View Full Version : My friends are throwing their lives away, what to do?

Narly R
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Well I have some pretty close friends, and where i come from, most everyone here drinks and does drugs...:rolleyes: and they are about my age and are getting into drugs, and I dont know how to stop it... its not too bad right now, but can get A LOT worse, their both GREAT football players, and are depended on by a lot of coaches, and both ride. I acually have like 2 groups of friends that do this stuff...

The others are really bad, they could be good kids, but their parents wont stop it, and they know they do it, I stopped hanging around them, but my other 2 friends I still hang out with, and were great friends and stuff, but Im just afraid that there are already doing all this stuff, and their life is going to be nothing in a few years.... I dunno what to do. I have a lot of friends that dont too though. If they keep it up in time, it will catch up to them, and they will regret it the rest of their lives.:(

hondafox440
09-27-2003, 03:41 PM
I hate how kids drink and smoke. People look at me funny, like I'm lying when I tell them that I have never drank or smoked, and don't plan to. Let them know how stupid it is, and make sure they know you are being serious. Drinking/smoking is the 'cool' thing to do now, so people do it just for the posterity, which IMO is bull****.

jerry-89-250R
09-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Don't give up on them, and keep trying too convince them that you can be cool without doing drugs. I have a 17 year old that is/was on that road, about a month we buried a 23 year old cousin that overdosed "only his close "friends" knew he was doing drugs", some friends. It took a funeral too open my son's eyes "he said that could be me laying while crying his eyes out". Getting HIGH is COOL on a dirtbike-ATV-airplane ETC. With the name Narly R you have too be cool, and by posting your concerned about your friends. Most kids won't listen too us parents, but they will listen too other kids, keep talking too them and DON'T GIVE UP.

cool 300ex
09-27-2003, 06:24 PM
man i don't know what to tell you.But like all my friends drink,chew,and smoke.Some just do one of those,some do all,and some don't do any.Your 2 friends who are just starting drugs do there parents know that they are?

flyin#5
09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
i wont use drugs or smoke. i never have tried and i wont. i can get high in the air and i can kill myself anytime i feel like it already.

Glow Plug
09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
I would just keep on asking them why are you doing drug and drinking etc etc and start to make them thinking about what they are throwing away.

blondie69
09-27-2003, 06:34 PM
keep your friends away from drugs okay!! if they don't listen to u at 1st...keep on doin it. if their really your friends they'll listen to u. Some of the "easier" drugs rn't quite so bad...like weed...but its bad enough. cuz alota ppls use it like a doorway into bigger drugs...its not good. so stop them from doing it while u can:ermm:

BlazingYamahaYz
09-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
I hate how kids drink and smoke. People look at me funny, like I'm lying when I tell them that I have never drank or smoked, and don't plan to. Let them know how stupid it is, and make sure they know you are being serious. Drinking/smoking is the 'cool' thing to do now, so people do it just for the posterity, which IMO is bull****.

my thoughts exactly..........and now someones mom is mad at me because her daughter drinks, and she says her daughter never does................which i know differently, but shes mad at me....why? i dont know, i dont drink, i never told her to, i dont know whats up....

capecod400ex
09-27-2003, 08:16 PM
I look at it this way why waste all my money and not to mention my health on that when u could waste my money on my 400ex or my truck. lol just my thougth o and if my mom ever found out i was doing that stuff i dont think i would have a 400ex or a truck much longer.:eek2:

chucked
09-27-2003, 08:17 PM
in my hallway theres a picture that was taken about 15 years ago of my cousin and his two best friends. My cousin has become very successful, I think he makes over 80k a year he wont tell but he was on CNN a few years ago talking about the y2k bug. And the other two are dead from drug over doses....
It is what keeps me from even thinking about doing that stuff. Another thing is I have a friend that is a year younger then me. he is smart as all hell. straight a's and everything. He'll probably get a full scholarship somewhere. but he drinks and will probably start smoking soon. He wants to be just like this other boy who can "talk the talk" but cant "walk the walk" and he's influencing him. It really makes me upset to see him do that **** and I dont even like to talk to him anymore because hes always talking about how much he drank and when hes gonna go drinking again. (hes only 17) I dont think theres anything I can do. He isnt gonna listen to me so i stopped trying. I tell him its pathetic but he dont care. All I can do is just try not to pay attention to him and I hope I dont hear about him in the future.

wilkin250r
09-27-2003, 08:29 PM
I went through this in high school. It takes ALOT of energy and persistence to try to keep people from doing drugs. More energy than I had, and I eventually walked away from them.

Maybe I'm not the best to give advise, because my approach really didn't work. It saved me, but not my friends.

More important than ANYTHING else (and I obviously can't stress this enough) is that you DON'T GIVE IN!! Your friends will try to get you to do them. "C'mon, just one hit. It's not going to kill you..."

I know how tough peer pressure can be, I was there. Just resisting your friends can be tough enough, let alone getting them to change their ways. If you can succeed in stopping your friends, then Bravo, you are a stronger person than I am.

However, if you can't change them, you DO need to be strong enough to walk away from them.

09-27-2003, 08:43 PM
there gonan do it no matter what, dont even waste your time trying to tell them not to, and if they say they quit it means they did until they have oppurtunity to do it again, just let them do what they want its there lives and they can do what they want

trx400
09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Drinking and smoking is part of growin up we live and learn. i'm 17 i'm gonna drink, as are my friends. my parents know i do it. as long as there smart about and dont drive when their drunk or high then i wouldnt worry to much. if they start doing worse drugs then i would try to put a stop to it.

09-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by trx400
Drinking and smoking is part of growin up we live and learn. i'm 17 i'm gonna drink, as are my friends. my parents know i do it. as long as there smart about and dont drive when their drunk or high then i wouldnt worry to much. if they start doing worse drugs then i would try to put a stop to it.
ye wut he said

09-27-2003, 09:10 PM
no one does drugs to be cool cept chicks and 12-13 yr old kids

optikid123
09-27-2003, 09:13 PM
you dont have to stop being ther friends just cause they do it either i mean u can still hang with them all the time. they may be cool guys they just like drinkin and smokin it dont make them bad people.

Chanman420q
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
ill be honest, i used to smoke weed.. i grew out of it, it was fun at first, but now its like u just get tired, and dont wanna do anything. hell, i can do that for free.:o

Narly R
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys, it really means a lot to me...

I will try to get them to stop, im not going to get on my knees and beg, no. But if they start sayin like "hey man lets go out back and..... whatever" Ill just..... well maybe go, but I WONT do anything! I might just leave, being there w/someone who does it acually is just as bad as the victim. I dont want to see them throw their life's away. They have a lot going for them, but I know they prolly wont stop, so it will take a huge tragity or somethin bad to get the point across. The others Im not worried about, they're just retarted. There always liek oh ya man we got sooo wwwwaaaaaaasted we didnt even know when school started so we didnt go. I blive in havin a fun time, and do the rong stuff some times, but drugs and things at a young age will only keep me from being %100 the person i wanna be. If my parents EVEr found out that i did that OMG, i would practicle be dead. My dad would kick the livin shat outa me and sell my bike, and I would prolly be home schooled. They are VERY supportive, and i dont know what I would do with out them, I mean if it wasnt FOR them i woulkdnt race, or even ride. I own them a lot, and the last thing I would do to them is get someone killed or screw up my life.

I just REALLY want everyone to know how I feel, I sound like an 40 yr. old mom, but Im sorry.

wilkin250r
09-27-2003, 10:06 PM
I say bravo! I think you're smarter than the average teen.

To be honest, smoking weed occasionally every other weekend isn't going to kill you, IF that's all you do. But it sounds to me like you have a supportive family, and that could go away if you do drugs even once. However, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, and aren't likely to do anything stupid.

Narly R
09-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jerry-89-250R
Don't give up on them, and keep trying too convince them that you can be cool without doing drugs. I have a 17 year old that is/was on that road, about a month we buried a 23 year old cousin that overdosed "only his close "friends" knew he was doing drugs", some friends. It took a funeral too open my son's eyes "he said that could be me laying while crying his eyes out". Getting HIGH is COOL on a dirtbike-ATV-airplane ETC. With the name Narly R you have too be cool, and by posting your concerned about your friends. Most kids won't listen too us parents, but they will listen too other kids, keep talking too them and DON'T GIVE UP.

Im sorry to hear that had to happen, but atleast he and others know the concicuences.

Wilkin,(and others) thanks man! Much apprecited!:) Shure once in a while wont hurt (maybe) but then people will look at you like that, and it will be harder to get jobs and it will eventually rub off on everyday life, and make you less of a person. And weed can lead to worse higher potent drugs... :(

THANK YOU guys! I know that there is others that feel and same, and you guys help me not wanna do stupid chit.... even though I still do...:p Im not perfect.:p My r is running like CRAP and even I cant figure it out.....:blah:

Thanks guys

Mxbubs
09-27-2003, 11:46 PM
I was not a nerd in school, but I wasnt in the druggy cool crowd. Im making almost 70k a year without a college education, and they are living wasted in a shoe box.....is that cool?

Get the hell away from them.....they are old enough to make their own decisions......

When you dance with the devil he dont change, you do.

Narly R
09-27-2003, 11:52 PM
i know what ya mean Mxbubs!;) There is a fine line, but im not one for falling for stuff, I am who I am, and wont do that cause they do.

stocktires
09-28-2003, 12:08 AM
As Mr. Mackey would say: Drugs are bad ummmkayyy... :blah: :D

But for real, I drink. But drinking and driving is another thing. If I've had more than 1, I'm not driving. I cant stand it when people put other people's lives in danger. Plus, after I drink one, I feel nothing at all.
Don't really smoke (cigarettes), I've tried dippin' a few times (bad idea). I don't smoke weed, but personally, I don't really classify it as a serious drug.

I hear what your saying. I have (not very close) friends that do crystal, pop X, Oxy, sell, do pain pills and know kids who even snort coke. It's horrible, and sad too cuz I know most of em' have a bad home life or they're parents really dont care. And really, it's not cool, cuz that crap is serious and will REALLY mess your life up.

Truely though, just trying smoking or drinking is really innocent, and won't hurt ya. I dont think I know anyone who hasnt done both, much less either one.

Sorry, I really dont know why I said all this, just had to speak my mind I guess :(

ny300exrider
09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
i dont smoke, dont drink, dont do drugs, never have smoked weed and never will. sXe

quaddict53
09-28-2003, 11:23 AM
I have been in the same situation as Narly R many times....it took 4 of my friends getting caught smokin weed on a church mission trip to get just one of them to stop....the other 3 still get high weekly.

Another time this girl I've been with on and off for 2 years started smokin weed...I told her I wanted her to stop, that it worried me...fortunately she chose me over her pot head friends...then later she started drinkin...she came to me and told me she messed up and was sorry...i said that i wasnt her mom she didnt need to apologize to me, but if she kept doin this chit i didnt want to have anything to do with her....let's just say that didnt go over well, but in the end she chose me again and now we're cool.

Narly R, if you do continue to hang out with your friends thats cool, but be careful. Many times now I have been considered guilty by association....just cuz i ride, dress a certain way, and pretty much live that stereotype "extreme" lifestyle, people assume that i'm just like my friends. I've never smoked, drank, or pretty much anything of that sort. Yet because I get my adrenaline rushes from things like riding, some kids my age actually respect me and I've been able to have a good influence on some of them.

Whatever you do, don't smoke weed even once. I've seen to many instances where those first 2 times were all it took.

Ralph
09-28-2003, 03:12 PM
i drink, i dont think im throwing anything away. I do good in school. Now people say weed is harmless but i have a few friends who have been smoking for a while now and their burnt out and that got me to stop smokinmg weed...

GrInDeR400ex
09-28-2003, 03:57 PM
well i was in the drug crowd in high shcool and after school, after qatchin a few friends die it didnt bother me i kept doin it i was hooked on acid i loved it and it was not the greatest thing ive done, one morning we took some acid and went to town and messed around then later that night we dropped 3 more hits, we were wired well the next day we woke up in nashville tennessee, i decide to stop and i moved away i went up to see my friends a year later and they were all burnt out, im glad i moved i just picked up a quad to fix the addiction..lol

09-28-2003, 04:19 PM
I say let em be. I have done plenty of ****, never because i thought it was cool, it was because i chose to do it. Some kids learn the hardway. Thats the way i live. They prolly wont listen to you or anyone else. Some just live and learn. People told me to stop cuz they thought it was uncool. Everyone is different, everyone likes different things. Some like racing on sundays, some like goin to church, some like to get high as hell, and some go to football games and get plastered. To each his own. Just let them do their thing, and you do yours, and let them make their choices:)

TC17
09-28-2003, 04:34 PM
well, here's what i have to say...if you drink because you want to forget about all your problems for a couple hours, BE A MAN and face up to them. drinking just makes it worse. my cousin who was very close with me just recently died from alcoholism. he had a life ahead of him, was engaged, a lot of friends, all boom, he's gone. we went through so much ****t here it's not even funny. please, do whatever you can to stop it. after this happened, my other cousin went to rehab and got married and has a great life.

Ralph
09-28-2003, 04:40 PM
i wasnt addicted or anythig, i just chose what i wanted to do and went through with it... its prob been like 6 months

DVS_Freestyler
09-28-2003, 04:48 PM
this thread has gotten me thirsty.. beer: my anti drug :devil:

Adam202
09-28-2003, 05:13 PM
id say join them and enjoy.........
:devil:

speedy400
09-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well I have some pretty close friends, and where i come from, most everyone here drinks and does drugs...:rolleyes: and they are about my age and are getting into drugs, and I dont know how to stop it... its not too bad right now, but can get A LOT worse, their both GREAT football players, and are depended on by a lot of coaches, and both ride. I acually have like 2 groups of friends that do this stuff...

The others are really bad, they could be good kids, but their parents wont stop it, and they know they do it, I stopped hanging around them, but my other 2 friends I still hang out with, and were great friends and stuff, but Im just afraid that there are already doing all this stuff, and their life is going to be nothing in a few years.... I dunno what to do. I have a lot of friends that dont too though. If they keep it up in time, it will catch up to them, and they will regret it the rest of their lives.:(
same here man, I only have 3-4 friends left that dont drink or do drugs:mad: ,whatever...it's there life.I just hate to see it happen like that-darren

Atreyu
09-28-2003, 06:23 PM
I stopped smoking weed because it takes away any motivation you have in life. I can still drink tho because its cheap, fun, and gives you some funny ***** memories to leave your high school/college with. I am not a total f*ck up like some kids I know. I just dont overdo it. One of my freinds last night had alcohol poisoning and I had to sit in the bathroom with him and take care of him until he passed out, he dehydrated so I was dunping water on his head all night. Pretty gross. Just be smart.

Narly R
09-28-2003, 07:30 PM
I see nothing rong with drinking if your of age, and dont abbuse it, Im 14, its a lot worse to do it at this age then at 19/20:ermm: But drugs are DRUGS sure weed isnt as bad, but as any drugg addict that has throw his life away and is in prison or somthin and he'll say the first drug he ever did was weed. now Im not going to just let my friends do this, some that I know and do it Im not really friends with, I dont hang out with them, so i dont really care, they are the kinda kids where there hole family sits down at dinner and gets high...:rolleyes: but not my other two friends, now they have supportive parents and stuff. They get drunk now and then, and smoke weed quit often (as I know of) I dont really ever ask, but I have never been there WHEN they did it, but I know when they are high. I DONT want to see somthing bad happen, my parents are a little conserned.... I dunno how to get them off the stuff..... any help is GREATLY appretiated. I dont want them to think im some loser and stuff but I have plenty of friends that wont tuch the stuff also. How can I go about this w/out pissen them off and helpin them, Im NOT going to talk to their parents, to me that seems like im too much of a puss to talk to them....

Thanks guys for all the comments, and I wish the bestes luck with everyone tryin to stop these things, liek i said drinking and stuff thast ooookkkkk but not at my age, expecially like myfriends and kids i know who do it to be cool....

Hope this thread has helped more people then me.:)

joeroadking
09-28-2003, 07:35 PM
well in life you find friends will come and go and it sounds like you are coming to a cross road do what you think is best for you, I am no angel I have drank, and smoked a few but the novelty wore off and as I got older I realized it is better to sink my money into something I enjoy(currently building a new R) and it is alot better to look at than a hangover in the morning! I now get high off riding my 250r as I suspect a lot of us do, I am one of the lucky ones,I coulde bore you with storys of friends hooked on herion, oc,some never came back ,but you will not change them . you sound like a smarter than average teen and I think you deserve credit for that just let them go on there way! new friends who are more compatable with your likes and intrests will come along unfoutanatly it is a fact of life, and you should tell thouse guys you are not interested and if they want to continue being your friend they should smaten up ,if not move on if they call you a nerd whtever just feel bad for them because they are too ignorant to know the difference

Narly R
09-28-2003, 07:37 PM
My impression of people that smoke weed, and stuff, have nothing better to do with their lives, but at a young age, why? You can do or be anything, and if you do that crap you have no future. My dad drinks, he was gettin kinda bad, untill him and my mom almost got divorced over it, and he didnt drink for like almost a year, NONE! i was amazed, and it helped us out a lot. Made my mom happy and saved some money, now he drinks, just about like every other guy out their, doesnt go and get drunk all the time, but has a good time.I think he did that kinda stuff when he was young, he didnt have a too supportive of a dad, and he let them kinda just do whatever, but he knows what its like, and that keeps me from doind in anymore, he'd kill me. Really if I work hard for money its going tords sumthin that dont last for an hour. My bike is my mane focus. And w/ my parents helpin me race and school, and sports..... I wouldnt even think about it. I know I could get my friends to think about it, but they will get with some people and start messin around and start right back up... sorry for rambling on guys.

