PDA

View Full Version : CR500 or NO LINK- which one's better?

400MXer
09-28-2003, 12:18 PM
I'm currently debating building my own CRF quad, or buying one already built. I was wondering which one of these two setups is better. advantages, disadvantages, ect.

lil400exman
09-28-2003, 02:14 PM
if you can get a aftermarket frame with a l/t cr500 style shock and swinger its sooo close to perfect for even pro racers and most c,b class riders for them it is prefect but you must maintain your setup (constant greasing torquing bolts) and stuff like that a no link setup can get you more travel but its a rougher ride and most shock builders cant build a no link rear shock the best......;)

400MXer
09-28-2003, 03:25 PM
So the CR500 link is the best but it's high maintance(sp), and the no link is less maintance but is a rougher ride and the shock builders can't build a good shock for it!

what about the CRF linkage frames?

lil400exman
09-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 400MXer
So the CR500 link is the best but it's high maintance(sp), and the no link is less maintance but is a rougher ride and the shock builders can't build a good shock for it!

what about the CRF linkage frames?
thats a ok setup but i have heard builders are still expirementing with it.........i dunno though the stock 400ex setup is pretty darn good and elka makes a good aftermarket linkage for it...........if i had a 400ex i would buy the elka linkage and a pep rear rebuild on it..........;) or heck just a new pep rear shock........

09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
i like linkage but if your ride hard i hear the no link works almost as good, you get better traction with no link, if your an A rider or fast B no link would be alright but if your just starting out im not sure