PDA

View Full Version : Some Pc questions, and anodizing...please read

400exbiggun
09-26-2003, 06:33 PM
if i remove the red anodizing from my rims, what will tey look like under? will it look like polished?
Can you pc a metal gas tank? How do you clean it so it dose not explode or etc.? And lastly how do you guys pc like hubs, and other stuff like that with the bolts sticking out?

danney f
09-26-2003, 09:10 PM
As far as what the wheels will look like under the anodize, I couldn't tell you. Pappy may know or you could ask that here, http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=7

For the gas tank, I wash the inside with a water and "DAWN" about 3 times, than I fill it with the mixture and let it set for about an hour, just to make sure everything is removed out of it. Let it dry than begain your prep.

They make tape, plugs and bolt caps that can withstand Hi-temps, a must for powder coating.

CHAUNCY
09-26-2003, 10:08 PM
To my understanding in order to anodize a part you must have it "etched" If you used acid to strip the anodize it would look like a dull polish. For hubs I use either hi temp tape or caps to put over the bolts like danney f said:)

400exbiggun
09-27-2003, 06:42 AM
thanks for the replies, i forgot to add one thing, the a-arm. The rubber on the joints can withstand the heat with the grease in it?

danney f
09-27-2003, 07:25 AM
The rubber on the joints can withstand the heat with the grease in it?

That all has to be removed in order to coat the arm. How ever, if the arms do not have removable joints, it is not suggested to coat them. There are plastic cups under the joints that can come fragile from the heating process, causing premature failure in the joints during use.

400exbiggun
09-27-2003, 08:31 AM
yeah, dont these joints have grease in them? my blaster did i know

danney f
09-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Yes