PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Strainer Screen on 300EX?

not2hi
02-02-2002, 09:00 AM
Where in the heck is the fuel strainer screen on the 300Ex? Our 98 is running bad in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears under throttle. Used to just be 4th, now it appears its getting worse. Air cleaner is clean, so now i need to check the fuel train. My guess is dirt in the fuel lines somewhere. The Honda service manual says "Refer to the Common Service Manual" which i don't have.

Any other things to check are greatly appreciated.

...1998 300ex, K&N, Cam, piston, FMF, Mukini...

R-Crazy
02-02-2002, 09:56 AM
its on your bottom side of your carb. I wish I had a pic, but that would be hard w/o taking ou the carb. it is a 10 or 12mm bolt under it screwed into a circular think. unscrew the bolt and an o-ring, the bolt-thing, and a white screen. Very fine screen. clean it with a "high-flash point solvent" as said in the owners manual. hope this helps.

dave

300exazzkikr
02-02-2002, 03:50 PM
There is a fine screen on the gas tank. It's right under the tank. it's a little silver piece with a nut on it. If you take it apart you'll find a screen in there. I found some dirt in there on mine. You will have to take the tank off and drain the gas. I did it to mine. You should probably clean the tank out too while you have it off. It's actually an easy job. Hope it helps.