PDA

View Full Version : 440 Base gasket Oring question

xcntry
09-25-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm in the middle of putting in my new 440 cylinder and my manuel says there is an oring that goes around the cylinder on the bottom where it hangs below the main portion. But I didnt get this oring with my gasket kit. Do I need to put this on there or is this somthing only for the stock cylinder? Any help would be appreciated I'd like to get this thing going tonight. Thanks!!

chad502ex
09-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by xcntry
I'm in the middle of putting in my new 440 cylinder and my manuel says there is an oring that goes around the cylinder on the bottom where it hangs below the main portion. But I didnt get this oring with my gasket kit. Do I need to put this on there or is this somthing only for the stock cylinder? Any help would be appreciated I'd like to get this thing going tonight. Thanks!!

xc, naa that oring is for stock cylinder and is only to help increase the seal. For that matter, you can not install a base gasket at all and bump up your compression a bit if you want to,..... If you dont install the base, be sure to install a thin layer of silicon just to provide a paper thin-like seal. the base isn't needed cause there is minimal oil pressure below the piston.

Hope this helps.

Chad502EX.com

xcntry
09-25-2003, 08:16 PM
That helps alot thanks for the info. Now I'm heading back out to finish up. Thanks again!!:D