PDA

View Full Version : Windrock Oct17,18,19,20

Werx615
09-23-2003, 12:25 PM
theres a ride at windrock oct. 17,18,19,20 . www.windrockatv.com has info on it

luvmyex
09-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Ill be there.Anyone else going?The spring ride they had was alot of fun.

Werx615
10-04-2003, 11:29 PM
ill be there with a few other people, on the windrock site theres already quite a few people already signed up for it

luvmyex
10-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Cool,Where are you staying? We are at the host motel.Doubletree i think it is now.Im going with a group from my club and they all ride utes,cept my gf on a 250ex.But shes kinda slow too.I need someone with a sport to hook up and ride with some.Should get there about 1-2 pm Fri. Try to hhok up and we will ride some.Ill be in a dark blue dokota with a 400ex,250 ex, and a king quad.And this is what my wheeler looks like now
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p5a1bc1f9b79ac78809aa798474ae481c/fafa313d.jpg

Werx615
10-08-2003, 06:55 PM
we are probably camping out, we should be there sumtime early friday night, there are 2 of us going definitely so far, we will be on 400ex's , i know sum other people who are questionable to go

luvmyex
10-09-2003, 08:46 AM
are ya camping in the parking lot area?I would like to hook up and ride with yall if we can.

Werx615
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
ive never been up there before, but yea im sure we'll camp near the parking lot, we will be in a big 4x4 dark blue chevy with 2 red 400ex's. a guy might be comin with us who rides a cr250r to.

luvmyex
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
You live that close and havent been?:huh This will be my 3rd trip now.And after this weekend im sure i will not have seen anywhere near all of it.And last time we rode about 120 miles or so.I want to try and make it all the way to the stairstep area that i saw last time.But it will require more than a tank of gas to do.Hope you guys can get a spot to camp that late fri.It was packed in the spring.But once you hit the trails its like nobody is there.The place is huge!

Werx615
10-09-2003, 07:27 PM
i hope we can find a spot, i jus started ridin in july and i just heard about windrock a couple weeks ago and i got on the internet and found the windrockatv site and seen they was havin a ride so i figured i'd go check it out,70 sumthin thousand acres is a lot of land!

10-09-2003, 09:48 PM
yah...improb.gonna go oct. 24,25,26,

luvmyex
10-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Yea the place is huge.Once your on the trails it will be empty almost.What say we meet at the shelter in the parking lot around 9:00 am on Sat.Im planning on a long ride to the stairsteps i saw last time i was there.But we were on the wrong trail to get to em.Didnt have the gas to make it.Bring a small can you can strap on or a big gatoraid bottle full of gas.youlll need it.What kind of pace do yall ride at?BTW my name is Rick.

atvchik
10-11-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm going to be there also-this is my third trip down.
The place is sooo much fun!

I'm on a 400KFX and my husband rides an orange 700KFX.
Say hi if you see us out there!! All that neon and we are easy to spot.

We have friends camping at the base, so we should be hangin' around the fires in the evening.
We are staying at the Day's Inn across from the Doubletree.
See ya there!

Werx615
10-11-2003, 09:17 PM
nice to meet ya rick, im colin, sure we can meet up, we usually ride like we're racing but we adjust to how anybody else who rides with rides so we dont leave em

Werx615
10-11-2003, 09:17 PM
oops, i meant rides with us

luvmyex
10-12-2003, 07:42 AM
OOOOOHH! a female to ride with:eek2: Just picking .The more the merrier.Yall should join the party at doubletree seeing your so close.Im still not sure if my GF is riding with me on Sat or not.If not then hauling Arse is the way to go.Im thinking right now that she will be riding with the club on Sat. and me on Fri. & Sun.less than a week to go now Whoo Hooo!.

remlapr
10-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Just got back from my first trip to Windrock. If you are planning on camping there next weekend you can forget it - it was completely packed in the parking area - I can only imagine how bad it will be next weekend. I thought the place was decent - but extremely rocky, worse then bearwallow rocky. It seemed like we were either on paved roads or gravel or on a very rocky trail. The big windmills were cool and some of the views up there are awesome. #2 was about the only trail we really liked, and it was still pretty rough in spots - but has lots of good size jumps. #16 was the roughest trail I have ever rode - justing getting through there on a sport bike is a serious challenge. I just think it's more for utilities then sport bikes up there - but maybe we just didn't hit the right trails??

10-12-2003, 10:08 PM
i definately won't be going there now

luvmyex
10-13-2003, 03:55 PM
#2 is a good trail.And yea there are alot of gravel roads to ride also.But there are tons of unmaked trails up there too.It ok to ride em they just arent on a map.and you really dont know where your gonna come out at.And some of them gravel roads are pretty fun when your tapped out in 4th and 5th.Its not hatfield but still a great place to go a couple times a year.

remlapr
10-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah #2 is fun - some of those jumps almost throw you off the trail though. I would be in the air with the brakes locked up waiting to hit the ground. I like running the gravel WOT, sliding the turns, but there were a lot of trucks and other quads up there so you had to worry about on-coming traffic. We rode #25 (I think it was) up to the windmills and it had some good sections running out in the open along some ridges. I guess I was just expecting more. You can tell the trails aren't maintained at all, yet they are charging 10 bucks a head. On the plus side you can night ride there, which you can't do at LBL or Hatfield.

luvmyex
10-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Did ya make it over to the flats?its on the north side.I want to try amnd make it over there this time.I bought a oversize gas tank but i wont get it in time for this trip.:( Guess ill just have to stap the gatoraid bottle of gas to the front again:huh I cant wait to get out of town!

luvmyex
10-16-2003, 04:22 PM
See yall there.I should be leaving first thing in the morning.Should be on the trails by 1:00 or 2:00

remlapr
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
Did ya make it over to the flats?its on the north side.I want to try amnd make it over there this time.I bought a oversize gas tank but i wont get it in time for this trip.:( Guess ill just have to stap the gatoraid bottle of gas to the front again:huh I cant wait to get out of town!

No - I don't think we made it over to the North side at all, that place is huge. If you haven't been up to the windmills definately go check that out, killer views from up there. Have fun and watch out for the buggies and trucks on the main trails...

atvchik
10-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Just got back and we had a great time!
Talk about alot of bikes, they said over 600 showed up.
We did about 200 miles. The flats overlooking Caryville were awesome-cold and windy up there though. The trip there was a bit rough on some of the loose rock/washouts. That ride was 67 miles itself. The poker run was my favorite part. We got out front on 16 and never looked back. I did stop and pull out a big rock in the middle of a hill climb I got hung up on for a minute so no one else would get stuck.
We stayed around a bit on Sunday just to watch the jeep's/homemades climb Rattlerock. I still can't believe they can climb those bolders :eek2:
I'll be going back for the spring ride for sure!

luvmyex
10-20-2003, 04:25 PM
We did the flats on fri.that was a good run there and back.We almost went to cracker barrel in lake springs i think it was but decided not to.Trail #16 was a good one too.#18 was kinda rough but not as bad as #12 man that ment difficult.We didnt ride at all Sun. i me and my fried were too hung over:confused2 to ride.Sit in the bar talking to Papa Smurf and put down 4 long island teas in about two hrs.The wall were alot closer togeather when i went back to the room.Werx, if you were there sorry man.i didnt make it to the lot till 9:30 Sat morning.Again to late in the bar.i think we did about 82 miles.but our group grew to 8 on Sat and one kid one a 400ex( brand new 1st ride on it)needed alot of help on some of the trails.My gf on her 250ex was smoking him.I thought that was cool.And she did really well.Only one time on trail #10 did she have any trouble.and we rode some rough chit on saturday.Atvchick,that was nothing to the spring ride.It was twice the size.they said on Sat they had around 1000 parked trucks in the lot and up the road.But in the spring they had a campground that parked 700 and they thought there was about 2500 in the spring.But even with all these people you dont see many on the trails.Fri we past 4 groups in 48 miles.Sat was a little more but only waited one time on the jeeps. and meet maybe 8-10 groups.sorry i didnt get to meet yall.maybe in the spring.

