PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun pipe combo

Toadz400
09-21-2003, 02:08 PM
what would be the best head pipe to use for a Big Gun slip-on? or should i just go for the Big Gun header pipe?

flyin#5
09-21-2003, 02:12 PM
usually you would want to go with the same company for both since they test the pipe and silencer together to gain the most power from them. but what do i know?

Colby@C&DRacing
09-21-2003, 02:12 PM
I would us the big gun header it is make to work with that pipe. YOu will probably see the best gains this way:)

EX LONERIDER
09-21-2003, 02:32 PM
i whent ahead and opted to get the full race system, and for one, i liked the fact of the jethot coating. it definately made a diffrence once i got it. that and it keeps both me and the right side of the motor cooler then a pipe without the coating... ive riden ones with just the chrome or bare metal and they get hot..... imo:D

cals400ex
09-21-2003, 03:34 PM
if you just bought the slip on, the headpipe won't fit from what i hear. the headpipe is a little bigger and won't fit into the slip on silencer. i think the power bomb header works on most slip on silencers though. if it was me, i would not waste the money on a header and spend the money else where.

Toadz400
09-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
but what do i know?

exactly :uhoh:

if you just bought the slip on, the headpipe won't fit from what i hear.

why would the slip-on not fit? that doesn't make any sense....

flyin#5
09-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
exactly :uhoh:

why would the slip-on not fit? that doesn't make any sense....

the slip on is made for the stock pipe... the big gun pipe is slightly bigger where it meets the header.... therefore you must get the full system:)

Toadz400
09-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
the slip on is made for the stock pipe... the big gun pipe is slightly bigger where it meets the header.... therefore you must get the full system:)

...therefore you must suck balls:uhoh:

haha, jk. well that sucks....so basically my only choice is to get the full system or using the FMF Powerbomb header? how do you guys think that will work?

flyin#5
09-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
...therefore you must suck balls:uhoh:

haha, jk. well that sucks....so basically my only choice is to get the full system or using the FMF Powerbomb header? how do you guys think that will work?

idk time to get a 400ex.

:( that doesnt work anymore:blah:

cals400ex
09-22-2003, 08:39 AM
for one, you won't notice much power with the big gun. my friend has one and wishes he would have gone with sparks, lrd, hetrick etc. i would not get the header. i would either leave the stock header on or get an engine builders complete system. like i said, the slip on won't fit most aftermarket headers. does that make sense now???

Crf150f
09-22-2003, 09:11 AM
im confused

Crf150f
09-22-2003, 09:12 AM
When i got the full syestem for my 250 it fit fine. u cant use the stock header with big guns slip on. the stock header is to small. so u have to get the full system. which sucks the big one

Crf150f
09-22-2003, 09:13 AM
o yeah ive never heard anything about a fmf header fitting.

Toadz400
09-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
for one, you won't notice much power with the big gun. my friend has one and wishes he would have gone with sparks, lrd, hetrick etc. i would not get the header. i would either leave the stock header on or get an engine builders complete system. like i said, the slip on won't fit most aftermarket headers. does that make sense now???

actually i love my big gun, it has a lot more power than a stock, it's very useable, and it sounds great. but that's just my opinion, i haven't ridden a 400ex with a Sparks, LRD, or Hetrick. only stock, Big Gun, FMF, and WB R-4....the R4 has more "power" but it's not very useable, mostly a top end pipe it seems like.

i'm perfectly fine with my Big Gun, has plenty of power for me to use. i was just hoping to get more power by getting a header also...but i guess not, it'd be nice to just be able to buy the header.

but on the website you can buy the header seperate, so wouldn't that make you think that it will fit on the slip-on?? i guess i will find out if i buy it.

EX LONERIDER
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
:D power to the "big gun boys"!!!!! have you ever felt that cool precussion while standing behind it????? i havent noticed any other pipe that does that:huh big bun definately makes it feel like the term "thumper"

Toadz400
09-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
:D power to the "big gun boys"!!!!! have you ever felt that cool precussion while standing behind it????? i havent noticed any other pipe that does that:huh big bun definately makes it feel like the term "thumper"

EXACTLY! thank you! and i know what you mean, the precussion is awesome when standing behind it. i love my big gun:D

EX LONERIDER
09-22-2003, 09:29 PM
:D :D :D i get comments about it when people ride behing me......6 bike lengths behind and they still feel it. they trip over that lol:cool:

zfire_28
09-23-2003, 01:09 AM
I loved the power my ex put out with my old Big Gun on her. Too bad the damn head pipe kept breaking:mad: :( :mad:

Toadz400
09-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28
I loved the power my ex put out with my old Big Gun on her. Too bad the damn head pipe kept breaking:mad: :( :mad:

didn't they fix that problem by making the diameter bigger or something?

EX LONERIDER
09-23-2003, 06:27 PM
yea, i havent had any problems with mine. the only thing was i had to keep after the nuts on the head pipe coming loose but, that stoped after the third or fourth trip out to the desert.

Toadz400
09-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
yea, i havent had any problems with mine. the only thing was i had to keep after the nuts on the head pipe coming loose but, that stoped after the third or fourth trip out to the desert.

if you do desert riding, why do you have a 14t drive sprocket? wouldn't you want a 15 or 16 for more top end?:confused:

i do a lot of trail riding and starting up on track riding, and a 14t doesn't have enough top for me, it tops out way too fast. so i don't see how you could use a 14t in the desert...that would be insane

EX LONERIDER
09-23-2003, 06:47 PM
yea, well last time i was there i was goin up comp hill at buttercup, and id either be toping out in 2nd, or lugging too low in third shooting up the hill, i may go buy a 16t before i go out again and also try it the same weekend. i mostly do dunes riding, i might be hurting top end as far as rolling through the bowls..... eh, ill have to see:rolleyes: