PDA

View Full Version : dial a jet

TheX1992
09-24-2003, 10:08 AM
i just picked up a 400ex carb with dial a jet for my 250x. i dont exactly know how it works though. i got a good deal on it so i couldnt turn it down. can someone explain how this works?

brokeitin3
09-24-2003, 10:52 AM
no comment, but i think they should call them dial-a-junk, especially if you ride in the mud

UglyMotha™
09-24-2003, 10:58 AM
ya rip it off and just use the khien jets bout the only thing the dail a jet is good for is picking dingle berries:confused2

Crf150f
09-24-2003, 11:00 AM
sorry to burst ur bubble. but they suck! dont put it on. like brokeitin said they will clog up right away if u ride in mud . they will also clog up sooner or later with dust and what not.

TheX1992
09-24-2003, 11:17 AM
are they really that bad? from what i was told it was a main jet that you didnt have to change...you just open and close it so you dont have to keep putting different size jets in....well that kinda sucks i guess.

another question....im from wisconsin.....the cold winter state. i noticed the choke is removed. what was the jet size people talk about to make it easier to start in cold weather? i think it was a 42 pilot or something. any reccommendations as to what size jets to start out with? mods are in my sig. i appreciate the help

Diedrich
09-24-2003, 09:21 PM
yeah 42 pilot

wheeltrax
09-25-2003, 05:32 AM
yea i hear ya, i wouldnt want to start my x in the winter here with out a choke or a bigger jet. you would kick for a long time. Maybe we will actually get some snow this year? the past few years its just been cold weather and little snow.

not2hi
09-25-2003, 06:47 AM
i'll swear by the dial-a-jet on our 300ex...it was the only way to get it to run decent thru the entire throttle range, and stay that way during various changing weather conditions here (hot-cold, humid-dry, blah blah blah)...if you are using the snorkle kit (which is REQUIRED for quads) there is no way you could ever get mud in the thing...just my 2 cents worth

TheX1992
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
yea i hear ya, i wouldnt want to start my x in the winter here with out a choke or a bigger jet. you would kick for a long time. Maybe we will actually get some snow this year? the past few years its just been cold weather and little snow.

they say its spose to be pretty harsh this year....but they said that last year too....lol.....but its already gettin pretty damn cold. i hope its a good winter so i can get some ice racing in and do the radar runs on the lake. i went out to PA last xmas....they have some of the same problems as us some years. it wasnt until the last few days before xmas that they got decent snow unless you went up in the mountains.

TheX1992
09-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by not2hi
i'll swear by the dial-a-jet on our 300ex...it was the only way to get it to run decent thru the entire throttle range, and stay that way during various changing weather conditions here (hot-cold, humid-dry, blah blah blah)...if you are using the snorkle kit (which is REQUIRED for quads) there is no way you could ever get mud in the thing...just my 2 cents worth

sorry but i didnt get my origional question answered...what is it and what does it do? everyone has been telling me how good or bad it is..but i really dont even know WHAT it is. could ya explain it for me?

sickmojave
09-25-2003, 02:07 PM
this thread has the info you need. thanks to QuadJunkies
even the maker gives info.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46434&perpage=15&highlight=dialajet&pagenumber=1

TheX1992
09-25-2003, 07:32 PM
thanks guy