PDA

View Full Version : Pro kill switch some help please

02-02-2002, 06:22 PM
How do you hook up a pro disighn kill switch? i know the small wire has to go to ground but where dose the long wire go too.?and how should i put it on my quad should it go on my handle bars and replace my stock engine stopper aka emegancy kill switch?

mikeboone
02-02-2002, 06:35 PM
The other wire goes to the coil. It is the black, round, thing on the left hand side near the front of quad. The coil is mounted sideways. I mounted my p.d. on the bottom of the bars near the clamp.

400exBro
02-02-2002, 07:00 PM
i just hooked it up to the stock kill switch(balck box on handle bars) look at the wiring diagram at the back of the service manual at the wiring diagram, hook ground to gorund and on off to the other one, there are better explantions.

R-Crazy
02-02-2002, 07:23 PM
this is a dumb question but why do people by kill switches it the quad alreay has one?

dave

mysticfalcon
02-02-2002, 08:03 PM
The kill switches people put on are tether kill switches they shut of the bike if you fall off. the stock kill switch only shuts of the bike if you push it to the side which most people dont remember to do before they bail :)

thorspapa
02-02-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Design kill switch installation on 400EX, any year:

1) Attach one wire to common frame ground
2) attach remaining wire to BLK/WH wire coming from factory kill switch on control pod, just splice into anywhere along it's length.

It's that simple. :D