PDA

View Full Version : ATV Ordinance passed

HondaChris
09-24-2003, 08:18 AM
I've read a few posts on here regarding ATV operation on streets/roads and figured I would pass this along to everyone.
Earlier this spring, the Village of Waldron, Michigan, (where I live), passed an ordinance allowing ATV's in the street. Me being on the village Council helped a little too!! Now, this doesnt mean that the County or State Police couldnt still stop you and do their thing, but it does set the standard for our own Police Officer not to stop you for just cruising around/across town, as long as you adhere to a few rules, which I feel are just fine. This ordinance was actually suggested by our Police Officer.
I realize that its probably a little easier to do this in a small village such as here, only 600 people, but I'm sure that there are a lot of other towns just like it where others on here live as well. If thats the case, check with your local governing bodies and see if you cant get something going. To see the actual ordinance you can go to www.waldronmi.us or www.waldronmi.com and go to the ordinance links on either page.

lil400exman
09-24-2003, 08:27 AM
thats awesome man thats why i love michigan;) :D

EXriderKID00
10-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Wish Chillicothe, Illnois was that cool. I mean almost everyone around here has a 4-wheeler. It would be really cool and I could actually get from point a to point b just to go ridin or a little cruisin. How could I start?

michigander
10-11-2003, 03:07 AM
Any decent places to ride at around waldron.I live in kalamazoo just woundering.Nearest place i ride thats any good is up by luther.
thanks

HondaChris
10-12-2003, 07:08 PM
exriderkid...sent a pm on what you wanted...

as far as any places to ride---nothing great. I'm clear down in southern MI, right at the MI/OH/IN border, and we all know there is nothing state wise as far as trails go down here. We do have a little bit of trails where we ride, and my grandpa's neighbors let us ride on a little bit of their property, but thats about it for trails. We have two tracks on private property that we ride also, but like I said, its nothing great...just enough to have fun on.