PDA

View Full Version : my motor went poof i think

GrInDeR400ex
09-21-2003, 08:36 PM
well here lately ive been starting the quad and it blows smoke when it starts, and it goes through plugs pretty bad, would that be the rings goin?, well anyways i was riding tonight and i was planning to redo the motor at the end of the year, i just did the whole suspension, pc, and new plastic, it went +2 wide and +1 1/4 longer, i mean the whole works, just finished that last week, i was in the middle of a jump when it spit and sputtered and dead in mid air:eek2: , well i landed and tried to get it goin again and nuttin dead:confused2 so i looked at the plug, black as night, like a 2 stroke plug, well i put a new one in and it still no firing just turning over bout 5 min of this it was black as night too, and smelt burnt, so i went home and started the tear down for the rebuild as i was taking the motor apart i got into the cylender and the pistion top was blacker then the plug so was the valves, and the oil smelt so burnt it was about to make me puke, so tomorrow im taking the cylender in to get boared .040 and my pistion will be here this week so if any body else thinks it is somthin else let me know, thanks

Ralph
09-21-2003, 08:55 PM
dont go to get your cylender bored without the piston. they match the hone+bore to the piston to make it perfect...