PDA

View Full Version : Sand cops

airheadedduner
09-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Anyone else noticeing the increased sand cops at florence?? They arn't really careing about sound but are inforceing speed regulations on the beach. One of them chased down one of my friends for riding a wheelie down the flats in about 3rd:rolleyes: It is starting to suck over there. There wasn't even anyone else on the flats but our group. They probly would have chit themselves if we would have been racing down it like we normally do.

Narly R
09-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Ya, now with the new rules, there are WAY more cops! :( I hate it, I havent had any problem, but some of my friends have, its a lot eiser to get cought now for dumb stuff, pretty soon we wont be able to jump!:rolleyes: But really, you can stay away from them usually... I try anyways, and I havent got a ticket yet...

Dextreme
09-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Many of the cops are on quads to...and it stough to pick them out until its too late. They are definitly strict on sound and speed, but it has been that way for several years now

Sand Lake I typically only see one cop and maybe 1 or 2 FS patrol the area at a time on normal (non holiday) weekends and they are less sneeky, but they still write lots of tickets.

twisted threads
09-24-2003, 03:32 AM
I think florence by far is the worst place for Cops. THERE EVERYWHERE! Im always looking over my shoulder to see if one is coming.:cool: So I can go the other way.

Burl Swift
09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
We kinda got busted the first time we went to LS, in Utah. We didn't know that there was a sound cerfue in White Sands where we were camping and we were ripping around the campsites at about 1am...they didn't like that.

We got a stern talking to from the Ranger in the morning. He was decent though, just told us if we did it again we'd get booted from the camp ground. Lesson learned.

Dextreme
09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
A few years ago I got pulled over on the beach at Florence...not because I was speeding. The cop just pulled me over "to inform me" that there was a speed limit on the beach and then he proceeded to check my ORV permit. I just remember thinking afterwards, "That was weird".

AndrewRRR
09-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Oreogn cops are the worst. You'd think with our budget problems there would be less dune cops this year. Last time at winchester Casper got "courtesy checked" at 101db, which is by far my quietest bike, so I gotta run like hell with the R. lol
The speed limit on the beach is 25mph but I think everywhere else it's general rule (go as fast as conditions permit). I need to renew my ORV permits, they all expired in may.

Narly R
09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Ya but its worth it, the Oregon Dunes will always be SWEET!:cool:

airheadedduner
09-25-2003, 09:08 AM
No one in my group has been sound checked in 2 seasons, thats including 4 shee's with no hush kits on there toomie's, and 3 R's with LRD pipes and my 440 and that there is no way that thing passes at the moment. I just can't beleive they would chases you down for riding a wheelie. Whats gonna happen next?? The trails gonna get stopsigns. There are already some with stopsigns by the beach.

AndrewRRR
09-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
No one in my group has been sound checked in 2 seasons, thats including 4 shee's with no hush kits on there toomie's, and 3 R's with LRD pipes and my 440 and that there is no way that thing passes at the moment. I just can't beleive they would chases you down for riding a wheelie. Whats gonna happen next?? The trails gonna get stopsigns. There are already some with stopsigns by the beach.

None of us had been sound checked ever before that last trip. Luckily they only got casper which was probably the quietest bike of the bunch. We also had a 400cc banshee with CPI in-frames, Thorchick's full WB 300ex, and a couple sandrails. Another buddy who went up to Sandlake with his built Banshee (CPI in-frames also) did get a ticket. That's the first time i've heard of tickets at Sandlake. I guess the locals are starting to complain about noise. I think we should all chip in $1 so we can buy all the locals around all our riding areas earplugs, and shut them the hell up about our riding!

Dextreme
09-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Oh...and running from the cops isn't advised. Last memorial day (Driftwood II) a guy spent the night jail because he was running from the cops. They guy rode his bike in the trailer and started making a sandwich acting like he did nothing wrong...cops came and hauled him away. I believe the bail was $1500 for his buddies go get him out. :eek2:

Narly R
09-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Same thing happened at Dune Fest right by the UPP house, along with 10 others...:rolleyes:

airheadedduner
09-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Is a ticket for sound a moving violation on your driving record??? Thats what I have heard from a few people. I don't know if they where talking out there arses though. The people in the sourounding areas of the dunes need to take a second and think that without us they would get almost no tourism money. We are there economy. I think I am gonna go pull the spark arrestor out of the pipe on the 440 now.

Flip)(stick
09-28-2003, 10:32 PM
They can pay cops to play around on atv's and play catch with u guys, but they cant hire more teachers for schools? Or up teachers salaryS? what a bunch of bull ****...

quadrider400
10-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Anywhere in the Florance area sound is a big deal.... unless you ride on the weekdays... I have yet to see anyone out looking then... same w/ sandlake... they seem to be less concerened with sound except on the big weekends....
:cool:

AndrewRRR
10-13-2003, 10:54 AM
I don't see why it would be a moving violation on your record, it doesn't have anything to do with driving really. I think it's a misdemeanor like a parking ticket.
It irritates me how we are in this huge budget deficit and they hire a ton more cops to go out and bust us for having fun. Guess how they are gonna pay those cops and pocket some extra coin too... yup, hitting us in the wallet when we ride.

airheadedduner
10-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Thats what really bugs me too. I go to Chemeketa "Clown" College and because of budget cuts, tuition went up, food in the food court went way up, you now have to pay to park(new last year), and classes are the definition of cramed. My brothers high school has tarps everywhere cause the roof leaks really bad. I drive about 70-80 miles a day and cop patrols are way down, and crime in my neighbor hood went way up. But then I see a group of sand cops parradeing around on new crapters:mad: I think we need Arnold(sp?) up hear in Oregon:huh

Narly R
10-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Thats what really bugs me too. I go to Chemeketa "Clown" College and because of budget cuts, tuition went up, food in the food court went way up, you now have to pay to park(new last year), and classes are the definition of cramed. My brothers high school has tarps everywhere cause the roof leaks really bad. I drive about 70-80 miles a day and cop patrols are way down, and crime in my neighbor hood went way up. But then I see a group of sand cops parradeing around on new crapters:mad: I think we need Arnold(sp?) up hear in Oregon:huh

Egzacly, dont make sense!:rolleyes:

AndrewRRR
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM

Yeah, I go to Oregon State and when that budget shortfall came our tuition went up about $100 a term (right in the middle of the term too, really screwed up the people on financial aid). My cousin goes to Chemeketa and PSU.
We should all take pics of the new cops and their new machines and post them in every short-changed school in oregon.
I bet their excuse will be: "But they generate revenue from tickets". :grr: