PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP! Problem with ESP Shift Program Honda Rancher........

2fastandfurious
09-23-2003, 08:09 AM
I bought my 2002 Rancher SLIGHTLY used from a dealer about a year ago. When I bought it I was able to turn it off in gear. When I would turn it back on I would have to "rock" back and forth to get it back into Neutral. After about a year period it has gotten progressively worse and harder to get it back into neutral. Now my brother shut it down in 2nd gear and when I try and downshift I don't hear the little "click" noise when I press the button. It is almost like it isn't even there. Anyways I couldn't even push the machine (has to be in Neutral to turn on), I had to get some guys to help me pick it up and get it into the garage. Does anyone know what the trouble is? I depend on this machine and I need to get it fixed. If you have any help could you please either reply or send it too AWitek@PagePath.com Thank you

brokeitin3
09-23-2003, 08:29 AM
take the esp shifter off and get a regular one in its place

jerry-89-250R
09-23-2003, 09:03 AM
check your fuses first, the brushes may be worn in the electric shifter, try lightly tapping on the shifter motor sometimes the brushes stick and this will un-stick them