PDA

View Full Version : Duvall Rumors

Smokey
09-22-2003, 08:36 PM
I know that there are alot of RUMORS Out there right now about Chad . Like testing Axis shocks, or raceing for Team Safari Again ... Not true !!!!!!! Please if you hear any of these and want to know the truth , PM Chad , e-mail him, or catch him at a race and ask before you believe anything you hear . For some reason somebody is trying to start alot of sh** and nobody can figure out why ...Anyone who knows Chad will know these are not true..

660bigdaddy
09-23-2003, 03:16 PM
what is going on w/ chad? only thing i've heard is he won't be riding for mickey next year. is that true? read it on a post from mickey on connection...

lt250r91
09-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
what is going on w/ chad? only thing i've heard is he won't be riding for mickey next year. is that true? read it on a post from mickey on connection...

From another post on exriders Mickey said that Bryan Cook would be taking Chad's place on the 4-stroke team. And after talking to Chad at the last race it is true that he will not be on the 4-stroke Tech team next year.

That was the only thing Chad has disclosed at this point. He said he might have some more info by Ironman, but not 100% on that. The only other thing is that he will be racing next year.

Smokey
09-23-2003, 07:58 PM
I heard today from a VERY VERY good source that as of today Chad and his relationship with FST is NO MORE . Chad has NO FST bike/s and will be on a silent sponsers bike for the last 2 GNCC's . HE will still be on a Yamaha , but he is just on his own now . He is also looking forward to the rest of the year and next year on the Yamaha .........

yzbabe
09-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Rumors, I think if I was anyone on here reading these rumors about Duvall I would just ask him personally. I think he is the kind of guy we all know he is and he will tell you the truth. Which I know has not been told correctly by mutual agreements. I was told his split from FST was mutual and agreed apon by both parties. Soooo ANYTHING else you hear from other parties involved are likely not true. Yes we were told he will still finish the season, still on a Yamaha and charging after the Championship(PRO PRODUCTION) with a passion! We were also told his independent sponsors have been more than generous with supplys to get him thur these last two races. I suggest that anyother guestions or comments be directed to bad chad himself. Everyone out there knows what kind of awesome person he is and will over come this disruption.
GO BAD CHAD
WIN ONE FOR THE TEAM!
DUVALL RACING

joedirt
09-24-2003, 07:42 PM
DUVALL & HAWK GOOD BUDDIES.
HAWK = YAMAHA
GET THE POINT
JUST A THOUGHT

Smokey
09-24-2003, 08:09 PM
VERY GOOD POINT Joe .....I think you might be onto something ...Like YZbabe said everyone should ask Chad about anything they would like to know and lets all get behind him 150% at the next 2 races , YELL FOR HIM , Cheer him on and let him know what his fans think of him . Lets all get him pumped up to win the last 2 races and be the Champ his is to all his fans ...

lt250r91
09-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Yelling and cheering, I'll do one better. I'm going to return the favor and solute him like he has been doing to me the last few races. Yes Chad I saw you turn and wave to me at the last race while battleing with other pros.

jlhughes750
09-25-2003, 11:29 AM
i would like to think that Duvall is getting the hook up from Yami and Hawk has alot to do with it!!!!!!!!

IMAGINE THIS(purely speculation) Hawk put the word in for Duvall, then Hawk helps ($) Duvall for the rest of the year(last 2 races) independent sponsor????? Hawk just won the title, got some extra $ in the pocket!!!!!!!

Sorry thats just my own holucination:eek: :confused: :eek2:

later

Doibugu2
09-25-2003, 12:06 PM
This site is getting to be like a soap oprea. Very intertaining. Who is YZbabe, this was her first post.

Duvall and Mickey are both on the site, would be nice if they responded.

Smokey
09-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Hawk has nothing to do with the ride that Chad has for the rest of the year . They are very good friends , also so rememebr that Chad's son is a team mate to Hawk .....If you want to know for sure ask Chad next weekend

lt250r91
09-25-2003, 01:44 PM
One more interesting Fact to throw into the mix. From what I understood the YZF that Chad is on is owned by another member of the 4-stroke Tech team and Mickey and Chad talked him into letting Chad use it for the remainer of the season.

I also agree with Smokey on the Hawk/Duvall deal. Also Remember Yamaha doesn't even directly sponsor Barry. His Yamaha backing is through a dealership. The reason is something to do with legal reason why Yamaha doesn't have a Factory backed team.

For all the details that are that can be declosed you would have to talk Barry, or Chad about this. They my not tell you very little thing, but they will tell you enough to clear this up.

foxracingpredat
09-25-2003, 02:25 PM
hey maybe yzbabe is chad duvall undercover!?!?:confused:

chad duvall
09-25-2003, 07:17 PM
To try and clear a few rumors up, Barry is a heck of a good friend off the race seen and yes I am sure he would give me a good reference and also a few other Pro racers that I know he has talked about. So no Barry is not my silent sponsor nor is any other Yamaha rider YET! My son is sponsored by them and is a very big part of MY racing and he maybe my silent sponsor, He did to just win a Championship $ ? Or How about my Wife, my family and my friends. Never the less I have had alot of fun this week getting back to the calling my sponsors and setting up a new bike. everyone has been very good to me.(sponsor plug..Elka,Houser,white brothers,Douglas Wheel, Badger,GYT-R, Ricky Stator,).
As for the soap oprea part of this, I am not sure who yzbabe is but maybe just a fan?
I will not be disclosing the agreement between FST and myself. Just call it Mutual agreed from both parties and leave it at that. My thoughts now are on trying to get the Pro Production championship back on track and having fun doing it. I am a family/friend/fan racer and always will be! Thanks to all who support me and understand this intruption!

MEL
09-25-2003, 07:18 PM
chad's in the forum right now. chad, whats the deal? and good luck in st. clairsville.

Admin
09-25-2003, 07:29 PM
As always Chad, it is nice to see you on the site to help clear up rumors!

Also, it was nice talking with you and your wife at the Sparta race. I hope you got to see some of the pictures that I posted from the Sparta Race?

http://www.exriders.com/pictures/Sparta2003/Chad.jpg

AtvMxRider
09-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Well good luck with everything Chad.:)

chad duvall
09-25-2003, 08:45 PM
ex admin, the picture that you posted is great, did you realize that there is three chad's in it?
Chad Giffin(am racer) Chad Wallace and myself.
Thanks!
Also it was nice to put a face to a name! Hope to talk again at St. Clairsville.

chad duvall
09-25-2003, 09:02 PM
:confused:
Mike as bad of a day I was having, you brought a smile to my face and laughter to me the next few miles. The expression on your face as I went by was Priceless! Salute!
Thanks;)
Chad

lt250r91
09-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Chad

At first I was like who the F is that and did I do something to get them mad at me enough to get them to wave like that. Then it finally dawned on me it was you just messing with me.

I bet you got a kick out of it cause I'm sure I look like a deer caught in the headlights with at blank look.

See you a ST. Clairsville. Hopefully you be saluting me early in the race as you are the first pro to pass me. Goodluck Chad and go win that pro production title.

BTW, Thanks for the salute at the last race. That was the only good thing that happen for me during the race. Racer Production didn't count my last lap do to them saying I cut course. Ther was a couple guys hung up that nasty last hill climb so I went around it (figure the bottleneck rule would allow me to). Wrong it cost me a lap and almost a DQ.

Mike

Admin
09-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Hey Mike, which way did you go to get around the bottle neck?

Did you go up the road to the left of the bottle neck or did you take the woods trail to the right?

lt250r91
09-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Road to the left. A course offical was coming down to tow one of the quad that was broke down on the hill back to the pits. He radio it in and Mary Jo was waiting at the finish line for me:(

I asked some specators when I started up it were the track was and they pointed me back onto the track at the first available spot. I talked Mary Jo and Rita afterwards about it and they said I should have been DQ'd for it but the gave me a 1 lap penalty instead. I felt that I should have been given a 1 or 2 minute penalty at most for it. I just wasn't going to get myself hurt or someone else by trying to make a new line up the hill or even tear my quad up. Oh well it's done and over with now. I know I'll just do things different next time.

Admin
09-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Mike, I must say that I agree with Rita on her decision. The road cut out atleast a 1/2 mile of the course through the winding woods, and it was well over 25' from the track. You must have really talked yourself out of getting DQ'd.

There was a path to the right of the slick hill that was real easy to go up and put you right back on the track without a problem. I walked it before the race and alot of the morning racers were taking it, but I guess you didnt' see it.

I know you didn't mean any harm, but you must realize why they had to do what they did.

lt250r91
09-26-2003, 11:13 AM
I did not see the other path. I know someone was stuck a little to the right of the hill that I passed on the last lap. Not sure if that is the line you were talking about or not. I know I cut a fair bit of the course on the last lap by doing this. And I execpt the penalty for doing so. Just mad at myself for doing it. Normally I woudl have stopped and looked for a better line to take or just wait, but do to how bad I was running that day and I just passed a guy that was in my class and I didn't want to loss any time and maybe a positition by stopping to think about what to do. So I just reacted. It was a poor judgement on my part and I learned a lesson from it.

400exmom
09-26-2003, 03:11 PM
most respectable reply chad duvall... people will talk no matter what you do ive found...so just enjoy your passion and let petty chit roll off yer back...:D

bustinbeads
09-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Poor poor Mickey.:D Wonder if he made Cook read all those sponsor threads?

Dunlap
09-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by bustinbeads
Poor poor Mickey.:D Wonder if he made Cook read all those sponsor threads? No its not poor Mickey,this is what I wanted. Chad and I agreed that he should find another ride and he did. A local rider gave him a used yzf to ride. Chad is a great racer and he could win on a tote-goat if he had to. I beleive he will win the next two races,this has done nothing but given him the exstra drive to win him and his sponcers the championship just not for four stroke tech.

*$BlueFlash$*
10-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Chad Duvall is the nicest guy u will every meet you can aks anybody he is also the friendlyis guy youll meet he talk to anybody. good luck this weekend chad

Smokey
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Yea he is and very respected in the industry . I dont think anyone can ever change that either . He has helped any company that has helped him .... he says nothing but good about all his sponsers .....