atvchik
10-20-2003, 06:55 PM
We rode with Papa Smurf on Thursday and Nascar Attic on Friday.
You should have done 12, it's marked difficult but it's not really.
We took 9 back out and it was really pretty fun-fast climb out of there. I've alway's thought the top of 3 sucked-rock ledge that you kinda jump onto at an angle. Scottkawi700 rode that part
for me. I rode up and said no way, Papa just laughed at me.
I think Papa said someone on one of his rides rolled there.

I was there for the last 2 spring rides. This was just my first fall ride. This was also the first time I rode the other side of the map.
It's nice having that many people and so many trails that you hardly ever see anyone out there.
I didn't meet that many new people this time. Too busy riding I guess. Glad you all had fun!

luvmyex
10-21-2003, 05:09 PM
we did do 12.It crossed the creek several times and plenty of rocks.Then we picked up 10.up the two big hills.Turned right on 11,that was a good trail too.then picked up 16 to 18 or 18 to 16 around to 2. 16 & 18 are real fun.lots of turns up and down the hills.I wash we could have met up with pappa on the trails.From what i hear that old man can ride that wolvy pretty good.Pretty good guy too.And had some mighty good grain if ya know what i mean.LOL Ive jst done both rides this year.But ill be back in the spring.

atvchik
10-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Papa's a real good guy! Did you get some "smurfberry juice"?
That stuff eat's the plastic off the cups.
Did you see his "love shack" in the lot?
I've not been inside the trailer but the outside is cute.

It sucked going back to work today!

luvmyex
10-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Yea i got juiced! on top og the 4 LI teas i drank.UUUUGHHH!I havent been inside but he was telling some good stories about it.Have you met cheech or chong yet?I met Chong in the spring and that guy is wide open!Thats who most od the stories were about at the luv shack!lol Im thinking about hatfield next.:D

luvmyex
10-21-2003, 07:29 PM
werx did you make it?

atvchik
10-22-2003, 03:50 PM
OH yeah, I've ridden with Cheech & Chong!

My first ride down there I had a Warrior, I high centered 3/4 up a hill. Luckily, some guy grabbed my bike or I was going over.
Once I got off the hill (one of them, I get them mixed up) rode up this steep azzz hill on 2 wheels like it was nothin'. Freakin' crazy as can be!! They are definately the life of the party when they are out!
I might be going to Hatfield also, been getting coaxed into it by my friends.

luvmyex
10-22-2003, 04:03 PM
You do know when chong is around.LOL i partied with him in the spring and missed him this time.Are you planning on hatfield soon?My friend wants to go in the next two weeks but it may be 3 before i can swing it.

luvmyex
10-22-2003, 04:04 PM
happy birthday BTW! mine was the 11th.

atvchik
10-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Happy Birthday to you too!

I probably won't be there that soon.
I need to save up some after this last trip.
Plus, I just spent a chunk of change on Elka's.

I will be back to Windrock in the spring though.
I just checked out my rim's yesterday after that trip,
they are BEAT up. I knew I pounded the rocks but I didn't think I hit them that hard. I guess I know what I'm getting next, ha ha!
Does it ever end????

Werx615
10-22-2003, 06:14 PM
yea i made it, man that place is rocky as i dont know what, what are sum good trails there for sport quads?

luvmyex
10-23-2003, 04:41 PM
I ll be back in the spring for sure.I think that will be a yearly event for me.Congrats on the elka's.I just had dersi redo my works.And i found a great deal on here for some front beadlocks.But i did have to put two more plugs in my tire.That makes 6 in spot the size of a silver dollar.And no i never ends.
Werx.i really dont know what to say.a sport will do all of them.Some easier than others.I dont know the place well enough to say which ones are best.I ve really seen very little of it.Your best bet is to register at www.atvtime.com and talk to papa smurf in the windrock fourm.That man know it like the back of his hand.He did 400 miles this past weekend.