Adam202
09-28-2003, 07:42 PM
this is something you go through at your age. everything changes when you start highschool.

Narly R
09-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by joeroadking
well in life you find friends will come and go and it sounds like you are coming to a cross road do what you think is best for you, I am no angel I have drank, and smoked a few but the novelty wore off and as I got older I realized it is better to sink my money into something I enjoy(currently building a new R) and it is alot better to look at than a hangover in the morning! I now get high off riding my 250r as I suspect a lot of us do, I am one of the lucky ones,I coulde bore you with storys of friends hooked on herion, oc,some never came back ,but you will not change them . you sound like a smarter than average teen and I think you deserve credit for that just let them go on there way! new friends who are more compatable with your likes and intrests will come along unfoutanatly it is a fact of life, and you should tell thouse guys you are not interested and if they want to continue being your friend they should smaten up ,if not move on if they call you a nerd whtever just feel bad for them because they are too ignorant to know the difference

I have 3 things in my life, Friends, Family and my 250r!:D Im not the kinda person that says well do this and Ill be your friend, and dont and I wont. I cant do that, even if they dont stop I will still hang out with them, cause really it dont hurt me, but them and they dont see that, I can change them, there too good of friends to just let go of...

If you really like to ride you will give up just about anything to do that, they just need to get their minds on other things, i wouldnt have time to get high. Im REALLY buisy, they live in town ya all know how that goes, more kids, more parties...... like me I live in the middle of no where. I sound like sum ol' country kid taht never did no harm, but I have (hopefully) a life ahead of me. I do stupid stuff like ride on teh freeway and drive and stuff like that but it dont hurt anyone and I dont do it to be cool, but when it comes to drugs.... no. Last year in the 8th grade i prolly woulda did sumthin like this, i dunno why or what, but I didnt, and know i KNOW that I WONT. Just if I could get my friends to do this......

Man sorry for typin too much and borin the poo outa u guys!:blah:

dpizz450
09-28-2003, 07:54 PM
i kno wat yall mean.....they had a senior over here in highschool that two of my cousins were really close friends with and he died from an overdose.... :( he had a good life goin ahead of him and he was a great guy about to graduate.....i went to the same shcool as him....he had a lot of friends.......im jus sayin yea i drink and smoke pot on the weekend when i go out wit my friends...ppl say that weed leads on to bigger things like oxi cotton....crack...coke...XTC..etc.....i would never do any of that and hopefully none of yall will.....and im in the process of tryin to quit smokin the green as much.....just every once in a while....

stocktires
09-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
and im in the process of tryin to quit smokin the green as much.....just every once in a while....

a true Team Green rider there! lol

Where in Louisiana do ya live? What kinda ridin ya do?

09-28-2003, 09:00 PM
beer is no better than weed drunks are just less motivated as stoners

who cares dumb people will kill themselves off, its good cuz i dont wanan deal with them anyway

stocktires
09-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
beer is no better than weed drunks are just less motivated as stoners

who cares dumb people will kill themselves off, its good cuz i dont wanan deal with them anyway

Wow! Now aren't you just better than everyone else!
Now go work on your grammar Mr. Perfect!

dpizz450
09-28-2003, 09:46 PM
lol calm down guys....haha.....anyways i live in baton rouge....i do trail ridin and light muddin and i go to LA dunes in alexandria every so often.....u ever been there? .....what part u live n what kinda ridin u do?

JUSTINcredible
09-28-2003, 09:52 PM
i know a few ppl who smoke weed, im even guilty of trying it out... but growing up with these kids i have seen some go from pot once in a great while to 2x a week then to stay stoned as long as possible and never coming down from a high. Then they got bored with that and it went to shrooms and now i know that they are all messed up on pretty much whatever you name it, needless to say they are pretty much in their own world and can stay away from me...

then there is the occasinal pot smoker, who smokes it on a friday night with a few buddys while sitting at home and watchiing a movie, and most likeley withing a month or 2 it wont be fun any more and thats where it ends.

now i more of the lets go get some beer and go have fun at a party kinda person.

but the advice i could give to you is do what you think is right, maybe this is just somthing they are going through right now and hopefully they will realize they are taking it a little to far and need to slow down, but maybe its not.

now with all that typing i did i hope there was some good advice in there

Diedrich
09-28-2003, 10:12 PM
yeah i smoked weed before too..probably would be still doing it but my g/f convinced me it was stupid..just keep on tellin em man..show them that u really care and they'll quit..now i never have liked to drank but i dip and chew everyday so i cant say anything about smoking..thats just a choice..now weed aint the worst thing either..just make sure to keep them off the hard stuff cause that will kill them

SGA
09-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by joeroadking
Well in life you find friends will come and go and it sounds like you are coming to a cross road do what you think is best for you, I am no angel I have drank, and smoked a few but the novelty wore off and as I got older I realized it is better to sink my money into something I enjoy(currently building a new R) and it is alot better to look at than a hangover in the morning! I now get high off riding my 250r as I suspect a lot of us do, I am one of the lucky ones, I could bore you with storys of friends hooked on herion, oc, some never came back ,but you will not change them . You sound like a smarter than average teen and I think you deserve credit for that just let them go on there way! New friends who are more compatable with your likes and interests will come along unfortuanatly it is a fact of life, and you should tell thouse guys you are not interested and if they want to continue being your friend they should smarten up, if not move on if they call you a nerd whatever just feel bad for them because they are too ignorant to know the difference
Pretty much what I was going to say, almost word for word! This is a good thread.

Martin Blair
09-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Narly R

All my friends do the same in gradeschool and junior high we were all cool and noone did **** but now as frshman and sophmores they have no life but smoke and drink, they waste away all day were still friends but i dont do anythign with them bevause they dont do **** but smoke and i dont, so i just fin other people that ride and do things after school or on the weekends with them, becvause we actually have lifes.

