PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ice race?

HiperEX
09-22-2003, 06:42 PM
I want to ice race this year with my shee with the mods below do u think this would be a good tire for the ice also i will be added tire screws for better traction. klaw xcrs with studs. and would a banshee we any good for ice racing? thanks

NTPRacing#19
09-23-2003, 04:24 PM
contact james lucky racing they carry special ice racing tires that are a very hard rubber compound so the ice screws wont pull out so easy.

and yes if the banshee is low and wide it will be a great machine to ice race

Crf150f
09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
i always wanted to ice race....:confused: but yeah a banshee seems good enough for the ice. good luck bro

QuadJunkies
09-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Im gonna give it a whirl this year if we have them again this year.....:macho :D

speedy400
09-25-2003, 11:01 AM
I ice drag race every year. the best set up I've ever seen is take a pair of real old tires that are worthless to you, put some tubes in them. Then put about 20 ice studs(for smowmobile tracks). in the tire.-darren

TheX1992
09-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
I want to ice race this year with my shee with the mods below do u think this would be a good tire for the ice also i will be added tire screws for better traction. klaw xcrs with studs. and would a banshee we any good for ice racing? thanks

where abouts in wisconsin are you from?? im from chippewa...central wi..home of leinies :). where can u ice race around here? i want to do it this year but i dont know where you can

scooter8
09-26-2003, 09:33 PM
In central WI I run the CWIRA (central wisconsin ice racing association)The web site is cwira.com but the web site usually don't work till about November.We run all over central WI.Here is a list of places we ran last year.
Neillsville
Freemont
Phillips
Marshfeild
Hatfeild
Stevens Point
Nekoosa
Dexterville
Antigo
There are rubber and studded classes for atv's
They also run motorcycle's
I'm not shure but there are about 20 classes.
There is also a southern series I think their web site is SWIRA.com.

TheX1992
09-27-2003, 09:47 AM
get a hold of me around that time guy u can break me into the ice racing gig :). i was thinking of useing my old tires for studding. 18" mx holeshots. their pretty worn and rims are pretty beat. i was thinking of putting a nut and bolt throuhgh them so they dont rip out and taking a dremel and sharpening the bolts so they catch more. then about 20 pounds of slime so it holds air lol. how does that sound?

flyin#5
09-27-2003, 10:29 AM
i think were gonna hit a couple ice races this winter. ill probably just run the unstudded class.

speedy400
09-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
i think were gonna hit a couple ice races this winter. ill probably just run the unstudded class.
Are you talking about ice track racing? Or Ice drag racing? If your talking about ice trackracing, I'll come over to WI and race with you guys.-darren