PDA

View Full Version : Weak spark, help !!

CranMan
02-02-2002, 05:44 AM
Ok I know there's a non-honda forum, but I need some feedback and I don't know how many people look at that forum.....so...I've got a 89 Blaster with a very weak spark. Anyone who knows alot about basic ignition systems, can you please suggest where I should start here? Thanks.

wyndzer
02-02-2002, 07:25 AM
Same thing happenend with my friends 250r, his stator was going bad. To get a little extra life out of it, just close up the gap on the plug a little. I may be able to get you a used stator. Let me know.

02-02-2002, 08:25 AM
Just go to your local yamaha shop and buy a new coil. they are only 25.00. (cheap)!!! I had the same problem and a new coil fixed it. It's just something about the old coils that do it. Just in case that don't do the trick, take off the stator housing cover and inspect the flywheel. If you ride in watter a lot you might just have water in there and the water is causing the coils to rust up a little, Take it apart and clean it real good.

Hope this helps..

02-02-2002, 04:53 PM
r u sher it isnt fouled?, nd how ca u tell, do u hav someone else kick it over to check, or r u jus guessin cause it wont start?

CranMan
02-02-2002, 08:59 PM
I can tell the sparks weak by having someone else kick it over while I look. It's so weak I can barely see any spark at all. It will start, but it's a real pain most of the time. Thanks for the advice so far everyone..

CranMan
02-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I can tell the sparks weak by having someone else kick it over while I look. It's so weak I can barely see any spark at all. It will start, but it's a real pain most of the time. Thanks for the advice so far everyone.. :rolleyes: