PDA

View Full Version : Polaris rear shock adjustment

HondaChris
09-22-2003, 11:26 PM
My brother has a 2003 Polaris Trail Blazer 400...he wants to adjust the compression on the rear. He says it sags too much and bottoms out on jumps. I told him thats just cuz its like jumping a tank!! LOL I havent looked at it, but he says there is nothing on it to adjust, other than the spring, and there is nothing on the owners manual either. Is this true? If it is, would just adjusting the pre-load (spring) make it not sag as much?

zfire_28
09-23-2003, 02:37 AM
if he wants to jump......tell him to buy a sport quad

Braff1
09-23-2003, 03:32 AM
They are pre-load only. You can order heavy duty springs from Polaris to reduce the sag.

HondaChris
09-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanks Braff....I tried talking him out of buying a Trailblazer and buying something different..either a 400EX or a Z...but you know..damn kids think they know it all!!

Braff1
09-23-2003, 01:36 PM
I had the same prob with my daughter's trail blazer sagging. The prob we have run into know is to keep the rear from sagging you have to crank up hte preload. Then we she jumps a hill the stiff spring kicks the bac of the quad up. So, we are back to where we started.

ZSK
09-23-2003, 05:19 PM
He is bottoming a shock that has 10.5 inches of travel?:confused: ? What kind of jumping is this kid doing?

Braff1
09-23-2003, 09:11 PM
If I adjust the rear shock of my daug. trailblazer so that it don't try to buck her off it will bottom out with her on little 2' high jumps and she weighs on 135#. So we have to try to find a happy medium and just deal with it. We are looking now for a heavy duty sprin to put on the shock to see if it helps.

HondaChris
09-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah, thats true about not taking much af anything to bottom it out...and the biggest jump on our track gets you about 6 foot of air if you hit it right, or wrong in his case. Plus I told him weighing a few more than I do (235 for me), doesnt help out the suspension either. I wondered about cranking the crap out of the spring, and then he'd just have to shift his weight back on any jumping or anything else that moves the rear suspension much.