PDA

View Full Version : Rust?

Kadafiy
02-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi, I was wondering if it is normal for 400ex's to get some surface rust on the frame and other parts. It's not bad but I was just wondering because I'm gonna buy a 2000 with this problem. Also, is there any way to get this off. Thanks

mysticfalcon
02-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Mine had a few little rust spots after about a month so i sanded it off and gave it a quick cote of grey paint now i paint it once a week. the paint i got is tremclad grey, it isnt a perfect match but i find it lasts a lot better than the honda paint and its cheeper too. but the paint on the botom of the frame is always wearing off so it dosent really matter as long as you keep an eye on it

Kadafiy
02-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks I have some rubbing compound I might ry on it. I saw that you hae the Trail Tech Computer on your bike how does that work and was it easy to install?

mysticfalcon
02-02-2002, 06:03 PM
I love the trail tech. It took about 15 min to put on once i got directions. I had to go to the website cause they forgot the directions in my box. you take of a front rim and pull off the brake caliper then just screw it to the caliper mount and replace 1 of the rotor bolts with their magnetic one. Its great the only thing i dont like is that the indiglo dosent stay on but you can check your avg. spd and max spd when u stop.

crouse267
02-02-2002, 06:33 PM
where did u get your trail tech i have a few buddies wanting them

mysticfalcon
02-02-2002, 06:36 PM
I got it from Rocky Mountain. They were really apologetic about the missing instructions and i have some on the way.