PDA

View Full Version : air filter

sim
09-25-2003, 04:16 PM
to all the guys that ride trail and and race xc. i have a K&N air filter with precharger and i was wondering if its ok for me to ride ride without my airbox cover because of the mud and water? i dont really ride in mud or water much but i was worried about the odd mud puddle or water puddle i and up having to go through?

JOEX
09-25-2003, 08:25 PM
If it is just the occasional puddle I wouldn't worry about it. Just check the box after you go through a deep one.
Make sure the carb is jetted properly.

Joe

sim
09-26-2003, 05:00 PM
thanx joex
ya im jetted good man thanx for the info tho
but i would like to know if you your self have this airfilter and run it without your air box cover and if so do you just fly through the puddle or do you actualy just slow down and go through it nice and easy?

trailburner
09-26-2003, 06:51 PM
I have K&N filter with pre charger "no lid" & the precharger works great as far as mud puddeles the water doesn't get to the filter the precharger works allmost like a rain coat.......but try to slow down alittle before you hit the mud puddeles.....:rolleyes:

sim
09-26-2003, 07:11 PM
thanx joex and trailburner
sounds like i have nothing to worry about :cool:

thanx guys

JOEX
09-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by sim
thanx joex
ya im jetted good man thanx for the info tho
but i would like to know if you your self have this airfilter and run it without your air box cover and if so do you just fly through the puddle or do you actualy just slow down and go through it nice and easy?
I have the K&N w/ outerwares but I usually run with the lid on and try to avoid the mud and puddles.:p

After the last dune trip with the lid on I found about 2-3 tablespoons of sand in the box. After seeing that i'm thinking one of the EHS style lids may be a better way to go. The air will be 'pre-filtered' before entering the air box and then there is the pre-filter on the filter itself.

Joe

sim
09-28-2003, 08:20 AM
joe where can i get more info about this lid your talking about?

JOEX
09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
http://www.ehsracing.com/ makes them. Similar ones come up on Ebay too. And I think C&D Racing sell a version.

Joe

sim
09-29-2003, 03:49 PM
thanx joe i just checked that site out you gave me and i was wunderring if its actualy a good idea to buy it because it looks preaty much like a ruber bag and theres not much air that goes through ruber man . so dont you think that it be the same as just putting back the cover on ?

JOEX
09-29-2003, 07:25 PM
I belive they are made out of the same material that Outerwears Prefilters are made out of. A very fine mesh material that allows air flow but restricts water flow. It's on my wish list.

Joe

sim
09-29-2003, 10:53 PM
ahahah nice man i think thats what all do too. put it on my wish list because its preaty much like winter down here allready so i dont have much more riding to do so i guess im going to clean it all up and save up for some sweet parts for next year:blah:

but ya man if that cover is maid out of that materiel your telling me im going to get it for sure:cool:

Anyway thanx for all your info man it really help me out!

oh and if you dont mind man when and if you get that cover please right back to me and late me now if you like it or not k

my email adress is mireault1@hotmail.com

if you dont mind that is hahah PEACE OUT!!!