PDA

View Full Version : What is the quietest performance pipe for 400EX?

rr4406pak
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
I think most will say that the FMF Q pipe is the quietest performance pipe out there. What is the decible level of the Q pipe?

Does anybody know what the stock db level of the 400EX is so we can compare?

Thanks!

4TraxRider
09-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Stock is 88db

speedy400
09-22-2003, 04:35 PM
the next level up on noise and performance is waht I hace, mega max2, you can make that quieter than stock I think if you get the quiet core incert-darren

09-22-2003, 05:20 PM
heres the 411 on the pipes. A fmf Q is gonna be realyl quiet but it wont be good performance. The megamax or the wb e-series is a good choice because u can adjust the loudness. The best choice i think out of these is a Hmf with a quiet core. The Hmf is the best pipe for the money. The hmf is REALLY loud without a quiet core but with a quiet core in i think it lowers the db's to around 91 or 95 somewhere in the low 90's. I run without a quiet core because i race mx but the hmf has GREAT performance and sounds much better than a pro circuit. Even with the quiet core in you barely lose any performance just the noise. Its only 210 too and 230 powdercoated pretty much any color u want.

Steve-o 400EX
09-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
heres the 411 on the pipes. A fmf Q is gonna be realyl quiet but it wont be good performance. The megamax or the wb e-series is a good choice because u can adjust the loudness. The best choice i think out of these is a Hmf with a quiet core. The Hmf is the best pipe for the money. The hmf is REALLY loud without a quiet core but with a quiet core in i think it lowers the db's to around 91 or 95 somewhere in the low 90's. I run without a quiet core because i race mx but the hmf has GREAT performance and sounds much better than a pro circuit. Even with the quiet core in you barely lose any performance just the noise. Its only 210 too and 230 powdercoated pretty much any color u want.

I agree, The disc style exhausts are the way to go if you want quiet and performance. But usually the louder a pipe is, the more power it gives, unless you are talking a bout a DG, they just make noise.

Honda400exnxr50
09-23-2003, 11:04 AM
The DMC Alien's pretty quiet with great performance. And a great price too!

09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
uhhh the dmc isnt quiet. but whatever u want.