PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Rebuild HELP!!

EXtreme
09-27-2003, 02:06 PM
my friend just found out he's going to have to rebuild his whole engine. His question is this. Whats the best sh*t to put in and on the engine. So far all he's got is the new Alien Exhaust.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-27-2003, 06:43 PM
is he just needing the topend?
are you asking for engine performance parts internally or more on the line of just replacement engine parts (bearings,seals, crank)?

EXtreme
09-27-2003, 08:09 PM
He whats to build it up . The whole engine the best performance stuff! WANTS TO MAKE IT FAST!!!!! :eek2:

speedy400
09-27-2003, 08:15 PM
trinity 500 kit, hinson clutch, trinity pipes. everything trinity:) -darren

EXtreme
09-27-2003, 10:51 PM
where do I get info on this trinity 500 kit
I went to the web site and you have to have a password to get any info

Colby@C&DRacing
09-28-2003, 11:18 AM
I would same your money and built it your self. I like the 370 long rod kit for the banshee. Run a cool head with 18cc domes and have it ported. This will scream and not cost you the hole bank:)

EXtreme
09-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I would same your money and built it your self. I like the 370 long rod kit for the banshee. Run a cool head with 18cc domes and have it ported. This will scream and not cost you the hole bank:)

About how much for all the stuff you need to do this? APROX.?

ledofthezep
09-29-2003, 11:55 AM
I would same your money and built it your self. I like the 370 long rod kit for the banshee. Run a cool head with 18cc domes and have it ported. This will scream and not cost you the hole bank

10-4 on that....I'd also recommend a better air filter, highly suggest the Toomey 2:1, I've ran the K&N clampons & prefer the 2:1 over them anyday....less maintinance & just as good performance. Also some new reeds, perhaps V-force if he's got the $.

I'd say 500-700...

AndrewRRR
10-07-2003, 06:21 PM
K&N filter, prodesign intake (no airbox), 35-40mm lectron carbs, ported V-force reed cages, T-rex cylinder, full race port, twister 10mm billet crank, CPI big bore outlaw pipes, 2-5 override tranny, PVL ignition, pingel petcock.
That should get you started.
Oh... were you on a budget? lol

86350x
10-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Unless you want a full drag banshee, I'd stick to porting from a reputable company/engine builder. A proflow with a k/n air filter, new wiseco,or prox,or vitos power pistons. A long rod hotrods crank shaft (they are rebuildable) A hinson clutch basket, have your flywheel shaved down and relocated for different timing. Put on a good set of chain and sprokets. Consider flat slide or lectron carbs, or at least get rid of the tors on your stockers. Get your stock head milled, or get a good aftermarket head. Get a new impellar shaft (pro design ect) for your water pump since the engine is gonna be torn apart anyways, it will help with the cooling.

Get some ac pro pegs, and save up for some aftermarket front shocks.

If you did this, you'd have about 60hp (with agressive porting) And it's to the point were its almost un trail rideable. You don't need anything more unless you want a full on dune drag quad. Expect to spend 1500 bucks or more if your gonna go whole hog with it.

If you have any other questions just ask.

EXtreme
10-08-2003, 08:48 PM
OK he's started so far he's spent 6 grand:eek2:
I'll get a list of what all it includes I know he hasen't got any suspension or extended anything. all I know for sure is hinson clutch basket and fullbore plastic. and a T-rex kit, cool head, it suposed to be 393cc when it's done. Oh and he got full alien exhaust. I'll get the full list asap. This is all I know for sure

86350x
10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure the aliens are going to work with that kit. He might have to get some cpi's or custom pipes for the kit to show it's full potential.

EXtreme
10-08-2003, 08:58 PM
this is the kit he got
http://www.motojoe.com/atv/dasa/engine/bigbore.htm

EXtreme
10-08-2003, 09:01 PM
whats wrong with the exhaust

AndrewRRR
10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Yup, thats the kit my buddy has. They are right around 400cc with a stock stroke. He'll want to get it ported (they aren't that impressive with the stock porting (casting)). Alien exhaust will probably be like a plugged corn-hole for that motor, he ought to go with CPI's and sell the Alien.
80-90hp is no problem on gas with that motor with the right porting.
The T-rex kit is $2000, so what did he spend the other $4K on?
He's definately going to want an extended swingarm.