PDA

View Full Version : This is sad, and boy does it make me mad.

VegasEx'r
09-22-2003, 12:39 PM
ATV deaths (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97943,00.html)

I'm sure the anti-ATV groups will love this, especially the comments at the end of the story. What are 6 kids doing on an ATV in the middle of the streeet anyway?!?

sly400ex
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Dang...that is horrible!:(

TheOneYouHate
09-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Dang...that is horrible!:(

it was the drivers fault right? so it wasnt the quads problem?

sly400ex
09-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TheOneYouHate
it was the drivers fault right? so it wasnt the quads problem?

Yeah, from what I read it was the drivers fault, but some how they'll blame it on the ATV.:rolleyes:

k2-dawg
09-22-2003, 02:31 PM
That does suk!

Crf150f
09-22-2003, 02:34 PM
i hate people againt atv's

Doibugu2
09-22-2003, 02:44 PM
I think it's as much as the driver's fault as it was as the kids. At 14, they know enough they shouldn't be on the road.

Where are there parents, letting them ride around at 9pm. Shouldn't they be getting ready for school?

Crf150f
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
seriously their parents must suck

hondafox440
09-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Some people shouldn't reproduce. How stupid must you be to pack 6 kids on a quad andtake a cruise down the middle of the street at 14 years old?

K2Snow
09-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Damn, what kind of ATV was it anyway? It was probably just as much the kids' fault as the driver's. If they were stupid enough to pile up 6 of them on an ATV after dark, they were probably too stupid to obey the traffic laws. Well, parents never shoulda let that happen anyway.

Foxyangel0425
09-23-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I think it's as much as the driver's fault as it was as the kids. At 14, they know enough they shouldn't be on the road.

Where are there parents, letting them ride around at 9pm. Shouldn't they be getting ready for school?

Its sad to hear, but i have to agree with you. Those kids should have known better than to get on the street with a quad!! Where were those parents letting them ride like that?

Hate to say it but parents these days just don't watch their kids! :mad:

PHAT400
09-23-2003, 07:20 AM
I can possibly see 1 child on the quad after dark on the road and having an accident, but my god, that many kid's on a quad... did they even have any gear on? And yeah.. did the parent's know...

My boy is 5 and he rides only with me, full gear ina controlled area surrounded by tree's and no direct access to a busy road..

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d734b3127cce8e22078bdab90000001610

JTRtrx250r
09-23-2003, 09:55 AM
:(

Joecool1264
09-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Hey I've got an idea! Lets file some neglect charges on the deadhead "parents". What kind of chucklehead lets six kids on a quad, on a public road, at 9:00 pm. Damn!!!

JTRtrx250r
09-23-2003, 07:26 PM
another sad thing is...imagine how the driver feels...I bet that persons life altogether is diferent,just minding their own business on the way home from work and....,a major loss for everyone:(

Dan_Guetter
09-23-2003, 08:40 PM
uuummmmmmmmm, i just don't understand how something like that could happened:(

09-23-2003, 08:50 PM
hmm they should have the dumbass law...people who are just stupid no matter age or what and kill themselves its no one elses fault, think of other stupid crap those kids might do, if u dont have common sense your screwed

queenjr
09-24-2003, 02:15 AM
Must have been the new BusEX. I dont think blaming the parents for this is correct. What kids do is not always indicative of what the parents are like. Who here has always done what their parents said? Its a very sad situation and I hope to never be a part of one like it.

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 06:17 AM
another sad thing is...imagine how the driver feels...I bet that persons life altogether is diferent,just minding their own business on the way home from work and....,a major loss for everyone

Not exactly, the post indicated that the vehicle crossed the center line, however I do agree that this individual's life is definately changed forever. The driver will likely be at fault but those kid's should never have been allowed to be out at that time of night with as many pasengers as there were..

And it is possible that the parent's who owned the quad did not know that the kids were out on it. Anyone else here do stupid things when you were younger and it surprises you today that you are still alive... (taking the car out before you were legal) I know I did, so being a dad the parents might not have known the kids were on the quad...

my 2 cent's

JTRtrx250r
09-24-2003, 06:54 AM
well what do you expect...w/ a quad full of kids in the dark w/o a headlight Im sure I'd crossed the center line to,probably trying to dodge them at the last minute....I could almost guarentee the driver didnt mean to or choose to hit them,its not like they chose to mow a buncha kids off the road,the kids parents are just as much at fault as the driver:rolleyes: If I had a 10yr old out after dark..your sure as hell right I'd know about it,and to not hear the quad running as they took it...I'd have to be deaf:rolleyes: like I said...its a loss for all of them,full-on poor parental skills:grr:How many times have you been riding and someone comming the other way panics and swerves to your side of the trail trying to miss you,they dont always go by the road/trail rules in a panic,chits hard to judge when both parties are moving and you dont know if the other guy is gonna go left or right

and thats my 0.02

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 08:06 AM
newest update...
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37028

JTRtrx250r
09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by PHAT400
newest update...
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37028 well I didnt read the drunken part..my bad....hang the ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :grr: :mad: :grr:

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 09:47 AM
LOL:p

JTRtrx250r
09-24-2003, 10:05 AM
I heard the story from a buddy....funny how he left that part out:rolleyes: thats why I didnt read it...I'll know better next time ,all I heard was some lady hit 4 kids on a quad that was in the middle of the road...I guess RIF applys to me haha:rolleyes:

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
That's cool bro, I am definately not one to start trouble. Being a father scares the hell out of me when I read this stuff...

peace..