Narly R
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys, I hope this made some of you guys turn ur lifes around a little, I have been thinkin about puttin this up for a while, but I didnt want to sound retarted, and I am soo ever glad I did, it has been bothering me for a while. You guys are a great help to me!:) I just dont know really how about going about this, (telling them to stop) I will start out saying I wont do that stuff and say why i wont and maybe that will open their minds a little. I have like 4 friends that Im worried about... one had his mom and dad just divorced, well 2, the other 2 hang out with them, and its hard times, and older kids are there, and they try to be cool, and it all happens. But I dont want to see them get into worse things... :(

Once agin, THANK YOU guys for the suggestions (more are welcome). I feel better know, but will feel better if they stop....

bradley300
09-29-2003, 10:41 PM
everyone i know that drinks/smokes knows i dont like it and usually wont do it around me. when they do, i leave.

when they say there gonna get wasted ask them why. when the reply with something dumb like "cuz its cool" or cuz its fun" ask why again, tell them you want a real adult answer. they wont give you one.

ask them this stuff when its just you and 1 of these friends, you will get a more honest response like "this sh*ts stupid, i really need to stop, its hurting me worse than i thought. waking up to horrible headaches and nosebleeds, bieng constatly broke and prepetually hungover isnt what i planned on."

i tell my friends i can get just as high by doing 80 miles an hour in the woods, so i dont need it.

i dont see them much, but they know where i stand

i told my best friend mike i loved him and would help him anyway he needed. slowly, he is getting better

knighttime
09-30-2003, 12:57 AM
Dont be so concerned about others, do your own thing and dont become some boring know it all. :macho

SGA
09-30-2003, 06:46 AM
Freeride132 and Stocktires, you two take your love spat behind closed doors or theres gonna be a arse kicking, and it will be my foot doing the kicking.
I really dont care who started what, just get it off EXriders.

Add on: Freeride, your smartarse replys in threads have you on thin ice with the mods. Clean it up, or hit the road.

09-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Freeride132 and Stocktires, you two take your love spat behind closed doors or theres gonna be a arse kicking, and it will be my foot doing the kicking.

Add on: Freeride, your smartarse replys in threads have you on thin ice with the mods. Clean it up, or hit the road.

alright

09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
if they start doing coke or something maybe then you should be a lil worried, just relax and be cool about it

4TraxRider
09-30-2003, 01:39 PM
A few of my closest freinds starting smoking a few months ago, and I'm really scared for them. The worst part is one of them is my girlfreind. I truly love her, and it kills me to hear she did/is doing it again. I've tried to stop, and I hope it's onyl a passing phase, and that it passes before something bad happens. Everybody up here smokes, theres like 5 of us that don't and that's it. I wish some people would open their eyes a little bit more. Having fun and doing stupid stuff is OK, but not every weekend, or every other weekend even. Just my .02, sorry if I sound like a grandma, but thats what everybody calls me.

09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
if my gf did that id beat her:mad:

stocktires
09-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by SGA

Understood

Narly R
09-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Ya if my gf did any drugs, well she wouldnt be my gf, and I wouldnt hang out with someone like that....:confused2 Just try to get her to stop man, even though its a "stage" we all go threw, doesnt mean we have to do it, because we can get killed off of it, and if someone close to me got killed cause of that kinda stuff, I would be very depressed, and hope it opened everyone else's eyes. Its surprising how many people do drugs... but hopefully everyone here doesnt, drugs and bikes DONT mix!:mad:

Thanks guys!:)

KASCHAK
09-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by GrInDeR400ex
well i was in the drug crowd in high shcool and after school, after qatchin a few friends die it didnt bother me i kept doin it i was hooked on acid i loved it and it was not the greatest thing ive done, one morning we took some acid and went to town and messed around then later that night we dropped 3 more hits, we were wired well the next day we woke up in nashville tennessee, i decide to stop and i moved away i went up to see my friends a year later and they were all burnt out, im glad i moved i just picked up a quad to fix the addiction..lol

lol thats kind of the story that jim morrision led. he was on acid and woke up in the desert with 2 men he didnt know. sorry had to say it. but in all seriousness drugs are bad. i dont see anyting wrong with drinking as long as its in a controable matter like playing a drinking game and only each player get 3 beers and you have to stay in the house no keys no nothing. but if your driving you dumb. right now im inbetween i love to listen to the music that all the burnouts listen to and i also like punk music. all my hippie friends tell me that punk is gay and all my punk friends tell me that hippie music is gay. my cousin is a hippie. i know every cool band all the songs everthing. but i dont do drugs. so my cousin trys to peer pressure me into it but i jsut say to him no thats alright and he knows that its gay. he smokes weed thats it. he knows that acid coke and all the other chit is bad and he wont ever do them. im just going to stay the way i am now untill highschiool is over. then its prep. lol im going to itt and then gettin paid alot an hour instead of getting 8 an hour.

just my two cents drinking is ok if it controled and weed isn't good nor bad. its ok to experiment.

KASCHAK
09-30-2003, 07:51 PM
this also reminds me of a kid that i grew up with. he was a cool kid was alwyas in style kinda quiete. played video games allllot. then 4th grade his dad was in a car accident and died. ever since then hes been doing drugs. hes been in 3 comas already went to rehab like 50 times had state cops looking for him. came to school drunk stoned you name it. died two times. had his heart stop because of coke and he choked on his own vomit. he used to be one of the smarter kids. but since drugs came. hes lower then most people. hes a simpleton now. hard to understand simple stuff. laughs at everthing you say. you can walk up to him and say. you may now kiss the bride. and he will laugh. its really sad how people can get and what drugs can do to a person

Plante400
09-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Aint nothin wrong with havin a couple beeas' long as u arnt drivin or doin sumthin stupid, i would focuz on getting them off drugs specially if they are doing stuff like coke and needles and all that great stuff.. yuck

Narly R
09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
this also reminds me of a kid that i grew up with. he was a cool kid was alwyas in style kinda quiete. played video games allllot. then 4th grade his dad was in a car accident and died. ever since then hes been doing drugs. hes been in 3 comas already went to rehab like 50 times had state cops looking for him. came to school drunk stoned you name it. died two times. had his heart stop because of coke and he choked on his own vomit. he used to be one of the smarter kids. but since drugs came. hes lower then most people. hes a simpleton now. hard to understand simple stuff. laughs at everthing you say. you can walk up to him and say. you may now kiss the bride. and he will laugh. its really sad how people can get and what drugs can do to a person

This is bad, REAL bad, i feel vvery sorry for kids like that, some kids just cant take stuff like that. i know a family and there was like 4/5 boys from the ages 18-12 and there mom dies in a car accident, they took it hard, but are GREAT kids, and cool. it would be hard to keep going on with life. magin if you were in his position, STAY off drugs people, will be better in the long run, even if they arnt too aoughly bad!:(

Thanks for the comments guys, much apprecited!

09-30-2003, 09:47 PM
well if someone walked up to me and said you may now kiss the bride id start laughing too

Narly R
09-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
well if someone walked up to me and said you may now kiss the bride id start laughing too

LMAO! Ya, maybe he isnt high, and all of you are, makes sence!:p But ya, id prolly laugh too! :blah:

Got Huevos?
09-30-2003, 10:49 PM
i smoke weed everynow and then haven't for a while you cant overdose on weed well you can but its impossible given you have to smoke 41 times the amount it takes to get stoned so by the time you get 1/3 the way there you fall asleep.anyone who says they had someone who overdosed on marijuana its lying sure THC might have been present in there system but most of the time there is also alchohol and other drugs in there system.the oinly time i've seen someone die from smoking weed was getting high then driving or playin with a gun and having an accident.

Jay300ex
10-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Narly R,

One of life's big lessons is growing up and dealing with your friends. Your friends when you think about it are a huge factor in how YOUR personallity will be thought of.

Joe mentioned it above, friends come and go. There is nothing you can do to stop that unless you are richy rich.

My story though.
I am almost 19 years old. That is still young, but I am a very busy individual. I have low and high 90's in school. I am enrolled in AMI for when I graduate in June, and I work at a Honda dealership back with the mechanics. I also have my own little repair buisness in my garage ( illegal so shhhhh ;) ) and a girlfriend that I indend to marry.
Looking behind the facts. I live in a modest home. My parents own their own buisness. Does that sound good? Does to me.. My rents were potheads when they were my age. My older brother did it, screwed his life up, is out now. My older sister did it, had a kid at 16, screwed her life up, she is okay now. Worst of all, I do it.

But back to the subject, friends. I took a weird path with friends. I have one peer friend. I grew up with him, he lives 20 ft from my door. Because of the problem you are so worried about, I choose to not make friends, I let people know that. I have been stabbed in the back to many times by teens. I consider myself very goal oriented and mature, and them NOT! Life is harsh sometimes, you learn your lessons, but don't learn other people's lessons with them.

Sorry for the chatter, something I can talk about for hours. At the very least, your R will not do drugs, and it will always get you high ;)

Jay

hondafox440
10-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
Narly R,

One of life's big lessons is growing up and dealing with your friends. Your friends when you think about it are a huge factor in how YOUR personallity will be thought of.

Joe mentioned it above, friends come and go. There is nothing you can do to stop that unless you are richy rich.

My story though.
I am almost 19 years old. That is still young, but I am a very busy individual. I have low and high 90's in school. I am enrolled in AMI for when I graduate in June, and I work at a Honda dealership back with the mechanics. I also have my own little repair buisness in my garage ( illegal so shhhhh ;) ) and a girlfriend that I indend to marry.
Looking behind the facts. I live in a modest home. My parents own their own buisness. Does that sound good? Does to me.. My rents were potheads when they were my age. My older brother did it, screwed his life up, is out now. My older sister did it, had a kid at 16, screwed her life up, she is okay now. Worst of all, I do it.

But back to the subject, friends. I took a weird path with friends. I have one peer friend. I grew up with him, he lives 20 ft from my door. Because of the problem you are so worried about, I choose to not make friends, I let people know that. I have been stabbed in the back to many times by teens. I consider myself very goal oriented and mature, and them NOT! Life is harsh sometimes, you learn your lessons, but don't learn other people's lessons with them.

Sorry for the chatter, something I can talk about for hours. At the very least, your R will not do drugs, and it will always get you high ;)

Jay

I'm not sure if I followed that.. Basically you smoke and only have one friend? Or you let people know that you smoke when you meet them?

The way I look at it, there is no reason to smoke or drink (underage). What can be SO bad in life at age 16 that you have to do that stuff? Some people need a good smack in the face and need to realize that that is life and they can't change it. They need to suck it up and deal with it, because there are a ton of other people in the same situation. What you get out of life comes from what you put into it.

Ralph
10-01-2003, 04:16 PM
just lace their weed with some strong laxitives or some viagra...

Narly R
10-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Lol, ya. I know what jay means, but i cant say I agree. I know TONS of kids that do this stuff, and really I dont care, but some of my friends that do it, and I do care. I feel like I can make a little differance...:ermm:

Thank you guys!

Jay300ex
10-02-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if I followed that.. Basically you smoke and only have one friend? Or you let people know that you smoke when you meet them?

Hehe I have to work on my articulating skills a bit that wasn't what I was sayin. Friends have stabbed me in the back before, so I concluded that there are few real friends therefore I do not wish to have any and be hurt. Smoking is just a 'thing' right now if you want to call it that, but I see it causing me stress in the very near future so I am going to stop. I had never done it to mask anything or to try and become cool, it's just for enjoyment just like Rico and the many other EXRiders that luuuv to drink beer =P.

I hope I didn't spark to much controversal thoughts with my post with some people, jus how it is =)

Jay

DEAL
10-03-2003, 12:24 PM
I don't understand how the kids are throwing their lives away just because they smoke a little pot of drink a few beer on occaision , its part of being a teenager , I say go out and enjoy yourself while you can before your really tied down with having a family , a full time job etc...

deathman53
10-03-2003, 06:15 PM
this is a true story, my brother was a super smart person. he started smoking cigerettes at 13, pot at 14, by the age of 18 he did almost every drug, by 19 a herion addict, 20 started shoting heroin. he has stole money from just about everybody who he is close to, took stuff from the house and sold it In the process he totalled two cars(one was near new) the money from the insurance of the new car was wasted on drugs, and dumb stuff, got arrested several times. He was sent to 6 different rehabs. He managed to get kicked out of a halfway house in delray florida(also where the last rehab was), lived on the streets for two weeks(got mugged a few times). now he is living in Rhode Island with a girl he met in the rehab adn the saga keeps going. He is a totally changed person from all the drugs, all he cares about it him, has no feelings left, turned atleast 20 people into dope addicts. Now he is 22 totally broke, can't live at home anymore(we have no trust in him). He used to have a huge collectionof toys from the 70's and 80's, everything that is decent is gone. went from a clean, warm to a dump of a apartment. has no drivers licence, no car, ALL FOR A DRUG. He has managed to ruin every family event(birthdays, holiday, etc) in the past three years, he even made a funeral worse, by attempting to commit suicide the day off it(OD). almost everyone of his friends is in jail or homeless. may advise is to have your friends read this and YES THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THEM, if this doesn't convince them to stop their ways, abandon them, they will only bring you down in the end. This a true story from a brother. hate to be so bleak, but its the raw truth.

hondarules
10-04-2003, 01:01 PM
yea man i know how all that is i had a step dad that was an alcholic...but b4 he got on all that stuff he was the best 4wheeler rider i have ever seen u could point him at a hill an he would go up it no problem an was bad *** on the track he was gettin like 2-3 letters a week with ppl tryin to get him to race for him but then he got on coke real bad an everything went down hill for him there.

him an my mom split up he lost everything he ever had cause of it...i think its juss stupid but i cant really prech about it cause ive drank an smoked b4

deathman53
10-04-2003, 04:55 PM
this is a true story, my brother was a super smart person. he started smoking cigerettes at 13, pot at 14, by the age of 18 he did almost every drug, by 19 a herion addict, 20 started shoting heroin. he has stole money from just about everybody who he is close to, took stuff from the house and sold it In the process he totalled two cars(one was near new) the money from the insurance of the new car was wasted on drugs, and dumb stuff, got arrested several times. He was sent to 6 different rehabs. He managed to get kicked out of a halfway house in delray florida(also where the last rehab was), lived on the streets for two weeks(got mugged a few times). now he is living in Rhode Island with a girl he met in the rehab adn the saga keeps going. He is a totally changed person from all the drugs, all he cares about it him, has no feelings left, turned atleast 20 people into dope addicts. Now he is 22 totally broke, can't live at home anymore(we have no trust in him). He used to have a huge collectionof toys from the 70's and 80's, everything that is decent is gone. went from a clean, warm to a dump of a apartment. has no drivers licence, no car, ALL FOR A DRUG. He has managed to ruin every family event(birthdays, holiday, etc) in the past three years, he even made a funeral worse, by attempting to commit suicide the day off it(OD). almost everyone of his friends is in jail or homeless. may advise is to have your friends read this and YES THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THEM, if this doesn't convince them to stop their ways, abandon them, they will only bring you down in the end. This a true story from a brother. hate to be so bleak, but its the raw truth.

deathman53
10-04-2003, 05:09 PM
sorry about the double post

bandit390
10-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Just because you think that them doing drugs means "throwing there life away" doesnt mean they are.

phatswinn
10-05-2003, 08:44 AM
i smoke cigs, im 17, and there are alot of younge kids around me that look up to me, i ride with them and i teach them how to ride fast and at the same time smart, i make it real clear to them i made a really stupid mistake by even trying cigarrettes when i was 13, because i started and now it feels almost impossible to stop, needless to say ill make them quit in the early stages if they start, and if they drink or start pot ill kill them, pot isnt that bad at first but being high is a good feeling, but in the long run it does make you slower and since ya like it thats where all your money goes, i dont see a problem in drinking really, unless u do it more than once a week

hondafox440
10-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
I don't understand how the kids are throwing their lives away just because they smoke a little pot of drink a few beer on occaision , its part of being a teenager , I say go out and enjoy yourself while you can before your really tied down with having a family , a full time job etc...

Thats the thing. It ISN'T just part of being a teenager. It's a choice that you make. No one is forcing you to smoke or drink. There is no rule out there saying "Every teenager must smoke or drink". Attitudes like yours annoy me, because thats the reason a lot of kids smoke/drink, because they think they have to.

Now someone let me know if I am being naive, but I still don't see why any teenager would do that stuff. All it means is you can't handle reality and you need to escape from it. People need to stop being such pussies and face up to what life dealt them.

Nobody does that stuff "just for kicks". It's not like you're sitting at home and go, "Hmm.. Nothing to do. I think I'll go get hammered". They do it to be cool (brag to thier friends about it the next day) or because they can't handle life.

And I hate how people say that "It's harmless". Bull****. It may not harm you directly, but think of the consequences. A drug dealer makes 50$ selling weed. Do you think he's just going to be satisfied at a job well done and stop selling? No, he's going to get more and more crap and continue selling. The law of supply and demand. If something sells well, bring more in and sell more. That means more and more tax dollars wasted to send the military to remote places to waste some jungle bunny drug cartels, and more DEA and Customs officials all around the border. Plus, THC is proven to kill brain cells (I did a paper on this for school). Not to mention the consequences if you decide to get behind the wheel. I'm sure as hell that if I EVER get hit by a drunk or high driver and I'm in any condition to fight I'll beat the **** out of them.

Ralph
10-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Thats the thing. It ISN'T just part of being a teenager. It's a choice that you make. No one is forcing you to smoke or drink. There is no rule out there saying "Every teenager must smoke or drink". Attitudes like yours annoy me, because thats the reason a lot of kids smoke/drink, because they think they have to.

Now someone let me know if I am being naive, but I still don't see why any teenager would do that stuff. All it means is you can't handle reality and you need to escape from it. People need to stop being such pussies and face up to what life dealt them.

Nobody does that stuff "just for kicks". It's not like you're sitting at home and go, "Hmm.. Nothing to do. I think I'll go get hammered". They do it to be cool (brag to thier friends about it the next day) or because they can't handle life.

