PDA

View Full Version : why are my shocks soo poop?

WEEZIL
09-22-2003, 06:31 PM
ok.. I have a 93 300ex I weigh 110lbs i have the factory suspension on my quad.. it seems like every tiny little friggin stick I hit i can feel it. i run about 3-1/2 lbs of air all the way around on 2 ply tires. They also squeak like a friggin school bus any one have any suggestions on how to fix this.. and no i am not gona go out and buy elkas or works.... think man.. i am 14 and i dont have a job yet.

09-22-2003, 06:37 PM
flip those shocks upside down. ;)

09-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
flip those shocks upside down. ;)

Im sorry but to say that, you must be an idiot. If they worked better that way, they would come like that and be set up like that. No Flame just explaining your idiocy and how that should not be done:D :bandit:

Juggalo
09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
he is an idiot..look at his other post about flipping shocks

WEEZIL
09-22-2003, 07:13 PM
thanks guys... but please if no one knows wtf they are talking about please please PLEASE do not post. :( I would really appriciate it if you guys would leave this to the experts. like pappy, jeff, jonny, monkeyboy (j/k) ect...

skemp
09-22-2003, 07:36 PM
If they are the stock shocks from '93 they are shot. There is nothing you can do to fix it short of buying new shocks. Sorry. :(

09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
:( im such an idiot :( im glad you informed me of this juggalo before i go out into the public, i appreciate all ofyour help man...i guess thats what this site is for? :huh

foxhonda_400ex
09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
if they are squeking spray them down with WD40 or something similar to quiet them, as for how stiff they are, they might just be old and the seals are hard and shot. might be time for some new ones. just look on ebay for some cheap ones or something if money is tight.

lil400exman
09-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
thanks guys... but please if no one knows wtf they are talking about please please PLEASE do not post. :( I would really appriciate it if you guys would leave this to the experts. like pappy, jeff, jonny, monkeyboy (j/k) ect...
i guess sinc we jump race and build our own race bikes and have ridden half as long as youve been alive i guess we dont know what ur talking about if you ever come into this forum you will see we have more posts and info. and front stock shocks are just there to sell the bike they are junk! there is nothing you can do except move the adjusters to the softest setting by moving the peice of metal around untilit goes all the way down if that makes sense. and the only solution to a better shock is buying aftermarket shocks you could pick up some used works with rezzies for around 300 dollars and the difference would be night and day kid. but thats all the advice we can give to ya especially when your budget is as long as your shoe string:confused2
juggs and curt i am sorry we all had to take this kinda flaming buy a 14 yr old:rolleyes: :mad:

09-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Im gonna tell on you sucka:macho

Juggalo
09-23-2003, 08:28 AM
i'll just ignore his idiocy for now. weezil, your shocks are probably just dead. the 300 has crappy shocks on it to begin with and so by now their probably shot. i'd suggest finding a set of 400ex shocks and converting them onto your 300 or getting a set of works. don't spray WD-40 on them, that will just atract more dust.

4TraxRider
09-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Are they your bearings squeeling? Give them some grease and see if they stop.

WEEZIL
09-23-2003, 01:03 PM
thanks guys.. not the best news i have heard but i am glad i know what to do... and for all of the racers.. and all the shock pros i wasnt flaming you.. i was complementing you. I wouldnt wana hear nothin from anyone else BESIDE you! so i think there may be a little mis understanding :rolleyes:

09-23-2003, 01:09 PM
im 15 and i bought my 400ex. I bought all the stuff on my quad including my tcs. so its possible if u want it bad enough.