PDA

View Full Version : A-arms before shocks?

Greg Z
09-24-2003, 06:36 PM
hey well i might be getting burgard a-arms +3's for the EX wondering if i should get teh Arms first then shocks? They have a september deal over at Z400central for a really good price and i want them... whats best ? Save up for TCS tripple ratez w/zps or a-arms?

quader400
09-24-2003, 06:45 PM
when ever i buy something that relies on another thing i allways buy the most expensive thing first so that i just get it over with. and then dont have to save up a ton of money but do the arms if its a really good deal.

lil400exman
09-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by quader400
when ever i buy something that relies on another thing i allways buy the most expensive thing first so that i just get it over with. and then dont have to save up a ton of money but do the arms if its a really good deal.
well the problem is u cant run the longer a-arms w/o shocks valved for them if you run the stockers it will be so plush any jump over a 1ft will bottom those things out u need to buy both or buy the a-arms and wait until u have shocks to put em on..or get the shocks then get the a-arms and revalve your shocks for the new a-arms......:ermm:

JOEX
09-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Just because you buy the arms doesn't mean you need to put them on;) If you think it is a good deal, get the arms.

I bought Burgard +1 a few months ago when they had the same deal at Z400cental. They are still collecting dust on the floor until I get shocks.:(

Joe

Greg Z
09-24-2003, 09:31 PM
i think ill put them on
but ill stiffen up the front shocks to the maxium

how bad will that be?

lil400exman
09-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
i think ill put them on
but ill stiffen up the front shocks to the maxium

how bad will that be?
lol with z shocks still not enough!:( :eek:

JOEX
09-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Using +3 a-arms with stock shocks will cause them to be softer. So I have been told. I could probably get away with using my +1 a-arms on stock shocks but going +3 is a very dramatic change. I don't think you will be happy with the performance.

Joe

Narly R
09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
lol, put the arms om and see if you like it.... it will be the softest ride EVER!:D

Greg Z
09-24-2003, 10:25 PM
well i want to put them on for the Etown ride october11th! not sure if i should put them on for that even considering i probably will botom out ill see how it works out

YZEATER
09-25-2003, 06:52 AM
you will definitly be bottoming out.

hollywood43
09-25-2003, 07:30 AM
I made that same mistake. Trust me -- if you buy the a-arms just sit on them for a while. I know that it's tough to do but don't install them until you have the shocks to go with it. Chances are that your stockers won't have the travel required by the a-arms anyway. It's best to do it all at once and have it right.