And I hate how people say that "It's harmless". Bull****. It may not harm you directly, but think of the consequences. A drug dealer makes 50$ selling weed. Do you think he's just going to be satisfied at a job well done and stop selling? No, he's going to get more and more crap and continue selling. The law of supply and demand. If something sells well, bring more in and sell more. That means more and more tax dollars wasted to send the military to remote places to waste some jungle bunny drug cartels, and more DEA and Customs officials all around the border. Plus, THC is proven to kill brain cells (I did a paper on this for school). Not to mention the consequences if you decide to get behind the wheel. I'm sure as hell that if I EVER get hit by a drunk or high driver and I'm in any condition to fight I'll beat the **** out of them.

wow, i dunno where u live but when we get drunk we have fun cause we joke around with eachother, and everybody gets chill and doesnt care what people think of them so everybody like comes out and just has fun.

Narly R
10-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread up all the time, but Ive been gone.

I think that doind drugs at a young age is throwing ur life away, sorry if I belive differnt from others, but look at what deathman53 said. and there are MILLIONS of cases like that. i have friends that are preddy bad (well i know them) and they dont have 1/2 the life that well like I do. Im very lucky for what i have and the priviliges i have. why start wasting money, and eventually get into worse drugs? I mean my friends maybe havend already lost any oppertunidies cause of it, but it HASNT helped them, and will contuniue to work aginst them in life. No drinking and a little weed like once a month isnt probably going to effect you. But its would be hard to just do that, get drunk and and then get high and their are other drugs at the party, and chances are you will do it. Shure, i party and have a good time, byt dont drink or smoke or anything. Smoking is dumb, i mean you dont even get high (not saying thats cool) and it will KILL you in the long run, Most smokers could save like 2-5 thousand a year. Just in sigarrets.

But I can tell a differance in kids that do drugs and dont, jjust by seeing them or talking to them. Some kids have no home life, some think its cool, but ones that are matture enough to say no, and stick with that, I have respect for. Drinking isnt as bad, unless you get drunk and do something REAL stupid. Many drunks kill people on the dunes here. Its not good, shure we still drink, but no we WONt get drunk and ride.

I COMPLETLY agree with you handafox!:) Thanks for the comments guys!

Bretmd94
10-08-2003, 11:32 AM
First off, weed is barely a drug. Might not be for long, it doenst have any long term damages and you cant overdose on weed. You can drink yourself to death, but not smoke yourself to death, its not possible.

Just because they drink a lot and smoke doesnt mean anything. I drink all the time and smoke occationally. Im a succesful college student that holds 2 jobs. One of which i make 30$ an hour. Weed is barely a gateway drug too. I have never wanted to do any dangerous drugs. Only thing dangerous about weed is it makes you lazy and fat from eating to much.

If you have never tried them than dont bash on them. The best times in my life have been when i was drinking or smoking. Its what HS and college students do. It can be taken to far and some people go on to worse stuff, but the majoraty doesnt.

If they are getting alcohol poisoning every weekend, then worry. Thats how they will end up dead. If they are doing any drugs becides weed then worry. But as long as they dont pressure you then dont throw a fit. There is such a thing as responcible drinking and smoking.

In all, its not the end of the word if they party a lot. If they start slacking becuase of it though then make fun of them for being a pothead and a slacker. Thats aobut the only thing that might change their ways. If they drive while they are messed up then get on their case hard.

wilkin250r
10-08-2003, 12:01 PM
There are lots of poeple who smoked weed in high school and college, yet have gone on to become successful adults. There are also many people who smoked weed and have gone on to worse drugs, and have completely wasted their lives away.

There aren't too many people that have NEVER smoked weed, and have gone on to worse drugs and completely wasted their lives.

Now it's true that smoking a joint every other weekend probably won't do much harm (unless you're caught and go to jail) but it's a RISK. Shooting up with heroin twice a year probably won't cause any major problems either, but is anybody going to say that that's OK?

DEAL
10-08-2003, 01:15 PM
You only get a fine if your caught with it up here.....

atl855
10-08-2003, 01:32 PM
WELL I USE TO DRINK AND SMOKE A LIT. LIKE 24 PLUS BEERS A NIGHT AND A PACK ADAY, I SUDDENLY QUIT ONE DAY, AND HAVE NOT WANTED TO DO IT ANY MORE, I MET A WONDERFUL GIRL WHO I AM MARRYING IN THE FALL NO MATTER WHAT, SHE SAID TO ME THE FIRST TIME WE TALKED THAT SHE DID NOT LIKE IT AND NEVER SAID TO QUIT, BUT I DID QUIT ON MY OWN I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING HER HER OWN QUAD WITH THE MONEY I HAVE SAVED FOR ANOTHER PROJECT AND I AM OUT OF THAT SEIN TOTALLY, NOW ALL I WANT TO DO IS BE WITH HER HER AND RIDE I HAVE BEEN WITH HER EVERY DAY FOUR HOURS AND HOURS ON THE PHONE WHEN WE ARE NOT TOGETHER, HUT I TOTALLY CHANGED MY LIFE WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT ANF I AM HAPPIER THAN HELL NOW, HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP YOUR BUDDYS IINE COULD NOT HELP ME NOW I HAVE CHANGED MORE THAN HALF MY FRIENDS TO STOP THEY ARE ALL RACING NEXT SEASON WITH ME ALL BECAUSE AF AREALLY GRET GIRL THAT I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH.

Narly R
10-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks alt855, Im glad you decited to quit, I mean takin it easy and havin a few beers now and then isnt bad at all, and weed everynow and then isnt GOOD but it proly wont hurt you unless you get cought, like one of my friends. He had it at school and got cought I dont know if he got arrested, but all the teachers and coaches knew, and they dont think much of kids that do that. they arnt that bad and I prolly wont do much if they just smoke and drink every now and then, but if they get worse and stuff I will defently tryto stop it, they ride with me and stuff, so they arnt the kida kids that sit at home all day. I JUST dont want to see it get worse...