PDA

View Full Version : Need a-arm install tips

FsT4WrD
09-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Friend of mine just purchased +2 a-arms ,the stock arms are off but he is haveing a problem getting the hubs/spindle/caliper to come off . Cotter pin and nuts are off and it won't budge .
Thats about all I know , I will be going over there tonight to give him a hand and see what he is talking about.

I figured since I am at work and on-line I would see if you guys could give me some pointers.

Also changing out the rear shock tonight any issues I need do be awair of ?

Thanks in advance

lil400exman
09-23-2003, 01:18 PM
well if its rusted take a torch and blast it very quckly then hurry up before te heat really transfers the other parts of the metal and it will come off super easy and uhh dont touch it afterawrds for about 20 minutes due to it being hot;) workd for me simple 1 person job done in 10 minutes on all 4......to get them back on take c-clamps get them as tight into the spindle as you can then get it threaded on there tight and usually that seats them but before going hog wild check the tightsness of the balljoints to see if they loosened up at all:) :macho

Black400
09-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Look in the faq forum Leo did a post on it..it has everything you need to know;)