND START A FLAMSE WAR im just sayin you dont like then dont buy it like then buy it nobody is even talkin chit they are just sayin that they are unimpressed with the Z so chill

09-30-2003, 06:22 PM
hey WHO EVEN GIVES A **** BOUT OTHER QUADS?!!??!?!~YOU GET THE QUAD YOU WANT AND YOU HAVE THE QUAD YOU HAVE AND CARE ABOUT YOURS! DONT TALK **** BOUT OTHER QUADS CUASE YOU DONT LIKE AND START A FLAMSE WAR im just sayin you dont like then dont buy it like then buy it you do that math here

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/battle+400ex+vs+z400.jpg

toby400ex
09-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Z400 sucks...now chill, bro.......;)
WORD:o

09-30-2003, 06:39 PM
lol nacs.. :eek2:

Out_Sider
09-30-2003, 06:54 PM
i rode a Z with a pipe...fast... i like em, but frame is a POS

Greg Z
09-30-2003, 07:30 PM
nacs does that kid still ride his Z? i use to talk to him does he still have a Z.. i never see him on any of the forums

09-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
nacs does that kid still ride his Z? i use to talk to him does he still have a Z.. i never see him on any of the forums nope..sold it and got a crf4504 dirtbike

Greg Z
09-30-2003, 08:50 PM
oh thats cool does he like the DB better then the quad?

09-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
oh thats cool does he like the DB better then the quad? yea..he sais someday he would like to put the motor in a quda frame..dunno what hes gona do....