JTRtrx250r
09-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by PHAT400
That's cool bro, I am definately not one to start trouble. Being a father scares the hell out of me when I read this stuff...

peace.. Hey I hear that man..mine are 16 next month...that means driving,Im not too worried about them being stupid...its their buddys that concerns me:uhoh:

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 11:12 AM
man, 32 yrs old and you have 16 yr old's.... :huh good luck man. I have a few years yet.. Mason is only 5......:D

sly400ex
09-24-2003, 11:25 AM
This kind of angers me....part from the article

Sandy Burkett, 18, of Douglas, said the tragedy had "scared everybody to death about riding four-wheelers."

Why be scared to ride a four-wheeler, it wasn't the machines fault....a lot of irresponsibility caused this tragedy, not he ATV.:mad:

jollyrj
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
This makes me so sad I'm sick to my stomach... WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? Can you imagine losing your child like that? No, it's not the ATV's fault... again, WHERE ARE THE PARENTS????

sigh..

Ryan
09-24-2003, 11:59 AM
No matter how drunk the driver was, those kids should not have been riding on the road.

Rules they Broke.....
Carry passengers (5!)
Being under the age of sixteen (Some of these kids were 12!)
Riding on the road (Very dangerous at 12-14 yrs old.)

All atv's come with warning labels on them. Obviously they did not obey by the rules. Where were the parents?

And the driver who hit the kids was drunk, which she shouldn't have been. But if those kids knew to stay off the roads, the drunk driver might of ended up in a tree down the road, only harming herself.

Just my 2 pennies!

PHAT400
09-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
No matter how drunk the driver was, those kids should not have been riding on the road.

Rules they Broke.....
Carry passengers (5!)
Being under the age of sixteen (Some of these kids were 12!)
Riding on the road (Very dangerous at 12-14 yrs old.)

All atv's come with warning labels on them. Obviously they did not obey by the rules. Where were the parents?

And the driver who hit the kids was drunk, which she shouldn't have been. But if those kids knew to stay off the roads, the drunk driver might of ended up in a tree down the road, only harming herself.

Just my 2 pennies!

You are a smart young man..... keep it real... ;)

RytM1
09-24-2003, 05:59 PM
They had an article in AOL News this morning about the accident. A vounteer fireman responded to the scene figuring that it would be a "routine" accident scene response, only to find that two of the kids killed were his own. :( http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20030922161709990004

JTRtrx250r
09-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RytM1
They had an article in AOL News this morning about the accident. A vounteer fireman responded to the scene figuring that it would be a "routine" accident scene response, only to find that two of the kids killed were his own. :( http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20030922161709990004 Ahh man...I couldn't even imagine..that poor guy:(

440exnacsracer
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
just thought id straightin up a few facts....my cousin is very close friends with on of the families, went to the funeral and has told my mom what happened. well most of you already know what happened but you are criticizing the kids and parents. #1 the kids were riding on the side of the road on trails......#2 this was a small country road and i have ridin roads less than 10 miles at some property we used to own there....you are lucky to see 1 car within say...an hour of riding and they arent ever going fast.....MOST OF MY TRIALS ARE MORE DANGEROUS #3 the parents had regulated the quads speed and a few friends were over for the girls birthday party and they just went out cruizing.....maybe 5mph.....NOT riding FAST or JUMPING. #4 the driver was 14....the first quad i rode alot was a 230 quadrunner when i was about 9....i got a 400ex when i was 14 and im 16 with a predator now....those stickers are there because some DUMB***** got hurt and suied....JUST LIKE SOME PEOPLE ARE SUIEING MCDONALDS BECAUSE "THEY GOT FAT OFF THIER FOOD"!!!!! C'MON people think a little before you talk the kids were out having a little fun and some HIGH lady comes across the ENTIRE road and hits them.....she shouldnt be driving......well i hope you realize what happened and will stop criticizing them
lata
Ben

marksuttonjr
09-24-2003, 09:47 PM
That is sad for everyone involved. Some of you might not think that it will be hard on the driver of the car, but it will be. She will have to live the rest of her life knowing that she kill those children.

I know that I'm opening myself up to some major flaming when I admit this, but I did the same ting as the children were doing when I was young. There were several nights when we would go out several hours after dark riding double and triple up on 3 wheelers. I still prefer night riding and ride on county roads most of the time, because there are no public riding areas that are within a 2 hour drive.

PHAT400
09-25-2003, 08:44 AM
Hey Ben,

Thanks for the inside scoop. Hopefully you see that most of the people critisizing are parent's, it's difficult to imagine losing your children. Fact is .. it happened, everyone can scream and yell and condem people for whose fault it is but the truth is, there will be circumstances beyond our control. I've lost enough people in my life (many in a similar fashion, drunk driving) to know that we have no control over it. all we can do is use our common sense as best aspossible and hope for the best.

Again, thanks for the inside line. Please extend my heartfelt condolences to the family...

:(

capecod400ex
09-25-2003, 07:35 PM
I think it really sucks for all the familys involved but this type of publisty really isnt what we need after this word news is most likely going to go off AGAIN on about how unsafe atv's are and so on and so forth. But i got to say i really feel sorry for the family of the kids that died.
just my thougths.