PDA

View Full Version : anyone got tag t-5's?

Nausty
02-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Just bent my handlebars and I was woundering if anyone had any tag t-5 handle bars because that was what we were gonna order this weekend but now we are definately gonna order them. I'm steamed right now, does anyone ever have those days where every little hickup that can happen happens. I mean to the point whenever you want to do something you can because of something else? Ok I had a bad day finally get home and i'm gonna ride, dang i'm out gas, so I ask my mom if she can get more gas and she doen't feel like it so I have to wait tell around 7-8 when its dark to get here with the gas so I just put it on reserve and decide to mess around doing donuts on the road since it all icy out then i figure I should get closer to home once my tang started to get kinda low and then I am riding around the yard and I fall off into a ditch when I tryed doing a 360 so I figure whats the big deal and I give it gas get almost out but then start sliding down cuz of the snow then I get my foot in the wheelie bar and start bouncing up and down as i'm giving it gas and then my tires though all the snow behind it as I was climbing and then before I even realized my front end was strait up in the air and I tryed to save it and bam bent handle bars. I mean its like everything I want to do some little mistake and thing it turns into a big mistake and then bam I have to do whatever I was doing over or fix it. grrr i'm mad. Lets hope this post goes though with out my computer crashing or internet going down or anything else.

Nausty
02-01-2002, 05:12 PM
And do you think t-5's are strong enough to handle pretty decent roll overs with out bending or do you think I should just buy another stock set?

400exBro
02-01-2002, 05:34 PM
I have quad racing bars(renthal) i love them they are stright across instead of swept down, Tag meatals are awsome handle bars you just need differnt claps ( i think). with mine you are able to use all the stock stuff, just put it on and go.
Also you don't want bars that don't bend in a roll over because it could bend your steering stem which is a lot more than a set of bars.

After i rolled mine off of a jump that was the first thing i checked, you should as well to make it is all fine.
lata
400exbro

trx400ex
02-01-2002, 05:44 PM
ugh, dude a steering stems only 60 bucks,,,, get bars that wont bend...renthals i suggest, tags are good too

Nausty
02-01-2002, 06:06 PM
I think my dad wants the 909's but I havn't seen that many of them on quads and they cost 80. But do you guys think I should go with like the semi stong ones like 909's, t-5, regular renthals, you know or think i should go a little bit cheaper and weeker. ANd do you think they will hold up pretty well if I roll over my quad. You know what if my handlebars wern't bent right now I wouldn't want to ride but now that they are I still wanna ride like really bad.

400exBro
02-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
ugh, dude a steering stems only 60 bucks,,,, get bars that wont bend...renthals i suggest, tags are good too

I read in dirt wheels that they are over $200, i never had to shop around for one so i don't really now whats out there,
Nausty that is the way to renthals, they are not as strong as tags, and they are cheapier too. i paid $80 for mine and i love them they are a little wider but you get used to em(like 0.5 in. not much)

Nausty
02-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro

I read in dirt wheels that they are over $200, i never had to shop around for one so i don't really now whats out there,
Nausty that is the way to renthals, they are not as strong as tags, and they are cheapier too. i paid $80 for mine and i love them they are a little wider but you get used to em(like 0.5 in. not much)

I think what he meant by stem is the part that mounts the handlebars to that rod. I think the tag t-5's are in the same range to but the t-2's are very expensive and you need the clamp for.

Nausty
02-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro

What bend do you have for your handle bars? Because i definetly want a kinda strong set that wont bend on the soft roll overs but I want it to bend on the bad ones as not to ruin the steering column which are really expensive. I am just trying to decide on the bend of the bars right now.

400exJOE
02-02-2002, 09:16 AM
a stock steering stem cost $60. A lonestar or equivelant costs about $200. And the X5 bars dont need new clamps. But the T2 bars do.

trx400ex
02-02-2002, 09:23 AM
yea i meant the whole stem, and the stem will bend before any aftermarket bar usualy, i got one bent under my stockers and one bent under my renthals, i think im going with a houser next

400MXer
02-02-2002, 09:52 AM
first of, they are X5 not T5. And i have cr high bend. I haven't rode with them yet on my quad, but i have ridden with them on other's peoples and i love them. if you like lower bars....these are what to get...and if you like even lower....get cr low bend.
i've bent two steering stems so far, both stockers. Actually i bent them 4 times but i heated them up and bent them back strait after the first times. But i want to get a steering stem and i'm getting a Roll Design. Yeah baby. But if i didn't have the discount from duncan i would get a Laeger stem.

Nausty
02-02-2002, 09:56 AM
are they straiter too and not as sweeped back as stockers if so these are my bars.

roost on you
02-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Just wondering if you got your bars yet?? If not i will tell you this. Any of your pro taper type of bars (tag t-2, oneal double bar, answer pro taper) will all have signifigantly less sweep and will not be anywhere near as high as your stockers. The new bars will sit very very low on your stem. If you are looking for bars, email a guy named bill (i think) at ETPERFORMANCE1@aol.com and he should be able to hook you up with some awsome prices on what you are looking for. Tell him tyylr, the guy who makes the custom 250r radiator shrouds sent you. They do make a CR double high bend bar which is 115 mm as opposed to like 92 i think. That is what i went with.

Nausty
02-02-2002, 01:19 PM
just ordered them gun metal black x-5's

Foxrage
02-02-2002, 04:16 PM
Thats exactly what i have. I love mine. Not one problem but i have never rolled mine. I think you will like them too.

James70214
02-02-2002, 04:56 PM
Actually the Pro-tapers and tags sit about even as stock. The mount for them raises it up abut 1.5 inches.

400exBro
02-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey Nausty
they are quad racing bend so they can fit on any quad and or bike. i love they are way better than the stockers, wait any handle bar is better than the stockers.

Nausty
02-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys we ordered some tag x-5 cr hi bend bars in gun metal black for 80 bucks. Thanks for all the info you guys gave me it helped a lot. btw how come all the stock handle bars are cheapo's it is with ever dirt bike i've owned and quad.