PDA

View Full Version : Silencer

Wingman
09-26-2003, 07:14 PM
What is a good silencer for a 400ex. i want something that gives a good balance for all around performance torque and power. i heard the WB e-series is a good one but is there any others that are like that. i have rode a 400ex that has an e-series and i liked it quite a bit. give me some opinions of facts. a read out of different pipes would be cool too.

Everyone's imput will be Greatly appreciated

thanx
wingman

09-26-2003, 08:53 PM
ya the e-series and FMF pipes are probably the best slip on pipes you can buy...WB or FMF won't do u wrong...and by the way...welcome to the site :D

Wingman
09-26-2003, 09:02 PM
i don't really like the looks of the fmf pipe. i got a dyno read out on the HMF pipe they look sweet and the torque and power are there too. i'll wait for more replies before i make a decision.

JOEX
09-26-2003, 09:25 PM
What is more important, looks or performance?

Joe

Wingman
09-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Both looks and performance are important to me. but performance is just a little more important.

JOEX
09-26-2003, 09:39 PM
It's your descision for sure;) It just kinda annoys me when people put alot of emphasis on looks when shopping for performance parts. I'm not flaming you, just stating my opinion:)

I have the WB E-Series and i'm happy with it. I bought my quad used with the pipe already on. I don't have anything to compare it to but reading all the reports from others, it sems like a very good choice.

Joe

09-26-2003, 09:41 PM
e-series is best slip on there is...ill tell u that right now...best full pipe would be a war between sparks, hetrick, and lrd...and my friend has LRD and when we both only had a pipe, jets, airfilter, ect...i smoked him BAD...ive never seen hetrick before but i run sparks and love it

4TraxRider
09-26-2003, 09:42 PM
My friends got an E-series, but I don't like it that much. It just seems like it desn't give it the bark that my T-4 does, but i don't know how many discs hes running off the top of my head. I've got an FMF Megamax, and I love it for the winter months or when I have a break in the race season for some trail riding.

Wingman
09-26-2003, 09:48 PM
i have nothing against any brand of pipe. a full system for a 400ex is just over kill unless you intend on doing engine modifications. my one friend has a FMF full system and e says it doesn't perform like it should it has power when you don't need it and no power when you need it. so i don' know. i like the e-series but i just want something different but close to the same output.

i have a friend with and e-series and one with a t-4 and one with a yoshi full system. they are all on 400 exs except the yoshi which is on a kaw.