PDA

View Full Version : works fronts

mysticfalcon
02-01-2002, 11:42 PM
Ive got about 325 more than i had expected coming to me on my tax return so i was thinking about getting some new shocks. Im probly going to get some works triple rate fronts. Iremember someone saying to get 20 pounds more than you weigh or something like that. I weigh 185 and i ride mostly trails with a little jumping but ive only bottomed my stock shocks on the trails never of a jump (ive had 10 concusions jumping bmx so ive pretty much given up on jumping big) What weight should i get my shocks set up for. Thanks in advance
Rob

brink400
02-02-2002, 03:47 PM
If I were you I would have them set up for about 200 pounds. When you have your helmet on and boots (if you wear them) that will add some to the weight so I would go with the 200 pound setup. I just ordered some works triple rates today and I had them set them up for a 150 pound rider and I only weight 125-130.

02-02-2002, 08:50 PM
When you order shocks they usually take into consideration tfor your gear (boots, helmet, ect.) Give them your exact weight. This away if you happen to losse or gain a little weight it won't bother the suspension as bad. The main thing is whether you have it set up for novince or pro. This is where they set your valving at. The weight is mainly for the springs.

Hope this helps.