PDA

View Full Version : What's going to change?450R

jdt
09-27-2003, 12:05 PM
So, do you guys think that honda will change any of the specs before production? The CRF250 that was shown last year at Chicago has a few different specs then the production model.(nothing major) I also hear that testing the 450R hasn't been totally completed. Just a thought. What do you think?

300EX_HMF
09-27-2003, 12:33 PM
i think that a picture of there 650cc quad and just saying that it is a 450(though that it looks like it doesnt mean it is) i think honda will have something esle for us!!

jb500ex
09-27-2003, 01:23 PM
the advantage that honda has is the yammi is already out. so they know if anything isnt up to par with the yammi. hopefully honda doesnt drop the ball with this bike. i know i have been waiting for this since i heard about the crf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1999 trx 400 ex
had a fst 440 with 13.1
now has a fst 500 kit
port and flow, heavy duty valves and springs, hardened rockers
web cam,k-n filter with outerware, protaper bars, lonestar steering stem, +4 axle,bearing carrier, laegers + 4 a-arms, tcs zps shocks, lrd exhaust, ac racing front bumper and glide plate, graydon nerf bars, hiper rims and hole shot tires, steel braide brake lines, omf scoops,

jaspurx
09-27-2003, 01:29 PM
I had hoped it would be aluminum chassis! and a better motor than crf450r!!

09-27-2003, 05:38 PM
the motor is different then the crf. More then likely it will be even more reliable with the skirted piston, 3rd piston ring and the double bearings on the countershaft....

dirtriderex
09-27-2003, 06:10 PM
man i'm crossing my fingers Honda does the right thing. With the power up kit for $300 it's the same price just about as the yfz, and the yfz has a E-start.

Sporttrax400ex
09-27-2003, 11:28 PM
i wish they would change the gay *** front plastic and headlights on that thing. they should make it stock with a hood or something. cause them headlights just dont look right. but im still getting one.

TCracin440ex
09-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Sporttrax400ex
i wish they would change the gay *** front plastic and headlights on that thing. they should make it stock with a hood or something. cause them headlights just dont look right. but im still getting one.

believe me sportrax....quad tech will design a hood for it to make it look 100x better.....i think puttin them head lights there was kinda dumb...but many racers will remove them and put a aftermarket hood or plastics on the bike ne ways...n thats what i plan to do....quadtech better make a hood for it....

WyoDuner
09-29-2003, 04:19 PM
It's too late to change specs before production. It's almost October - that means january is only 3 months away.

Now the 2005 model may have some changes if deficiencies are noted.