PDA

View Full Version : Cant Decide...

Striker49
02-02-2002, 01:33 PM
I just put it in the forum b/c it would fit in any of 3 but anyways heres what im debating over. I kinda want Nerfs b/c sticks and stuff like to come up and try to tear my foot off.....on the other hand id like some better tires b/c my stockers are the Dunlop Knobbys which suck. I was looking at getting Maxxis All-Trax and a K&N Filter w/ outerwear. I was wondering what would be the best thing to get b/c I might do a little creek riding in the summer at a place near here and didnt know if the K&N would matter if it got a little wet or not, thats my concern there. Also on the tires....my stock tires are 22x10x9 and the All-Trax are 22x11x9s. Would this matter b/c I would like to keep my stock rims if possible since Honda's stockers are pretty strong.
Any recommendations? :cool:

400exRacerX
02-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Well if it were me I would get the nerfs if my tires weren't real bad. Heres a question for you, Do your tires really suck that much? Or do you just think they suck because they are stock and everyone else have maxxis or itp tires? When I ride trails I still use my stock tires I think they work fine. I would go with the nerfs and wait until the tires wore out to get new ones. I meen after all when you bought the quad you paid for those tires so why throw them in the garage and let them sit when they still have decent tread left?

Striker49
02-02-2002, 07:26 PM
My tires are still ok, but I was lookin for somin with a bit more traction for muddy conditions that im in sometimes and if I get nerfs I wouldnt have enough money for a K&N Filter and outerwear if thats what you guys think i should get. Need some more opinions and if any of ya recommend getting somin other mod then say so, im open for opinions b/c my quad is still mod-less. Thx in advance. :cool:

TRX_Thumper
02-02-2002, 08:01 PM
A jet kit is a waist of money. Its much cheaper to go out and just buy the jets. What will you need the jet kit for ? It isnt necessary unless you buy a muffler or filter ?

JOEX
02-02-2002, 08:35 PM
You wont be able to ride if your hurt bad. Would you rather look at the new tires sitting in the garage or ride with the so-so tires?

Joe

yellowrider
02-02-2002, 08:46 PM
if i were you i would get the all traks they are great tire they will take some power away ...
get a bigger jet 5-10dollars then get a kn or uni i would get the uni but i have the kn and last night when i was going to clean it it look like a pain to clean so i said the helllll with it i just wait till it gets worse than that cause it seems like to me it will be jsut a lot of work for dirt here and there and it was also hard to get out of my airbox it almost seem like they forced it to fit when they put it on it's horrible!!

you might want to try some sur traks i like them on my friend recon they are awesome.

you also might want to invest in some works dual rates that would make your quad handle ten times better!!
or maybe get a high comprassion piston and a cam

Striker49
02-02-2002, 10:05 PM
K, ill probably go with the nerfs then. At the moment I couldnt afford anything real big. I would really love a good shock on the rear too b/c the travel is what.....5.9 inches. Anyways I dont want to like deck it out with mods b/c its only a 250. If it was a 400 it would be different but I dont wanna put a buncha money into it b/c ill probably end up with somin bigger in a couple years. Thx for the opinions though.

Striker49
02-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Heres the options. Good, bad, or whatever just post your opinions. Ive got a few and so far its leanin towards Nerfs...

Nerfs
Maxxis All or Sur-Trax and K&N Air Filter w/ Outerwear (I meant to say filter instead of jet kit, i was think of somin else at the time I guess, sorry for the confusion)
Maybe an aftermarket rear shock?