PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech

EX LONERIDER
09-23-2003, 04:22 PM
what do you guys think about it? $70 is kinda expensive but, i guess the advantage of keeeping track of distance and how many hours you got on it will make for a more precise matinence schedule. does anyone know any tech reviews for it?

Doibugu2
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
I have one, and there are several threads on the site you can find if you do a search.

I think most of us chalk it up as an expensive clock. Several of them have broke and it is very difficult to read the speedo while your riding.

Finding out how far you rode is kind of nice and has your average speed.

2000400EX
09-24-2003, 04:47 AM
I love mine and have never had any problems with it (knock-on-wood)! :blah:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-24-2003, 08:35 AM
I would like to get one. I think it would be nice to see how far you ride and keep track of maintence..

09-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I would like to get one. I think it would be nice to see how far you ride and keep track of maintence..

they are great but don't hold up well in muddy wet conditions...

2000400EX
09-24-2003, 09:51 AM
I do probably 80% trail riding and believe me mine has seen it's fare share of mud holes! I've also washed my quad with it in place on the quad and have no problems what so ever. Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems with yours....:ermm:

09-24-2003, 11:37 AM
mine is pretty much junk & is very hard to read & innacurate at high speeds. I wouldnt reccomend one unless you want a cool clock:( maybe i installed it wrong but i followed al lthe instructions very precisely :confused:

carlj75
09-24-2003, 01:42 PM
I've had nothing but problems with my trailtech lights. The bulbs only last for one ride at the dunes, then I have to buy new $15 light bulbs! It's as if the bulbs were not made for something that moves.

tprender
09-24-2003, 06:16 PM
I have had mine for a year and a half. I watch it when washing the quad and I don't ride in any mud if possible. Has been very helpfull on the 2 trips to Col to see how far we rode each day. When I do my Hare Scrambles races we use it to milage the course each time. that way I don't have to go and ask a bike rider for help. I can do it by myself.
Yes it is hard to read if you are moving at fast speeds, but If you push the correct button it will give you your average speed and fastest speed.
I did break one mount, but it was my fault being that I crashed and broke it myself.