PDA

View Full Version : WA state:OPMC fall series @ Port Angeles

AndreS
09-23-2003, 03:20 PM
sunday, i raced MX at the OPMC (http://www.opmc.org/index.html) (olympic peninsula motorcycle club.) to say the least, i'm very impressed by the track (unlike some of the local stuff)
although there were some rocks the track is a natural terrain track that uses a hillside to form uphill & downhill doubles among other normal obstacles... the loop is fast & fun even though i was chicken on the jumps. the people running the event were pretty well organized & very friendly as well.
this was the first time they'd seen many quads show up, about 25-26, normally they have like 5-10 (reason is there was no events on the other side of the puget sound & word got around) so we had a short meeting to set up new classes... ended up with pro, vet(30+), 2-stroke, 4-stroke, & open. i ran open class on my GasGas 300.

my class was moto #1... 1st heat race i nailed the holeshot but quickly lost it to jeff graves(of graves motorsports) & another seasoned racer. was 3rd, i stalled twice in a tight hairpin.... came in 5th
2nd heat race i came out of the gate 3rd, which i held until i spun out on a slick spot on the track from 1/2 time watering, lost one position finished 4th. ended up with 4th overall.

overall the OPMC holds a great event & has an awesome track. this was the first event of thier fall series, which i may chase points in now. i had a great time, it is definitely worth the drive