PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of pipe without rejetting

Texan32
02-01-2002, 07:01 AM
Here's the plan. DMC Alien system and K&N Power Up Kit. I've been reading alot on this site, in mag articles, talked to race shops, and checked on-line for the best pipe. I am still paying for the quad and it runs great, so i don't want to pull the motor apart. (416,426,440....kit) So, exhaust and jeting is about the only way to get power. So, i am willing to to buy the best.

So here is my question. I can afford the pipe right now. (have a slight case of new toy fever) . Will i do much harm to the motor if i run the pipe without rejetting the carb. The temp. up here is sticking around th 10's. So i don't forsee much riding, but sometime you just got to tuff it out and go. I am going to rejet, but can i run without it? (i'm aware that the pipe won't really open up until i get more fuel to it) I just really want to get my pipe put on.

Holty
02-01-2002, 07:10 AM
most aftermarket pipe companies claim that when you install there pipe(silencer only) on a completely stock bike(no free flowing air filter, or air box mods) that you will NOT have to rejet the bike. they say the stock jetting is fine. If you plan on doing the K&N power up kit(which comes with jets) then you will need to rejet or your bike will not run good. I personally would wait and do it all at once.

RideRed400EX
02-01-2002, 07:52 AM
The real danger to KABOOM. When your engine runs lean it goods hot which could cause it to fail. Holty is right there isn't much to worry about if you haven't done any other mods but once you start adding more air rejet.

MOOCAZEN
02-01-2002, 07:56 AM
I HAVE A DMC ALIEN FULL SYSTEM, USED ABT 2 MNTHS AND THE REAR IS POLISHED TO A CHROME LIKE FINISH, ILL SELL IT FOR 320 SHIPPED, COMPLETE SYSTEM HARDLY USED, THAT WAY YOU CAN GET A K&N AND JET KIT TOO, LET ME KNOW

Texan32
02-01-2002, 08:54 AM
1. Did you really like the pipe?

2. If you did, why are you selling it?

MOOCAZEN
02-01-2002, 12:18 PM
IT WORKS AWESOME BUT IM TRYING TO GO WITH DUNCAN FOR THE BAJA 250 AND IT WOULDNT LOOK GOOD IF I TRY AND GO WITH THEM AND STILL USE MY DMC, ASK ANYONE THAT HAS ONE, THEY ROCK, THE REASON PEOPLE DONT HAVE IT AND SAY THAT THERES IS BETTER E.G. BIG GUN, FMF, ECT ECT, IS BCUZ THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY, BUT ASK PEOPLE THAT HAVE THIS ONE OR THE DUNCAN DOUBLE BARREL (WHICH IS EXACT SAME DESIGN) THEY'LL TELL YOU ABT THE DIFFERENCE

DESDAK4
02-04-2002, 09:24 AM
I will tell you I got the e-series slip on and the k&n power up kit for 320 from moto-man and modified my stock head pipe and I run dead with my buddy who has the DMC full system with the exception of the fact that he can out shift me sometimes. It had nothing to do with money it was pure choice.