PDA

View Full Version : Vin#

JLanphear
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
I've got a question....It's not really of any relevance, but it was just something I was thinking about and figured somebody here would know the answer.

A friend of mine got his quad stolen a while back....the Police recovered it. The crooks ground off the VIN# on it though....does he have to get a whole new frame with a title to replace his, or are there places that can re-stamp the VIN#????

He has a court date set near the end of this month to get reimbursed for all of the damages to his quad.....rotten theives.

Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum :D

lil400exman
09-24-2003, 01:26 PM
good question! check with your local government office-title office to check state ownership laws for legally owning it but after he got it stripped i dunno does he still have the title? if so that may help him but i dont know 100%:(

JLanphear
09-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
good question! check with your local government office-title office to check state ownership laws for legally owning it but after he got it stripped i dunno does he still have the title? if so that may help him but i dont know 100%:(

I am not sure if he has a "title" but he must have whatever the dealer gave him when he bought it. I'm actually suprised that the cops gave the quad back to him so quick since it had no VIN left on it. It was stolen along with his friends KFX and they recovered them both at the same time, so I guess that was enough of a coincidence for them to say it was his.

Ha, I hope the crooks have to pay for a whole new frame :p .

lil400exman
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I am not sure if he has a "title" but he must have whatever the dealer gave him when he bought it. I'm actually suprised that the cops gave the quad back to him so quick since it had no VIN left on it. It was stolen along with his friends KFX and they recovered them both at the same time, so I guess that was enough of a coincidence for them to say it was his.

Ha, I hope the crooks have to pay for a whole new frame :p .
lol charge them dirty muthas for a 13,000 dollar roll design frame:devil:

Rip_Tear
09-24-2003, 02:12 PM
You can get your own "thing" to do the VIN numbers, my mom has one, but I cant remember what its called. But I would ask the DMV or something about that.