PDA

View Full Version : fcr

CC Rider
09-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Ya , I have been wondering some of the same things too! I have wanted to get a fcr 39 , but cant handle the initial hesitation that they are known for and that i have experienced first hand because my freind has one and it does it too! If all this could be explained I might be more eager to pick up one of those "race carb only" thingies!!:D

JD400exrider
09-26-2003, 11:16 PM
It will hesitate when just cracking the throttle standing still. I don't notice it when riding after adjusting the fuel screw. The billet fuel screw from C&D seemed to be the answer.

Good Luck

pnut420
09-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by CC Rider
Ya , I have been wondering some of the same things too! I have wanted to get a fcr 39 , but cant handle the initial hesitation that they are known for and that i have experienced first hand because my freind has one and it does it too! If all this could be explained I might be more eager to pick up one of those "race carb only" thingies!!:D

:rolleyes:

pnut420
09-27-2003, 12:02 AM
:D Im just playing CC. Me, Jr and my bro went to the track today, and both of the FCR's were tending to bog in the low, but dont trip, I think we need to adjust the arm that pushes on the accelerator pump, it is giving it to much gas to fast and making it run rich also, I messed with the fuel screw and it seemed to help, my brothers quad was stopping on a Z-400 and it felt like it has a 416 with a cam, the FCR was sweet ad the shortened Sparks seemed to work pretty good.

I had to ride the blaster while Im waiting for the 426 to come, I took out some dirtbikes and was catching some pretty good air at the track. :o

H_W
09-27-2003, 09:50 AM
I got mine from C & D Racing and went ahead and got the fuel mixture screw with it. It was easy to adjust, and it does not hesitate much, if at all. If it does, I never notice it and I do alot of drag racing. I love my FCR.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-27-2003, 10:25 AM
I also love the fcr carb. The fcr fuel screw is a great upgrade for tuning that carb, in most cases it will fix all of the bog. I am working on a few new parts for the FCR carb one is a new bottom plate for the accelerator pump that stops bogging and gives more bottom end power. Also the other one that I am going to try is a product called the Power Now. it is a new rear carb adapter that has a air foil in it that is said to provide better velocity for faster responce and more power. Can I have a show of hands that would like more power:macho :D

Giz400ex
09-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Can I have a show of hands that would like more power:macho :D :D :D

pnut420
09-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I also love the fcr carb. The fcr fuel screw is a great upgrade for tuning that carb, in most cases it will fix all of the bog. I am working on a few new parts for the FCR carb one is a new bottom plate for the accelerator pump that stops bogging and gives more bottom end power. Also the other one that I am going to try is a product called the Power Now. it is a new rear carb adapter that has a air foil in it that is said to provide better velocity for faster responce and more power. Can I have a show of hands that would like more power:macho :D

I got a FCR recently from C&D and it had the adustable fuel screw, my buddy bought his 2 months ago and it didnt have it, so I think hes going to upgrade for sure. The only reason for the low end bog is because it is flooding by running to rich, if the fuel screw doesnt do it, then try the clip position and if that still doesnt do it, you need to adust the accelerator pump arm. I still dont see where it is a big deal though, just go to a 14 tooth front, or pick a lower gear to be in, ran my brothers stock 400 with sparks exhaust amd the FCR and I had very little low end bog and that is with no port and polishing, bore kit, etc... so if any motor was prone to bogging it would have been this one.

lilpoppy
09-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CC Rider

WTF are you talking about? The hesitation has never been a problem for me and I don't see where you are getting this. It took me about 5 minuits to learn how to get around it and it has never given me a problem again. I could probably mess around with the jetting a little bit but to tell you the truth I could really care less about the initial hesitation. It is nothing a couple quick revs before you take off wont' fix. Besides it is the only difference between my quad and yours and you can't seem to beat me.:blah:

Giz400ex
09-28-2003, 04:41 PM
:huh :huh

pnut420
09-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
WTF are you talking about? The hesitation has never been a problem for me and I don't see where you are getting this. It took me about 5 minuits to learn how to get around it and it has never given me a problem again. I could probably mess around with the jetting a little bit but to tell you the truth I could really care less about the initial hesitation. It is nothing a couple quick revs before you take off wont' fix. Besides it is the only difference between my quad and yours and you can't seem to beat me.:blah:

:p This is great. CC Rider couldnt even beat me on the blaster at the track we just went to, thats why he didnt go. It doesnt matter FCR, sparks exhaust, +2 a-arms, socks,etc... CC will still be behind us man.

But if we are going to do any more track riding, save your $ from the carb and get front shocks ASAP. MY brothers 400 with the sparks exhaust and FCR had way more power than I needed for the track, so I would go suspension, I bottomed out quite a bit.