PDA

View Full Version : Anger Management...

ghost_ryder
09-22-2003, 10:07 PM
what do you guys do to control your anger??? today i got really pissed and i punched a window out and i cut up my arm pretty good...sometimes i just get pissed off and i gotta hit something or take my anger out on something...it seems like it makes it worse if i hold it in...i usually dont get pissed but today for some reason i did...so when you guys get really pissed off what do ya do?

Narly R
09-22-2003, 10:11 PM
If i get mad its either at my bike or me, so I try not to get frustrated it dont help... if someone is givin me crap Ill let it slide for a little.... Im not one for freakin out and getting all pissed, but I do get mad, but dont punch out windows... why did ya get mad?:confused:

batgeek
09-22-2003, 10:15 PM
i drink many beers :(

ghost_ryder
09-22-2003, 10:16 PM
well ive been sick for a while and im trying to get better before the big hatfield ride this weekend...my mom is a nurse at a doctors office and brought home some medicine and i gotta take it like in the morning before i leave for class and in the evenings...well today i found out that my sister stole it...for what reason i have no clue...but then she denied it and my mom and i both know she took it...anyways i went to my sisters house to look for it and she kept gettin mad cause i guess she knew i was gonna find it so i walked out the door and she said something that pissed me off and i turned around and puched her front door that had a window in it...my mom told me not to worry bout it that she would bring some more medicine home so ah well...

ghost_ryder
09-22-2003, 10:20 PM
batgeek ur sig says " Dude hold my beer.........watch this"...that reminds me yesterday i went riding and seeing how this is west virginia where there are many rednecks and hillbillies...there were like 15 people going...mostly older guys that were drinkin and just having a good time...well we came up to this mudhole and some guy nicknamed onion...lol...says "hold my beer"...he takes his new rubicon in the mudhole it was more like a pond...anyway he stopped in the middle and they had to pull him out and it took forever for his quad to start back...i was laughin my *** off...

batgeek
09-22-2003, 10:22 PM
hehe, well that saying applies to anything except driving. whether that be my quad, my truck, or a car :D

KrazyKid300ex
09-23-2003, 05:05 AM
i have no patience and a really bad temper:grr:

DEAL
09-23-2003, 05:17 AM
You grow out of it eventually.
I did.

sly400ex
09-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Seriously, if you have anger problems now, I think it will just lead to more trouble in the future. I have had a bad temper for quite some time now, and now at 26 it has put me into a serious situation. I'll just say I had a little road rage incident that that could pontentially end up landing me in prison for quite some time. It's not worth it, try talking to a professional about it or something. I'm just trying to help from my situations.:o

Blysster
09-23-2003, 08:46 AM
After my third nintendo and playstation trashed I decided I would stop paying video games. This was many years ago.

seatec
09-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I used to have a really bad temper myself when i was a teen to early 20's but have mellowed quite a bit now. What used to bug me is that poeple would think that it is something you can just turn off when you go into a fit. they just dont know its a chemical reaction and you are off the handle before you even know it.
The trick is to make yourself think about a situation before you react. you dont need a shrink to tell you that.

zephead400ex
09-23-2003, 09:18 AM
ledofthezep broke his hand last weekend, we were all seriously drunk! He doesnt remember what he punched, but with him, there is not much telling.

But ya, I have bad temper too! I get really pissed off, but it does take quite a bit to get me going! My GF really knows how to piss me off. Drinking doesn't really help the situation, but I try to make it help!:p

ghost_ryder: what kind of pills did your sister take? any good? haha! Get to feeling better man!

peace

JTRtrx250r
09-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Anger managment.......it pisses me off!!:D :blah:

I have a bad temper at times myself.....just gotta learn to try and maintain b/c it wont hold so well when ya get older,I just take a deep breath and try to look at the big picture b4 I snap......does it work???,....most of the time;)

DESDAK4
09-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Getting mad is nature, it just happens sometimes but you need to look for a different way to vent because, I can tell you I used to fly off and just hit stuff and now I have a pretty messed up right hand and wrist that has had one surgery and most likely will have more as I get older. So I would say when you get mad do like I do and go for a ride, get a punching bag, run just anything to take your mind off other than hitting things that don't move. Lastly, yes, you will outgrow it to a point as well.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Runnin Dumb
09-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Hey! If ya gotta punch something make sure it's soft and cheap to replace!!! Easy on the hand and wallet:devil:

Crf150f
09-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Blysster
After my third nintendo and playstation trashed I decided I would stop paying video games. This was many years ago.
LOL!:blah:

Crazy4bluEx
09-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Blysster

thats hilarious, playstation never seemed 2 piss me off, really nothing does but little stuff. Like someone acting "cocky" really gets on my last nerves quick. but people acting stupid and like this kid named ross will always say silly stuff like...."squirells have nuts, SO DO I" in the middle of a test :p i just kinda laugh it off, other people get all pissed and bent out of shape, even though they are STILL laughing because its so funny. i guess im too layed back? :confused: but thats a good thing in my mind:cool:

MOFO
09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Dumb
Hey! If ya gotta punch something make sure it's soft and cheap to replace!!! Easy on the hand and wallet:devil:

Yep, I had a punching bag when I was growing up. My dad set it up and said, anytime you get angry... work on the bag. :D

Now that I'm older, I have noticed that I dont get angry much... seem to be very laid back now... :bandit:

rojorider530
09-23-2003, 11:28 AM
ive done some stupid things that have caused me to be in a anger management classes for 6 months and i had no choice.... but it actually worked i would get sooo pissed for little reasons and after the class i dont think ANYTHING could piss me off
( unless like someone murdered someone i know)

spincr4hire
09-23-2003, 12:34 PM
I usually go crank one off when I'm pissed. It relieves tension and makes me feel relaxed...:o

CowsBitePeople
09-23-2003, 01:39 PM
If i get pissed i will punch something....and if someone pushes me tooo far ....well its allll over

lil400exman
09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
when i get mad i let it out cause if you hold it in it will actually make you bust easier next time so let it out calmly and not just snap and kill every living thing in your sight. ;)

DEAL
09-23-2003, 02:20 PM
green smokes help a bit too... ;)
I'm not telling anyone to do that though.. its probably one of the worst habbits I have ever started and am in the process in quiting.

Adam202
09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ghost_ryder
what do you guys do to control your anger??? today i got really pissed and i punched a window out and i cut up my arm pretty good...sometimes i just get pissed off and i gotta hit something or take my anger out on something...it seems like it makes it worse if i hold it in...i usually dont get pissed but today for some reason i did...so when you guys get really pissed off what do ya do?
NEVER punch out windows, its one of the stupidest things you can do. my uncle almost died because he punched through a window, cut one of his main artery or veins or whatever its called and he almost bled to death. when i do get pissed off, i ussualy throw things. anger makes you do stupid things.

sickmojave
09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
green smokes help a bit too... ;)

:eek2: LMAO

trx400
09-23-2003, 02:25 PM
When i get really pissed off i just get on my quad and ride. it takes my mind off of everything thats goin on

Tommy 17
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Dumb

so thats why u beat rico... hes easy and cheap:p haha j.k rica

when i get mad i usually call a girl that will calm my *** down and hang out... seems to work best with me...

hondafox440
09-23-2003, 02:27 PM
I usually don't get angry or pissed off at people. I get frustrated at stupid people often though. When I do get pissed I just go in the basement and play video games or go on the comp. Vice City helps. I'm not one to get very emotional at anything, and I can't "sit down and talk about it".

Greg Z
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
when im angry i beat my penis to a bloody pulp:eek: just joking...

when im angry i just. lay back and think of what i should of said

Ralph
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
ut hurt and it still hurts....

http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/knuckles.jpg

XANDADA
09-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Punchin stuff only hurts yourself. Your prolly still po'd & now you got a busted up hand in addition. I used to get that way until I realized it just didn't do no good. Relaxe man. Go for a walk or lift some weights.

Oh ya, Smoke 'em if ya got 'em:bandit:

flyin#5
09-23-2003, 03:14 PM
usually i dont let it show. i use it when im riding. gets a bit crazy when you have a pissed off dude on a quad:D

but when i dont get to ride....... watch out!:eek2:

310Rduner
09-23-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm pretty laid back, don't get pissed at things to the point of hurting someone ( at least not so angry that i carry anything out more than thinking it...;) )
But, I did kararate for like 7 years, so I guess going to class everyday and beating on a bag, or doing some calming type excercises has had a good effect on me. Plus you can hit people (with control of course) and be rewarded for it.:p

I think being in karate has always kept me pretty cool minded, because i know that should i get into a fight, provoked or unprovoked by me that it will end up in the other guy getting hurt pretty bad, and then me getting in trouble.... When you know self defense, and you use.. it always comes back to bite you in the *** that you know it ; lawsuits, suspension, expulsion and so on.
:grr:

I generally only punch walls when i want to see how hard I can hit it before it hurts...:huh

toby400ex
09-23-2003, 05:59 PM
If ya like punchin things get a punching bag. I usually get pissed off and hit something when i miss a race for one reason or another.:mad:

Atreyu
09-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Next time you should set yourself on fire...

PHIL_B54
09-23-2003, 06:25 PM
everyone has a temper. my dad has one horrible, and i guess it showed me how to deal with stuff the wrong way as a kid.

my problem is this... im pretty laid back, something pissed me off...im still laid back... piss me off again.... kinda laid back......piss me off again..im ok..piss me off again....SNAP i get into such a swearing rage that what i say dont always come out right. you can feel the adrenilin flow then BAM.

sweet300ex
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Music calms me down

JTRtrx250r
09-23-2003, 06:55 PM
another good thing is to push weights....if you get peeved alot,...you'll get buff lol:blah: and yes....music soothes the soul;)

monkeyboy
09-23-2003, 06:59 PM
i goo outt an kikk dem dam chikinz win i gett reeel madd:mad: