PDA

View Full Version : someone please help me again imgerancy

tumbler440Ex
02-02-2002, 08:17 AM
hey i guess it wasnt the cam chain at all i dunno y i thought it would be cause it wouldnt start and only back fire liek a couple times more threw the air box but what would be wrong i got a new 440 in it and i cant get it to start sinc ei put the motor in
what would be wrong can someone help me out?
i put a jug of oil in it 2 liters i think and it still aint full does it have ot be right full hbefor it will start with a new motor?
i dont know what else it would be
it has compression fire lots of fire and prety sure gas or would it be my jets cloged cause befor i put the 440 alot of friggin dabree from my piston went everywhere i cleaned my needle jet thats its tho would that cause it
someone please help me asap i need it for tonight thanxs please help dien for the bike to run :confused:

JabberJaw
02-02-2002, 08:22 AM
After reading all that, I'd love to see you ride!

02-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Sounds like your timing is 180* off. You should recheck your timing marks again and recheck your valve clearance. It doesn;t sound like a fuel problem. Hope this helps.. If not give us more info about who built it..ect..

Leo
02-02-2002, 12:46 PM
start with the basics...

1) spark
2) compression
3) fuel

if you've got all 3 it should run...

Leo

Blackguywithouta400
02-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Ok here we go 400ex Motor 101, check the cam timing first the cam lobs should be down on TDC TOP DEAD CENTER the cam gear has two slashes on it they should line up with the top of the head u should be able to se them both the slant towards the front of the motor, if this is correct your timing is good, you should have a service manual in front of you because with out it you could have never known the torque specks for the studs that hold the jug on or the head bolts this manual should tell you everything your need to know. My engine turned over 1 time and started so its not rocket science.

400exRacerX
02-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Wow, you must have a big oil tank 2 liters is a ton of oil.

JOEX
02-02-2002, 09:10 PM
One liter=.908qt (notice the decimal):cool:

Two liters= 1.816qts