PDA

View Full Version : 1986 lt250r no spark

02-02-2002, 06:10 PM
i just bought a 1986 lt250r quadracer yesterday and when i went out and rode it today it was fine i shut it off for a break and it wont start i got gas and compression no spark i dont know too much about this machine and need some help

Guy400
02-02-2002, 07:48 PM
Easiest thing to do would be to replace the plug and make sure the boot is fully snapped onto the plug. If you were riding it earlier and it all of a sudden quit I'd suspect something along the lines of a burnt plug or disconnected/broken wire. Snap the new plug into the plug wire and touch the electrode on something that's bare metal (top of bolt on head). Have someone kick the bike over and you watch the plug. You ought to have a pretty good spark kernel and you should be able to hear it crack. Start at the plug and work backwards.

Finally, sometimes we overlook the easiest of fixes. Is the on/off switch in the "ON" position?

02-02-2002, 08:50 PM
it does not have spark but it had good spark when i shut it off cause it started on the first kick i put a new plug in it and it didnt even fire i towed it down the road and it didnt fire does anyone know about the wireing on the quadracer

02-04-2002, 05:00 PM
When you tried to restart your quadracer you may have flooded it (very easy to do) or it loaded up on you while you were riding it (gotta listen to that engine sound). Take a look at the plug....if it is black or was wet when you took it out......you fouled the plug. Put in a new plug and try it again. If that does not do it.....then its in the CDI (ignition).. Good luck.

Jody
Wife of a 86 LT250 QuadRacer owner
My quad.......all stock 250EX.......for now : )