PDA

View Full Version : up 50 or higher

250ex03
09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
i really hate my 250ex so i wanna sell it and i wanna get the 300ex but i was thinkin thats only 50 ccs higher so i dont no if i should go up 50 or go to the warrior and im only 11 years old

4wheelboy
09-23-2003, 05:01 PM
hm i think my quad wants u to buy it:D

310Rduner
09-23-2003, 05:09 PM
There is a HUGE difference from the 250ex to the 300ex, and not just in that it is 50cc's bigger. The bike itself is more full sized than the 250ex, plus it has better feel as far as suspension and the rear especially. I think for only being 11, unless you are 6' ft tall, it will suit you fine. No need to jump to a 400ex just yet when a 300ex will actually promote faster learning since you will probably feel more comfortable on it.

When i bought my 02 300ex at 15, it was the perfect bike for a first time owner, but also someone who has a couple years riding experience. It will really allow you to do everything a 400ex can no problem. If you push it hard enough, it will keep up with most if not all of the other bikes so long as the rider is experienced enough.

I'd say buy it, then in a couple more years when you are ready for a full on High performance bike you will be very experienced, and ready to use the full power of it. I think the general rule is, don't upgrade till you can ride your current bike perfectly in every gear, and you aren't wasting power by upgrading. Plus by then, you will be older and your parent's wont object to you buying something extremely high performance.

Wow am i long winded today lol.